Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Sports and Fitness
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-03-12   #16
teh pandiT!
[E]onian
The Rep-whore!

Re: Fitness Equipment Group Buy?

@ManISinJpr :
1. Unlike me .. you're one of the Tagged / Invited ones.. so you've been Invited to join
2. I firmly believe in the old adage: "The Proof is in the pudding" So.. **pointing at ManishDa** Skinny fit dude.. I wanna listen to what he says
3. Easy to type.. More or less easy to buy.. NOT EASY.. read HARD.. to actually do (As in use it regularly and achieve desired results)
Hey baby, wanna come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo till I Google all over your Facebook?!
Luciffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #17
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ That is coz you or any other will loose the drive or determination very soon..
that is why is wise to start with a small investment and gauge for yourself the goals that you set are achievable or not..
Fitness is a very very strict thing..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #18
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

a crosstrainer would need between 3ft x 5 ft to 4 ft x 6ft depending on the kind you buy. Why I recommended it was that it combines the cardio workout of a treadmill + Cycle, plus exercising your arms as well. Also its an overall body workout, so you get tired less and hence can go longer on it in terms of resistance setting and duration.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #19
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

such hardworking dudes
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12   #20
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Shall *make* space for the home gym atleast.
The naysayers said the same when I wanted to buy my 50"plasma and now I am like should have bought a 64 incher.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on my MIUI 2.3.23 port

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12   #21
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ScaR is Notable

it is better to buy an olympic bar, weight plates ,a bench and a power rack, almost all major the exercises can be done with that equipment.
all of that including 150kg of weights will cost around 22k
ScaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12   #22
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ power rack is good for intermediates and advanced users. A smith is what would be useful for beginners.

Besides for general fitness, one does not have to go to such extremes. normal rods and weights, dumbells do the trick. Important bit is that the weight should be within the right measurement/tolerances.
Old 31-03-12   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ScaR is Notable

Everyone should use free weights, smith machines force you into fixed unnatural movement and doesnt work stabilizers. It is very well accepted fact that free weights > machines no matter what is your fitness level. Starting with light weight,perfecting technique and then progressive loading gives best strength and mass gains.
10 Reasons Why Squatting In The Smith Machine Sucks | StrongLifts.com
Rockfella likes this.
Old 31-03-12   #24
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Icon2 Re: Fitness Equipment Group Buy?

That's not true
Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
^^ power rack is good for intermediates and advanced users. A smith is what would be useful for beginners.

Besides for general fitness, one does not have to go to such extremes. normal rods and weights, dumbells do the trick. Important bit is that the weight should be within the right measurement/tolerances.
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - 3 TB - TinAudio T2 - M40X - FiiO E10 - Kali Audio LP6/Swans M50 W - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Xonar DX - Fenvi WiFi/BT 5 - VS350 - Carbide 400R
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12   #25
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

This talk about exercise always gets confusing. I stick with running on a treadmill in a gym. Btu of course, that would give a pear shaped figure for me.

I wish I could buy a cross trainer for a lakh.

JD, could you post a link on some good cross trainers.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12   #26
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I already have weights (~50 pounds) and an olympic rod.
I do some light exercises, walk like 2-3km every weekday, occasional crunches and push ups and bicep curls every alternate day.

Guess then what I need is a bench, something for the abs, a medium and a small rod/more dumb bells
But isn't a home gym safer than a bench? Especially since I won't be pushing it and I weigh ~70 kilos.
I don't expect anyone at home to assist me while working out and I am only going to do moderate exercise since I have a full time job too, which on some days requires me to stand for hours.
JD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12   #27
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ important thing would be which home gym. A badly constructed/designed home gym can do more damage to the body, than good.

@SignOps - Ill come back and get you some info. We know a company that operates from chennai and sells gym equipment. Ill get you the details and a reference for best price possible.
SignOps likes this.
Old 01-04-12   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ScaR is Notable

A power rack allows you to do exercises like Bench press,squats without any spotted,safety pins at the side catch the bar. And you dont need a machine for abs! Start a workout routine with major compound exercise,dont need those crunches and bicep curls :\
If your goal is gaining muscle,strength and losing fat, take time reading this. You wont regret it.
StrongLifts 5x5: Ultimate Strength & Muscle Building Program | StrongLifts.com
Free Radical likes this.
Old 04-04-12   #29
teh nuB!

kathleenjames is Mysterious

Can you tell me accurate price and features of this fitness equipment?
kathleenjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12   #30
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed

FR let me save your time & money and suggest you something more effective. I've seen your place, i'm sure there is a park around. Do only calisthenics at home and jog in the park (post workout). Do this for 3 months regular and we'll take it from there
ManISinJpr likes this.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply