Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-06-12   #46
teh nuB!
[E]onian
GGMU

Re: Forget Android: the iPhone Is a Better Phone for Hacking, Tweaking, and Customiza

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I don't have time to go through almost two hours of video, to argue with a fandroid.
No offense but you are embarrassing yourself now. I posted those videos because you do not have enough knowledge of iOS as well as of Android to argue about them.

You owning a Nexus is like giving a free-hit to Dravid.
adaneam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #47
teh geeK!
[E]onian
HaCkEr

Rig Gallery

WCK FTW! is highly ReputableWCK FTW! is highly ReputableWCK FTW! is highly ReputableWCK FTW! is highly Reputable
Re: Forget Android: the iPhone Is a Better Phone for Hacking, Tweaking, and Customiza

Android has a huge customization to price ratio. My Dell XCD35 which i bough for 8.5k can be customized at least on PAR if not above the iOS. Seriously thats the reason people buy android. they say its customization but there is a hint of price in der somewhere
SignOps and mrnikhilsudo like this.

Last edited by WCK FTW!; 20-06-12 at 08:34 PM.
WCK FTW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #48
Semper foo
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

^^ Agreed. There is something so beautiful out of reusing your old hardware and making it run much faster by spending some time and without spending a dime.

Apple is a FOR profit enterprise and they make Industry altering designs. So opening up their system will affect profits.
Android is a tool used by Google to keep the ship afloat. And this tool is powerful, multifaceted and for everyone.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #49
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable
Originally Posted by adaneam View Post
No offense but you are embarrassing yourself now. I posted those videos because you do not have enough knowledge of iOS as well as of Android to argue about them.

+1 wned:

Jizzed on your screen using GT-I9103 via Tapatalk 2
DrainBamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #50
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Watch yourself.

Just because I took an example of Quick Toggles, which weren't available on the market when the Galaxy Nexus had just released (versions compatible with the Gnex), doesn't mean I don't know anything about the OS.

So don't act like a douche.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #51
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable
Originally Posted by varunpatra View Post
I Recently swtiched from Being a IOS user to Windows Phone, might not be great for hacking unlike the other OSs but feels great. Its something new unlike the block shaped Android and iOS.

I still use my iphone, but the windows phone just feels great

Beech please.
Android can do ANYTHING!
Do not talk about ui, android is customizable to look like any ui without ROOTING!!

Attached Thumbnails
>uploadfromtaptalk1339497944483.jpg  

Last edited by DrainBamaged; 12-06-12 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-06-12   #52
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable
Android to look a tad bit like the iOS

Attached Thumbnails
>uploadfromtaptalk1339498340386.jpg  
Old 12-06-12   #53
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Okay, and here's iOS looking like Windows 8.

Your point being?

I didn't want this to turn into a flamewar, but it already is turning into that due to the Fandroids around.

I suggest the thread be closed. It seems like it isn't possible to have a discussion on Erodov. Thought things had changed, but it's quite obvious, things haven't.

@vijayninel or @krashnburn or @KiD0M4N please lock this thread.

Last edited by Ad1tya; 12-06-12 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-06-12   #54
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable

Your point being?
Customization, I would love to see your iPhone to look like the windows 8, and how much time it actually takes to make it look like the W8

^ Because you quoted this
" I know what's possible in both words, just the ease of getting to those possibilities is what determines "better" in my opinion".

Old 12-06-12   #55
teh nuB!
[E]onian
GGMU

adaneam is Notable

Watch yourself.

Just because I took an example of Quick Toggles, which weren't available on the market when the Galaxy Nexus had just released (versions compatible with the Gnex), doesn't mean I don't know anything about the OS.

So don't act like a douche.
So you want third party application to be compatible with the latest OS from very next day. If you think apple and other third party apps are doing that then you are deluded. You have just copy pasted an article from a blog and you don't even know what you are talking about. And as far as quick toggles are controlled, you can always add a "Power Control" widget which was available since android 2.1 to your homescreen (yes, you can do that on android) and use it. If you are going to give examples, at least give valid examples rather than embarrassing yourself.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Okay, and here's iOS looking like Windows 8.

Your point being?

I didn't want this to turn into a flamewar, but it already is turning into that due to the Fandroids around.

I suggest the thread be closed. It seems like it isn't possible to have a discussion on Erodov. Thought things had changed, but it's quite obvious, things haven't.

@vijayninel or @krashnburn or @KiD0M4N please lock this thread.
Go through your posts again. It's you who is running away from discussion. First you give invalid examples and then when people counter it, you change the topic or run away. Well done.
Old 12-06-12   #56
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

you do not have enough knowledge of iOS as well as of Android to argue about them.
Well you are saying it to the wrong person in a wrong way. Please correct your language(too rude) and try to know the user before commenting on that person.
On [E] , I have seen him among the reputed users helping everyone.

you do not have enough knowledge of iOS
Then read this
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Thats coz he knows what he is saying, almost everything about iProducts.. and yes he is an authority. no doubt.

you do not have enough knowledge of iOS as well as of Android to argue about them.
Having the knowledge means having nothing, unless you can share it.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #57
teh nuB!
[E]onian
GGMU

adaneam is Notable

Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
Well you are saying it to the wrong person in a wrong way. Please correct your language(too rude) and try to know the user before commenting on that person.
On [E] , I have seen him among the reputed users helping everyone.

Then read this

Having the knowledge means having nothing, unless you can share it.
You know what if he really has as much knowledge about android as well as about iOS as you claim, then he would have put constructive argument and opinions. All he has been doing is posting the examples and opinions which he cannot back. His refusal to watch a 10 min video shows he is reluctant to find out the truth that his feelings about android might be wrong. He says he doesn't have time to watch the video, but he has the time to read and copy paste an article from an apple fan's blog!

Anyway this thread better be closed if OP do not even wish to discuss/argue/back his opinions.

Last edited by adaneam; 12-06-12 at 08:54 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-06-12   #58
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
Well, this hold true for everyone. you really need to read the whole thread from the beginning and understand where all the rudeness started in the first place.

The point of the OP was to state that iOS is easier to customize than android, @adaneam and @3 Doors Down give their valid points to prove other wise but one of them was not easy on the words, as older forum members if we set an example of not name calling and stick to the point no matter how heated the conversation gets then we can point our fingers at new members.
adaneam likes this.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #59
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

Two articles I wanted to bring to light. I've been saying this to my friends and everyone else who says that they buy an Android phone, because they want to be able to "Tweak and Customize" it. People called me stupid for saying iOS could be more customizable as compared to Android. Somebody finally wrote an Article on what I was saying for almost a year now.
One Sentence - If I can get an iphone for the cost of either my Defy or Galaxy S then....yeah I will buy it until then

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
mrnikhilsudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12   #60
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mrnikhilsudo View Post
One Sentence - If I can get an iphone for the cost of either my Defy or Galaxy S then....yeah I will buy it until then
3GS is about that price, FYI.
Post New Thread  Reply