Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-04-14   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

First PayPal A/c. Nee Help.

Last edited by Willer; 31-07-18 at 11:39 PM.
Willer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14   #2
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

manojcitc is Notable
Re: First PayPal A/c. Nee Help.

Go with ICICI, one bank which debit card work with paypal

manojcitc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....

dash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputable

You can open a paypal account and use your bank account to verify it. But debit cards do not work with Paypal (except ICICI's maybe)

You cannot send or receive payment to other Indian paypal accounts. (stupid RBI)

You will also need a PAN card to open paypal account.
dash2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-14   #4
teh nuB!

SpaceVoid is Mysterious

I use the Entropay method.

1. Get yourself an entropay account and register your bank's debit card on it as your funding source. A webcam is required to confirm that you have the card in hand and the whole process is automatic. (my debit card is SBI Mastercard and it requires Mastercard Securecode while making transactions)

2. Once you have it set up starter users can generate one Virtual Credit Card which can be funded upto 400$ per year. To remove the cap and increase the funding limits all you need to do is add your address etc (personal details).

3. Open a paypal account. No need of PAN card as of now. While making a purchase when the paypal transaction page pops up, all you need to do is add the VCC generated by the entropay site.

I have recently purchased 2 things from ebay usa using this method. The payment was successful

Entropay will charge some processing fees when funding your account though.
SpaceVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-14   #5
teh nuB!

Willer is Mysterious

Originally Posted by SpaceVoid View Post
I use the Entropay method.

1. Get yourself an entropay account and register your bank's debit card on it as your funding source. A webcam is required to confirm that you have the card in hand and the whole process is automatic. (my debit card is SBI Mastercard and it requires Mastercard Securecode while making transactions)

2. Once you have it set up starter users can generate one Virtual Credit Card which can be funded upto 400$ per year. To remove the cap and increase the funding limits all you need to do is add your address etc (personal details).

3. Open a paypal account. No need of PAN card as of now. While making a purchase when the paypal transaction page pops up, all you need to do is add the VCC generated by the entropay site.

I have recently purchased 2 things from ebay usa using this method. The payment was successful

Entropay will charge some processing fees when funding your account though.
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Are you sure that there is no need of a PAN card on PP ? Are you able to send money to other PayPal users via their e-mail address ?
Old 13-04-14   #6
teh nuB!

SpaceVoid is Mysterious

No I havent tried sending money to other paypal users. Only have used it for purchasing stuff from ebay. I feel sending should work. Its the receiving which requires a PAN card + bank account etc ...
SpaceVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-14   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....

dash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputable

The last time I used PP they used to limit accounts without or with wrong PAN number. And you cannot receive or send anything. Not sure if its changed now.
Old 14-04-14   #8
teh nuB!

Willer is Mysterious

Originally Posted by dash2009 View Post
The last time I used PP they used to limit accounts without or with wrong PAN number. And you cannot receive or send anything. Not sure if its changed now.
When was the last time you used that a/c ?
Old 14-04-14   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....

Originally Posted by Willer View Post
When was the last time you used that a/c ?
6 Months maybe.
Old 25-04-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
[E] Junk Collector!

jrockers is very Honorablejrockers is very Honorable

Originally Posted by Willer View Post
Are you sure that there is no need of a PAN card on PP ? Are you able to send money to other PayPal users via their e-mail address ?
Why is it so difficult for you to take the pan card? It costs somewhere around 400 bucks and you can go to an agent for pan card if you dont want to download and submit the application form yourself. Taking a pan card saves lot of headaches later, especially since Paypal is famous for freezing accounts with silly reasons... Paypal and Indians doesn't go well together
jrockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply