Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-06-14   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Flipkart Goes Offline For Kerala Customers

The Flipkart is out of reach for the Kerala customers at least for the time being as the market place has stopped delivering products in the state. While this may be attributed to the constant efforts by the stake-holders across Kerala and the united stand of various IT associations, who have often accused Flipkart of selling products at under-cut prices.
This might be a alarming situation for the online market place as the other states may follow the suite, now that the precedent has been set by Kerala.

The information was given by the national head of a leading imaging player, who realized this during his visit to Kerala. “Our cameras were sold in good numbers in that state. However, we recently found that any product that is supposed to be delivered to a Kerala pin-code was not be available in Flipkart’s marketplace.”
He also said that this is because the associations in Kerala have submitted a memorandum to the government to protect the interests of the dealers and their employees in Kerala. Not just IT products, but also the life-style products are not available in Flipkart’s marketplace.
During the cross verification with Flipkart under the purview of a customer, the customer-care executive said he is unaware why the products were not available in that particular region. “We have some logistics issue in Kerala for the past 15 days and it is expected to be sorted out in six months,” he said.
Recently the AKITDA (All Kerala information technology association) had submitted a memorandum (click here to read) to the state government, that the online sellers were causing loss to the State Exchequer.

Last edited by The Knight; 02-06-14 at 06:09 PM.
ceebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable
Re: Flipkart Goes Offline For Kerala Customers

Damn...this is very bad..
Old 03-06-14   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
GIVE ME REP POINTS!! Click the

anubhav992 is very Honorableanubhav992 is very Honorable

Wow.....
I knew that only sellers are a pain to local dealers...
But I never expected that this could be possible....

anubhav992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

If the Govt is allowing this then the attitude of the govt against the consumers should be brought to the notice of the online world in India !!
Seriously bad precedent !!

Also note that many Retail distributions have made the IT products companies to not give warranty to the items bought online !!

They say that the warranty will be available through the online seller !!

I meant WTF !!!
anubhav992 likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Pretty bad for kerela. You don't get all products offline. Also, the prices might not be to your own liking. I am smelling something fishy here.

These offline retailers want to rob consumers and create there own monopoly. If they can't survive the competition than they should close there shops or do something else. You cannot blame an online company for your incompetence.

Consumer should be the king and not there retailers.

ceebee likes this.
redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #6
teh nuB!
Your dad's a Nub!

swatkats is Mysterious

This is improper way of doing business. Isn't this similar to the news we read few months back Price War: Retailers write to CCI; accuse e-tailers of predatory pricing - Economic Times

Flipkart should go to court and challenge the Kerala Govt, if it is really stopping them from doing business in any way.
ceebee and anubhav992 like this.
swatkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

PC accessories are very costly in some parts of Kerala, Many of the shops charge MRP.
I remember buying a very basic headphone for 345 (350 MRP) . The same is sold in Chennai at Rs.180/-
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14   #8
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Seem this is the message sellers get from flipkart.

“Dear Sir/Mam, Please refrain from shipping any orders to Kerala, we have got notifications from almost all partner logistics companies that the Kerala State Sales Tax Department has raised serious concerns over e-commerce shipment coming into Kerala without a State entry form.The logistics companies are in constant dialogue with the authorities to resolve the issue, we shall keep you notified on future development.”

E-Commerce portals Stop Shipping items to Kerala, online shopping sites no delivery to kerala, flipkart no service in technopark, ebay no service in technopark, amazon technopark service, shopclues delivery to kerala
Rockfella likes this.
Old 04-06-14   #9
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

This is not a democracy.

Hitler rule in Kerala

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S5
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

This move basically raises serious questions. We do need reforms in tax structure because of the major shift to online shopping. As usual the govt is slow to realize the need and instead of taking speedy action, are making the system come to a standstill.
The best way forward that I see is that like custom duty/octroi, states be allowed to collect sales tax from the customer or a prepaid system like Amazon.com uses for international shipments.
In US, the rule states that the seller has to charge tax if the shipment is being delivered to an address which is in the same state in which the seller has physical presence.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14   #11
teh nuB!
Your dad's a Nub!

swatkats is Mysterious

This is why we need GST: No e-commerce deliveries to Kerala due to sales tax - MediaNama

No E-Commerce in Kerala As Tax Authorities Harden Stance

Couple of reports on this matter.
swatkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

what will happen to "Flipkart exclusives" ??
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
ROG is the only way to go

Rig Gallery

Heavenrider is very RespectfulHeavenrider is very Respectful

wow!! this affects the consumers and the offline sellers,, and the idiots dont realize that informed consumers would never buy somin for a higher cost from an "offline" dealer . so its loss - loss scenario..

what do they think oh!! we shut down flipkart and such services who provide things cheaper and all the people would run to shops with cash ready to buy at higher prices..

FACEPALM!!

Most of the time i like to say i m from kerala, but sometimes like when shit like this happens, i just keep quiet and be ashamed of my state -_-

its like a beautiful state is run by an idiotic blond -_-

Heavenly Rider .... Ride along or Ride against , in the journey called life.. Ride on ... do not stop too long... enjoy and move along.. never stay too long.. for we are bound by time and tide ...that no Rider can hold on.....
Heavenrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Originally Posted by Heavenrider View Post
wow!! this affects the consumers and the offline sellers,, and the idiots dont realize that informed consumers would never buy somin for a higher cost from an "offline" dealer . so its loss - loss scenario..

what do they think oh!! we shut down flipkart and such services who provide things cheaper and all the people would run to shops with cash ready to buy at higher prices..

FACEPALM!!

Most of the time i like to say i m from kerala, but sometimes like when shit like this happens, i just keep quiet and be ashamed of my state -_-

its like a beautiful state is run by an idiotic blond -_-
I disagree on the buying part though.
Even when you are informed about the prices of the product. Still, you do need to get them no matter what. There is no other alternative left.

It's true that people would refrain more. But, ultimately the offline retailers would benefit from this move. These offline retailers are not idiots. And they know it. Only you, the consumer would loose.

redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14   #15
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Let it be then,AMAZON And other E-tailers will be enough for the while.