Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Bikes and Cars
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-09-09   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Different l[E]ague of it's own

frankmehta's Ford Fiesta S ICED

Work has begun on my car.

As of now, sound deadening of the doors and boot have begun. it's called damping, and the material in use is NOISEKILL. it makes the atmosphere more favourable for the speakers, and a more 'homely' environment for them to play.

Here goes. Work in Progress.

frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #2
teh Paint Whisperer!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great
Re: frankmehta's Ford Fiesta S ICED

Hey! I heard you were having problems putting the speakers in the doors due to smaller space in the door for the speaker???

btw noisekill is awesome! (how is it compared to dynamat(ultra expensive ) )

And Congrats!
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Well this is what I was waiting for..Congrats on starting this project.
Hey, is the Noisekill fixed on the inside of the door cavity or just on top of the door frames below the plastic cladding?

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

Hey Frank, swell car and your ICE is.... well how do i put it... Legendary.

Just a question, the sound dampers that are installed especially the door one makes all the mechanicals and electronics in the door inaccessible. So (God forbid) but should something go wrong with say the central locking motor then is it possible to remove the sound dampers and replace it when the repair work is done ?
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

frankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Hey! I heard you were having problems putting the speakers in the doors due to smaller space in the door for the speaker???

btw noisekill is awesome! (how is it compared to dynamat(ultra expensive ) )

And Congrats!
I wasnt having problems as such. i havent tried installing the speakers though. Just thought it would be a tight fit.

As for noisekill, I would rate it as lighter, and AS effective, and 10 times cheaper than dynamat!!

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Well this is what I was waiting for..Congrats on starting this project.
Hey, is the Noisekill fixed on the inside of the door cavity or just on top of the door frames below the plastic cladding?
Thanks man. You have always been appreciative. Appreciate it
Noisekill is fixed on EVERY metal surface on the door. EVERY where!

65 square feet of noisekill has gone into deadening this car!

Originally Posted by Jinu View Post
Hey Frank, swell car and your ICE is.... well how do i put it... Legendary.

Just a question, the sound dampers that are installed especially the door one makes all the mechanicals and electronics in the door inaccessible. So (God forbid) but should something go wrong with say the central locking motor then is it possible to remove the sound dampers and replace it when the repair work is done ?
thanks mate. the deadening material has NOT been placed anywhere over any components. All wires, all locks, all motors are totally visible, and accessible. No impedance to normal service too. Only naked metal has been covered.
Also, the door pad has also been damped. In all, the speakers are going to have a nice cossetting atmosphere!
Old 07-09-09   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

congrats man, u r an inspiration, i will also do something like this with my car(once i have it, lol!)
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
initpidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #7
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Man - I do hope you would still be able to hear others honking. Or is it meant to deaden that.

Jus mentioning to safety's sake.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09   #8
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

frankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirablefrankmehta is highly Admirable

Umm. With music on in my fully deadened Esteem, I rarely ever heard anything from outside. Even horns! SO, yea, it's a small price I have to pay. Can't help it!
Old 08-09-09   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Perpetual Melancholy

TheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly Admirable

Hey Frank, reps, reps, reps...
Firstly, Congratulations on the Fiesta.
Secondly, This Guy!!! LOL Ive seen him somewhere, in the same Pose!! aah the Drunken Hermit thread in TBHP..the same guy innit ?
Dang! Cant wait to see, rather hear the system in action when its done.
What Say, we should organize a Mumbai, [E]-Frank.Mehta Car listening session, once the ICE is completely done
TheDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

^Lol.
Lub the Work going on

Gaming Devices :Razer Deathadder // Razer Goliathus // Razer Lycosa // Steel series Siberia //
Logitech Dual action Pad // Sennheiser HD448
Portable : iPhone 2G // SM MP21 // Motorola Milestone // iPhone 3GS // Denon ACH-C710 // Cannon 1000D

Reviews
:
Team Xtreem 4GB Kit Review // Razer Deathadder Review // Sound Magics MP21 Review // Rise of the fallen

ShaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
Hey Frank, reps, reps, reps...
Firstly, Congratulations on the Fiesta.
Secondly, This Guy!!! LOL Ive seen him somewhere, in the same Pose!! aah the Drunken Hermit thread in TBHP..the same guy innit ?
Dang! Cant wait to see, rather hear the system in action when its done.
What Say, we should organize a Mumbai, [E]-Frank.Mehta Car listening session, once the ICE is completely done
thanks mate!
yes, it's the same guy who had written the drunk hermit story. LOL. was fun to write, and I am sure, it was fun to read too. hee haw!
About the meet, I am in. But it shouldn't be just for my ICE. Everyone should get their cars in and we can have a few hours of fun tuning and enjoying systems!

Originally Posted by ShaTTeR View Post
^Lol.
Lub the Work going on
Thanks. There is going to be be no progress for a few days now, since my installer is working on a BMW X5 and Jaguar XFR simultaneously.
There is no chance that I will get some 'action' from him this week. Maybe next week
Old 08-09-09   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

Jaguaaaar
Drool..
ShaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09   #13
teh Paint Whisperer!
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

Whoa! XFR system is awesome by default! who needs to work on that!?
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

neat work there.. this is the right way for a good SQ install.. but with that sub that youve planned.. its cant be anything else but looooouuud!!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-09   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly Admirable

Good Going. Do keep us updated.