Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-09-13   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Bored Fordís Alan Mulally Now the Leading Candidate for Microsoft CEO Seat

Fordís Alan Mulally, who has been included on Microsoftís shortlist for potential successors for Steve Ballmer, is now the leading candidate to take over the position, reports citing people familiar with matter indicate.

AllThingsD writes that Mulally could be the next Microsoft CEO, as he also had a change of heart and now seems prepared to make the switch to Redmond.

Fordís CEO, who recently said that he continues ďto be focused on serving FordĒ is reportedly on top of the list with potential successors for Steve Ballmer, as heís seen as the right person to complete Microsoftís transition to a devices and services company.

While Mulally clearly has what it takes to get Microsoft back on track (it did that with Ford despite the financial crisis that hit the Detroit Three so hard in 2009), it remains to be seen whether he can use his turnaround experience within a tech company.

In addition to Mulally, Microsoft is also holding talks with Stephen Elop, Nokiaís former CEO who joined Redmond after the company purchased the mobile division of the Finnish phone maker. Elop, who worked for Microsoft before joining Nokia, is a top candidate mostly because heís already very familiar with the software giantís new vision.

Fordís CEO, on the other hand, seems to be backed by several Microsoft shareholders, especially thanks to the way he managed to bring Ford back to profit despite the economic recession. Heís expected to do the same with Microsoft, insiders explained.

Mulally seems to be a great speaker as much as heís a top turnaround man. Hereís what he said a few years ago when talking about the way he wants to lead a company:

ďI live for results, so I have tremendous emotional resilience. I donít get sidetracked, I stay on task, and I always know thereís a way. Iím a can-do, find-a-way person, and that can be pretty tough.Ē

If youíre wondering, June 2013 statistics indicate that Ford sold a total of 234,917 cars in just one month, which represents a 13 percent increase over the same period of the previous year. Small car sales, which include models such as Fiesta and Focus, grew by no less than 39 percent.

source
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply