Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-07-09   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Example of Good After Sales Service - Razer

I have a Razer Death Adder purchased from Prime (Mumbai) last year. Unfortunately it began giving an issue about a month back where a single click was automatically getting treated as a double click. Did everything suggested everywhere but no avail

So then contacted Razer Support and they suggestted a few things which was also did not help. Finally they asked me to provide proof of purchase in the form of a scanned document of the bill.

I provided that and they said that i should contact my local dealer for replacement. I contacted prime and they said that in India they give only 1 year warranty inspite of the 2 years mentioned on their site.

So i basically gave up on the whole thing. A week later got a mail from Razer support asking me if the problem was solved. I told them what the local vendor told me.

Next day got a mail from them stating that they would send me a RMA number and that I will get a replacement.

Yesterday got a mail with the RMA number, I have to send the USB conncetor of the mouse the PID sticker to the Singapore and they will arrange for a replacement mouse.

Now this is what I call customer focus.
RAM
- 3 X 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ; Cabinet - CM ATCS 840
GFX -
EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 ; Monitor - DELL 2209WA
PSU -
Corsair HX620W ; CD Drive - SONY DVD RW DRU-820A
KBD -
SteelSeries 7G ; Mouse - Unknown Optical Mouse / Titan Gaming Mat
SPK -
Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 ; OS - MS Win 7 Utimate x64 SP1
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯°□°)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great
Re: Example of Good After Sales Service - Razer

That's great! I hate it how these distributors have their own warranty policy, when it clearly mentions otherwise by the company.

What's amazing is they contacted you back to get a status update on the problem. The world could so with more companies like these.
PC: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ @ 2.7Ghz - Cooled by OCZ Vendetta 2 - ECS 8200A Motherboard - 4GB DDR2 RAM - XFX Nvidia Gefore 9800GT - 1TB HDD (WD Caviar Blue 640GB + Seagate 500GB) - DVD-RW - Packed in CoolerMaster Elite 335 chassis. Laptop (Dell Studio 15):Intel Core2Duo T8100 - 3GB DDR2 RAM - ATi 4250 HD - 320GB HDD - DVD-RW and the works. Gadgets: iPhone 3GS 32GB - Dell Axim x51v PDA (Up for sale) - Philips VOIP 841 Skype Handset - Logitech Cordless Skype Handset (Up for sale) - Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Camera.

My country! In thy days of glory past
A beauteous halo circled round thy brow and worshipped as a deity thou wast—
Where is thy glory, where the reverence now? Thy eagle pinion is chained down at last,
And grovelling in the lowly dust art thou, Thy minstrel hath no wreath to weave for thee
Save the sad story of thy misery! Well—let me dive into the depths of time
And bring from out the ages, that have rolled, A few small fragments of these wrecks sublime
Which human eye may never more behold
And let the guerdon of my labour be,
My fallen country! One kind wish for thee!
- To my native land by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #3
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Yea. I have lots of experience dealing with Razer support

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

good stuff there! thanks for sharing.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #5
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

yup, Razer always does that, Indian warranty is 1 year whereas Razer is 2 years, after 1 year you have to contact razer directly..

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ɱɑɖɖʏ is Mysterious

That's great man
Thanks for sharing
ɱɑɖɖʏ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #7
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Oh ya...have RMA'd around 3 Lycosa Keyboards..

So i know who great they are
Old 01-07-09   #8
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

heyy... my razer has been acting up as welll. same issue as u mentioned...single click acts as double click.
it happnnd.. two days ago.. i didnt know wht to do.. at frst... den finally banged hard on the left click button... there was some temporary respite.. fr mayb 2 days.. untill it acted up again today..
banged d button once more..so.got it working again..

now heres d catch.,,,
i got my deathadder as a gift frm my bro who purchased it frm the UK bout d same time last year.
i was worried untill now dat any RMA wuld happn from the UK..

is there i do have a chance dat i can also get it RMAd frm like singapore.. ??
and how much wuld it cost..??

,, cheers for helps...

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

Well you will need proof of purchase, I was asked for a scanned copy of the bill. See if you can get that from your bro. If so then i dont see a problem.
Old 01-07-09   #10
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Try contacting them through email ....Since the problem is same....you should also get a replacement

Also any for further assistance you can always contact me

Last edited by ViKiD; 01-07-09 at 09:15 PM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Jinu View Post
Well you will need proof of purchase, I was asked for a scanned copy of the bill. See if you can get that from your bro. If so then i dont see a problem.

thnks.. hav maild my bro bout it.. he bought it online .. i dnt quite remember d website.. mayb he can get it done directly frm d UK only...

btw whts d deal wid d USB connector..??

Originally Posted by ViKiD™ View Post
Try contacting them through email ....Since the problem is same....you should also get a replacement

Also any for further assistance you can always contact me
yea kiddo.. u got my back..

dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #12
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Always
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
btw whts d deal wid d USB connector..??
Since they have not asked for the entire mouse i guess its their way to ensure that the faulty mouse is destroyed and not reused/resold
Old 01-07-09   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
In search for perfect Coffee

Rig Gallery

d@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputabled@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputabled@rK nEmEsIs is highly Reputable

OT

which courier service did u used and how much did it cost,will help other members if they want to rma.

Money is not everything in life, but make sure to make a hell lot of it, before you speak such nonsense!!

d@rK nEmEsIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

I havent done it as yet. Will do it over the weekend. I am planning to use Professional Couriers as they have a place just close my residence. Will update with details once done.
Post New Thread  Reply