Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-03-10   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Ethernet Cable Quality May Affect Speed of the Internet?

Hi friends,

I'm using BSNL Broadband 750 plus. unlimited down/upload, 256 kbps speed. i'm using low quality ethernet cable connectivity to use net access.download speed is vary from 25 to 30 kbps only. my friend said that change the quality ethernet cable.it will increase speed. i dont know it is possible or not.

i want to know if i change ethernet cable, speed will increase or not.

Thanks in Advance.
vinothkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Re: Ethernet Cable Quality May Affect Speed of the Internet?

I don't suppose your Ethernet cable is of such a bad quality that your net speed would be affected coz your total bandwidth is 100mbps to begin with.

Problems arising due to faulty cabling are more of frequent disconnection and maybe packet loss, but only when your cable is damaged and also unlikely for a cable bout 2meters in length.

You can try out with another cable just to be sure and use Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test to perform an accurate speed test.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable
Re: Ethernet Cable Quality May Affect Speed of the Internet?

Erm, you have a 256kbps connection and your download speeds are between 25-30KB/s. The connection is fine.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply