Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 31-08-18   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Icon8 Facing MSI Graphic Card RMA Issue

Hello everyone,
I am facing RMA Issue from MSI and getting any fair solutions so if anyone can suggest any help that would be much appreciated..

I was an proud owner of an MSI product MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti from last 2 years till it stopped working 2 months ago, then I spoke to MSI representative through web ticket on register.msi.com they told me to send the card to service center, and as obvious I did the same thing, after 1 month I recieved call from ACRO Engineering saying they have received info about my credit note and I need to collect it and told me that I will get 22000 Rs. or a GTX 1060 when I submit credit note there...

My main concern here is that the product is still under warranty, and I am getting 30% of the total of what I have paid which is 54000 Rs.Is it fair?

Then I told them that I want to talk to someone from MSI India, they gave me mail id and contact info of Mr. Arjun Pal which is RMA head there I tried to call him but his cell was out of reach and when it is connected he never attends it and also when I sent him mail this is the response I got:

-----

Dear Sir/ Madam:
Thank you for your email. I am out of office Aug 16. The e-mail will not be check and reply.
Sorry for any inconvenience. and will have limited access to email / will not have access to email . I will do my best to respond promptly to your email .
Sorry for inconvenience caused!
Thanks for understanding

Best wishes,
Arjun Pal
-----

Then I called ACRO again and then they connected me to Mr. Arjun Pal directly and he took their call instantaneously then he told me that he can't do anything I need to take GTX 1060 it is newer generation card or 22000 Rs. Check I have no other option...

Then I told them I will think about it and since then I have not recieved any call or email and ACRO is not responding to my calls neither is Arjun Pal.

So is this the service MSI offering in India, when I bought this card it was costlier then other vendor cards still I liked it and had a trust on MSI and bought the card I still have warranty remaining and I am getting GTX 1060 which is no match for GTX 980ti atleast MSI should provide me with a card that is as good as 980Ti...

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated...Its been more than 2 months since I have submitted the card for service and have not got any resolution, I don't know what to do now..pls. help.

I am also attaching some screenshots of the response I got from MSI Web Support and Mr. Arjun Pal...

Last edited by programmr; 02-09-18 at 10:08 PM.
programmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18   #2
teh nuB!

Attila the hun is Mysterious
Re: Facing MSI Graphic Card RMA Issue

Originally Posted by programmr View Post
Hello everyone,
I am facing RMA Issue from MSI and getting any fair solutions so if anyone can suggest any help that would be much appreciated..

I was an proud owner of an MSI product MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti from last 2 years till it stopped working 2 months ago, then I spoke to MSI representative through web ticket on register.msi.com they told me to send the card to service center, and as obvious I did the same thing, after 1 month I recieved call from ACRO Engineering saying they have received info about my credit note and I need to collect it and told me that I will get 22000 Rs. or a GTX 1060 when I submit credit note there...

My main concern here is that the product is still under warranty, and I am getting 30% of the total of what I have paid which is 54000 Rs.Is it fair?

Then I told them that I want to talk to someone from MSI India, they gave me mail id and contact info of Mr. Arjun Pal which is RMA head there I tried to call him but his cell was out of reach and when it is connected he never attends it and also when I sent him mail this is the response I got:

-----

Dear Sir/ Madam:
Thank you for your email. I am out of office Aug 16. The e-mail will not be check and reply.
Sorry for any inconvenience. and will have limited access to email / will not have access to email . I will do my best to respond promptly to your email .
Sorry for inconvenience caused!
Thanks for understanding

Best wishes,
Arjun Pal
-----

Then I called ACRO again and then they connected me to Mr. Arjun Pal directly and he took their call instantaneously then he told me that he can't do anything I need to take GTX 1060 it is newer generation card or 22000 Rs. Check I have no other option...

Then I told them I will think about it and since then I have not recieved any call or email and ACRO is not responding to my calls neither is Arjun Pal.

So is this the service MSI offering in India, when I bought this card it was costlier then other vendor cards still I liked it and had a trust on MSI and bought the card I still have warranty remaining and I am getting GTX 1060 which is no match for GTX 980ti atleast MSI should provide me with a card that is as good as 980Ti...

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated...Its been more than 2 months since I have submitted the card for service and have not got any resolution, I don't know what to do now..pls. help.

I am also attaching some screenshots of the response I got from MSI Web Support and Mr. Arjun Pal...
That offer is downright audacious from MSI. I have had a very bad experience from MSI India myself and from what I went through I don't really think they are very helpful at least here in India. Acro Engg are the ones who provide support and my experience with them was very bad.. It took them 2+ months to get my RX 460 replaced that to after I threatened to file a complaint against them.
I'd suggest you either ask them to replace it with an equivalent performance card in this case I'd say a 1070/1070ti. Try and go talk to someone at the Acro Engg office in your city and tell them to at least replace it with an equivalent card or maybe tell them that you'll go and register a case in the consumer forum against them. That does help at times. I do understand your frustration and I think anyone in your place would be frustrated as well..
Just go to the office and talk to the main guy at Acro in your city and see how things pan out and maybe you should actually file a case in the consumer forum if things don't get sorted out amicably..

programmr likes this.
Attila the hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18   #3
teh nuB!

programmr is Mysterious

Thanks for your suggestion, I thought of the same thing and talked to ACRO engineering people but they are telling me that they can only do anything upto the amount of credit note provided by MSI to them they can't do anything more...And when I asked them to provide contact info of someone from MSI they connected me to Mr. Arjun Pal (RMA Head at MSI) who told me that ACRO can't do anything about the situation, so I told him to do something and then he told me that I will only get the deprecated amount 22000 Rs. or 1060....And after long discussion he agreed on GTX 980ti Refurbished with the amount of warranty remaining on my card which is 4 months....but since then he is not attending my calls and responding to my mails and when I try to talk to ACRO people they are responding very rudely and saying that they cannot do anything in this matter I have to talk to Mr. Arjun Pal so I don't know what to do now pls. help...
Old 01-09-18   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Flyin High n Wide !

mehtaarjun is Notable

I believe you should approach them on social media. These brands are very cautious of how their social media image is. Voicing out your concerns on Twitter / Facebook pages should I believe get some traction on the situation at hand. If I was on you're place I would have never accepted the refurbished card. Just too much of a mental harassment especially from a company like MSI. In the end if nothing works I believe filing a consumer case would be the best bet, In the end its all upto you.
Attila the hun and programmr like this.
mehtaarjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18   #5
teh nuB!

programmr is Mysterious

Yeah you are right I have also considered social media option, today I spoke to Mr. Arjun Pal he told me to call on Monday lets see how it goes then we will take it to next level...
Old 01-09-18   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Flyin High n Wide !

mehtaarjun is Notable

Originally Posted by programmr View Post
Yeah you are right I have also considered social media option, today I spoke to Mr. Arjun Pal he told me to call on Monday lets see how it goes then we will take it to next level...
Make sure you dont give them anymore leverage, Till this point I believe this issue was handled by MSI representative in a very unprofessional manner.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Also if you are going to be filing for consumer case. I would like to advise you to take down the attachments of mails that you have uploaded. afaik you are violating the confidential information clause in those emails you have received. It'd be best to black out the parts that give away company information and then upload if you wish to
programmr likes this.
mehtaarjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18   #7
teh nuB!

programmr is Mysterious

Yes, you are absolutely right I didn't even noticed the confidential parts..Thanks..
mehtaarjun likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply