Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-10-11   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Full Detailed Thread for Samsung Focus, SGH I917.

where is your review on upgrading? what am i supposed to do now? coz the zune is just saying that the software is upto date
godspeed4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11   #17
teh geeK!
[E]onian

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

Originally Posted by nish_higher View Post
@prajith

totally agree with you, esp on the music player + Email. music player also has "Similar Artists" feature which is good.
and email is full of Win. holy sh** is what i thought when i got this phone and set up email accounts.

the keyboard too. what a pleasure.

I am with MS (and Apple) on the sysreq thing. less fragmentation and more phones that 'work' instead of going through tons of tweaks to make a phone enjoyable.

About outlook, try this. i dont use outlook though -
How to Sync Windows Phone 7 with Outlook - YouTube

@godspeed4476
like iphone has firmwares, Win phones have roms, which you need to install to access new features. you can simply connect to zune and update your phone. i am sure Mango is available now

1. outlook connector works(sometimes you have to pray) but just that. totally unreliable.
2. firmwares and roms and totally different things in technical parlance . I dont know how apple works but if upgrading the firmware in apple means getting new OS version then thats completely wrong.
In comparison with a PC, a firmware is like a BIOS of the mobo whereas ROM(again technically a wrong word) is used to denote the OS that you install.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
WOW !! what a write up !!
I have used Win Mobile and now WP 7 but I cant even write half as good as you wrote..
I agree with the positive points absolutely so won't mention them again.. but for th egripes..
1. Yeah, no storage mode does make it a little hurting, specially as I use Android on my HD2..

2. Outlook sync is very important for companies and as I dont use it, I dont miss it.. but for enterprise users it is a big concern.
as for th eshameful part, I tried using to sync my googla contacts too, LOLz.. but then I imported all my contacts through the web interface of my Live email account and voila. I have every contact in my Live contact list.. so I am a little less shameful now..

I will be waiting for your expert opinions dude, what fun it must be to sideload the apps... unfortunaltely we can't do that..

What is a ROM.. ?? ROM is the Mobile OS.. in most simplest of explanations.. there are different versions of it just like desktop OS..
To install a new update ( as I lilke to call it, as ROM is basically for android ) launch Zune desktop software, connect your phone to the PC and let it be shown in Zune.. the drivers and all will be downloaded and installed, so don't worry about them
7008 is a very early stock !!
I got mine in NoDo 7390 already on it..
read my views about updating and mind the points.. there is no other way except Zune.. I don't want you to feel lost.
as for the seller, the buyer can always ask him to bubble wrap his parcel, I think he will do that..
1. storage mode is available as a hack. I dont need it so dont use it. (i have a miniature 32GB pendrive. slips into wallet)
2. if you have ever worked with outlook mobile sync you wont use anything else. Even for home users. sadly not available for WP7.
(although from my sources i have found that it is one of the upcoming features for WP7, calendars and contacts may sync from zune , fine enough for me)
3. sideloading apps is fun, there is a limit of 10 at a time but thats ok cause i dont work on 10 apps simultaneously. 4-5 tops.

People who are in a confused state, let me clarify this. Mango has been released publicly.
You dont need to hack your phone to get mango onto it.
and mango, let me tell you, is SWEET!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by godspeed4476 View Post
where is your review on upgrading? what am i supposed to do now? coz the zune is just saying that the software is upto date
You must update your device to get new features and to plug security issues.
for example, before mango GPS was always on and had unintentional user tracking. It is fixed with mango
by the way mango is just the release name or windows phone 7.5 OS

to know more on what each update has check this:
Windows Phone Update History | Windows Phone OS Versions | Windows Phone 7

and to know whats the latest update check this:
Windows Phone US Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7
wingzero and ManISinJpr like this.

---------------------------------------------------------
Home : Core i5 3470, Z77, 4x4 GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 400R
Travel & Work : Dell Latitude E6320

prajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11   #18
teh priesT!
[E]onian
iPwn

nish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirable

@prajith
Yup they are different , but as far as apple is concerned , fw update addresses issues or adds features. In general win7 roms do the same.
I dont think i cud have put it in a simple way for godspeed who uses an iphone.
Old 03-10-11   #19
teh geeK!
[E]onian

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

thats good enough
Old 03-10-11   #20
teh priesT!
[E]onian
iPwn

nish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirable

Last edited by nish_higher; 03-10-11 at 11:37 PM.
nish_higher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11   #21
teh geeK!
[E]onian

^^double post ??
Old 04-10-11   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

godspeed4476 is Mysterious

did a reset of the phone, the phone downloaded the 7.5 update now .
Time to get a memory card and a slip case
Old 04-10-11   #23
teh geeK!
[E]onian

if you put a memory card you'll have to do a reset.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

get sandisk class 4 memory card. thats guaranteed to work.
many other cards dont work with WP7 (even the high speed ones)
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 04-10-11   #24
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

@godspeed4476Yes I am using 8GB class 4 Sandisk card and it is awesome with this. don't use any other brand or class.. although class 6 cards have been reported to be working.
@prajith, I have clicked the pics and will be uploading after some time, you can have a look anytime.. there is no hurry.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11   #25
teh geeK!
[E]onian

sure. I am in office now, so no access to pictures.
will check from home tonight
Old 04-10-11   #26
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed

i am unable to update. Mine is still on 7.0.7008. Zune is throwing some error regarding date and time. "Correct date and time to update my phone ".
i am using India as time zone. Tried selecting Us and Canada but still
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11   #27
teh geeK!
[E]onian

language must be English (United States) on both your phone and system.
Country must be united states.
Old 04-10-11   #28
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed

Ok . working now.

Last edited by Ab-Initio; 04-10-11 at 12:17 PM.
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11   #29
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

godspeed4476 is Mysterious

Wtf? That means I would have to reinstall the update after the reset? Damn! The whole process takes about 45-50 mins.
Thanks for the headsup regarding the mmc, would get a class 4 8gb today
Old 04-10-11   #30
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Ok.. I want to change the default email account that I used to login to Wp7 on my phone..
say it is xyz@live.com and its locale when I signed up for it was US.. so I can't change it.. I have tried changing it everywhere but no success.. ( everywhere means everywhere.. live, zune, xbox etc )
So I wanted to buy stuff from the marketplace, I tried to do that throughh phone and it gave me an option of choosing the US address. and credit card.. no option of changing the country in adding a credit card.
so I changed my locale in my computer and now I dont even see the marketplace in my zune !!!
I have heard that marketplace was launched in India but I am not seeing it !! even when I sent an apps link zune says this is not available in your locale...

so I am stuck !!!!
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply