Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-09-13   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Former Nokia CEO is Going to Launch "NewKia" Brand

This may sound weird and possibly make many of the android lovers happy. NewKia a new company was formed the day Microsoft, Nokia got together. Thomas Zilliacus, former CEO of Nokia came up with the NewKia idea, in fact he wanted to buy Nokia but couldn’t due to lack of funds.

According to Thomas Zilliacus many consumers are not happy with the Windows OS, moreover the number of Android users is multiplying as compared to that of Windows. Windows OS share is too small and this prevents many developers from developing their apps for the same.

He believes that Nokia has the best know how when it comes to Mobile technology and he wants to get in the best people to join NewKia. The idea is to use the Nokia technology and design / built the best smartphones, of course running on the Android OS.

To start with they would want to launch a new phone every year depending on funds and employee strength. In an interview with Zdnet, Zilliacus pointed out that in 2003, Nokia had a prototype that looked similar to the iPhone (this was 4 years before iPhone was launched). But that never happened just because Nokia thought that the market would reject the design, he still has the prototype in a drawer.

Well if the NewKia company could start-up we could see Nokia quality phones running Android OS, but will the brand matter?

Source

Nokia is dead, Newkia rises from its ashes | ZDNet
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13   #2
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

zacfx05 is somewhat of a Mystery
Re: Former Nokia CEO is Going to Launch "NewKia" Brand

why can't this people add a simple plus. NOKIA+

In any case MS only (may be) using Nokia brand on low budget phones.
zacfx05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

rahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirable

NOKIA - Kuch Nahi Kiya

NewKia - Kuch to naya kiya

My PC :- Intel i5 3570K || Asus P8Z77-V Pro || Gskill Ripjaws X 12 Gb 1600Mhz || Thermalright Archon || Corsair TX 650M || 7950 Vepor X || Seagate 500Gb + WD 3TB || LG DVD RW || Dell U2515H || CM HAF 912 Adv. || XBOX 360 Controller || Logitech Z906 + Asus Xonar STX || DT770 Pro 80 Ohm || APC BR1000G-IN || LG Optimus G.

My Bike :- CBR 150R Green.
rahulyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

They should change the "newkia" because it sounds like a chinese copy of nokia(like NOKLA).
nvarun likes this.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
newkia" sounds like a chinese copy of nokia(
Exactly. NewKia doesn't sound like the next Big Thing, rather name of an El Cheapo Chinese copy of Nokia.
Old 10-09-13   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
R-CDMA Expert !!

CDMA HUB is Mysterious

LOL...
Same think came in my mind, china copy !
but i am with this guy to make a nokia build phones with Android OS... they would have rock the world
CDMA HUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Lolsworthy name and super lolz idea, he doesn't have the money, then also he wants nokia employees to join him !
All employees are reading between the lines, though some may join him but android is not profitable for any company except Samsung !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

^Exactly
He doesn't have money.
The only thing he can do is to rebrand some chinese copy phones under "newkia" brand and do some work to improve its chinese crappy UI and add a good battery , sell it.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #9
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Why we are expecting so much negetive?? If he manage to get some funds and build some decent device then that is good for us.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

He is just an ex CEO for God's sake !! what can he do?
No exCEO of any company in the world can do stuff without that whole company.. never been done and never could be done...

I would advise him to join HTC and provide his loosing ideas to them ! or better yet he should join apple or sony !
Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
Why we are expecting so much negetive?? If he manage to get some funds and build some decent device then that is good for us.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

One of the main points is that all the technology and patents have been bought by Microsoft and that is why his plans seem even more absurd. How can one expect a Nokia phone without their technology.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
GGMU

adaneam is Notable

Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
One of the main points is that all the technology and patents have been bought by Microsoft and that is why his plans seem even more absurd. How can one expect a Nokia phone without their technology.

Nokia have not sold patents. They are licensed to Microsoft for 10 years.
adaneam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #13
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Apple sounds good name? Samsung sounds good name ?

A company is not judged by the name, but by their works. Apple name got famous because of iPhones.. same with other companies and their works.

I sure am looking forward to their work. Not was a fan of nokia though, but I sure was when symbian was on it's great days. So , yeah let's do it newkia, show us what you peeps can do.
Sobirvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #14
teh priesT!

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
It is not just the name. I think the main problem is the transition - Nokia to NewKia.

Anyway I think this name is just too lame
The Outsider likes this.
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
Thats the point of whole conversation, if he has potential to make great phones and sell them, why does he need a company name resembling an already familiar brand, why not start fresh with a new name? A buyer would be comfortable buying Samsung phone, but would he still be equally comfortable buying phone of a company named SAMESONG even if it was started by former Samsung CEO.
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply