Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
ESET Smart Security 6 Launched in India
by hawk 04-04-13

ESET Smart Security 6 Launched in India
ESET, the leader in proactive protection against digital threats, announced release of 6th version of its consumer products ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security along with exciting "1+1" offer on retail products.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 will provide Indian consumers with even faster and more powerful antivirus solution along with anti-phishing features while ESET Smart Security 6 , an all-in-one Internet security product, will have brand-new Anti-Theft tool that helps locate missing notebooks and makes it possible to monitor activity on lost or stolen devices. ESET now offers free ESET Mobile Security 6monthslicensealong with ESET Smart Security 1 user packs.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 and ESET Smart Security 6 are launched in the market along with "Buy 1 Get 1 Free License" offer on ESET Smart Security 1&3 user retail packs. The offer will be available for purchase from 1st April to 30th June 2013 all over India

Pankaj Jain, Director at ESET India, said "New version of our flagship consumer products is a new step towards total digital security for our existing and potential users. Our new Anti-Theft feature helps locate lost or stolen notebook and even monitor its usage activity, send alert messages and locate your computer from ESET's cloud platform. This aggressive offer will help us to achieve our targets for increasing installation share in India by expanding ESET user database significantly. Not only end-users but even retail channel partners will benefit a lot from this offer."

Apart from Anti-Theft ESET featured its new products with ESET Social Media Scanner which protects users from malicious content on their profile, wall, and newsfeed and in private messages, even when the user is not logged in. If an infection is found, a notification arrives by email, so that immediate action can be taken. The app also helps the user's friends stay a safe distance from malicious content, checking their walls for potentially dangerous links. ESET Social Media Scanner is a free Face book application which can be used by any social media account holders, even non-ESET users.

Upgrade from 5th version to 6th version of ESET products is absolutely free for current users and customers purchased the previous versions. From mid-April 2013 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 and ESET Smart Security 6 packs will be available in retail stores all over India.

ESET offers 10 quick tips to stay safe and keep your data secured in the digital world:
  • Always password-protect your computing devices. Why? If anyone steals your device they will have to defeat your password to get at any of your data or accounts on the device. Note: It is not impossible to defeat password protection on a device, but it adds a layer of protection and may buy you time to locate and recover the device.
  • Always backup your files. Why? Even if you can't recover a stolen device that does not mean you have to lose all your information and software. Regular backups are the ultimate defense against theft of your files. Note: there are plenty of options for backup these days including online backup.
  • Use tracking software to help get your stolen device back. Why? Getting your stolen device back is not impossible, particularly if the device itself can tell you where it is and you can communicate with the device, and even the person who has it. This is where the Anti-Theft feature comes into play.
  • Don't tempt thieves by leaving computers unattended, particularly in public places. Why? Leaving your computer unattended in a car or at the airport or restaurant is like asking for it to be stolen. Note: In a recent ESET commissioned survey we found that 1 in 5 stolen devices in the U.S. were taken from a car, 12% from an airport, train, or bus, and 11% from a restaurant or coffee shop.
  • Encrypt sensitive data. Why? Storing sensitive data in encrypted files prevents anyone exploiting your data if your computer is stolen. Note: File encryption is available free on recent version of both the Microsoft Windows and apple Mac OS X operating systems.
  • Think before you click links. Why? Because not every link you come across in social media is what it seems, some links are scams, particularly wild or salacious news stories. Note: It is often safer to Google the subject of a link or type a website's main URL into a browser instead of clicking the link.
  • Don't post personal details you wouldn't want your mother to see. Why? Despite privacy controls, it is almost impossible to control what happens to things you post on social media, so your mother may see it at some point. Note: You need to review your privacy settings on social media on a regular basis as they may change.
  • Only accept friends you trust enough to invite to dinner. Why? Accepting friend requests from people you don't know and trust puts your reputation at risk. Note: Make sure you understand the "friends of friends" settings on your social networks.
  • Don't spread links or posts without checking. Why? Sharing information and links without verifying them is risky. You may be tricked into spreading inappropriate or even malicious content. Note: Verify news stories on a proper news website before sharing them on social media.
  • Expect anything you put on social media to live on. Why? Even if you delete something, it may have been seen and saved already. Note: Anyone who sees a photograph you share can capture a copy on their device and do whatever they want with it.
  • To celebrate the launch of Version 6 products ESET introduced end-user offer "Buy 1 Get 1FreeLicense" on ESET Smart Security 1 and 3 user packs. The offer will be available for purchase from 1st April to 30th June 2013 all over India.
Views 13478 Comments 28
Total Comments 28

Comments

Old 04-04-13
teh nuB!
..:el jugador:..

vimal is very Notable
Re: ESET Smart Security 6 Launched in India

The Best Anti Virus :-) ESS v6.0.316.0
Old 05-04-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

I am fed up with my norton (both av & is) & the quick heal is the worst i have used (Its name should be quick fill as it fills my hdd with unnecessary files >almost 50gb these file can't be removed ). I find kaspersky better than norton .
Never tried NOD 32 but if its better than norton i'll try it.
Where the 1+1 license on NOD 32 is available(in which online stores)?
Old 05-04-13
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Have been using ESET 6 since the last few days....has a lot of loopholes....doesnt detect some viruses....especially in external drives.....avast(on friend's lappy) detected loads of viruses in my pen drive while eset detected none in my laptop.
Old 06-04-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Its not available on Flipkart right now.. the version there is still 5 and that too at a fantastic price.
If 6 launches at such rates on flipkart, I will buy it ! to upgrade from my version 4
Old 07-04-13
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Limbo :) Just Perfect :D

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
I am fed up with my norton (both av & is) & the quick heal is the worst i have used (Its name should be quick fill as it fills my hdd with unnecessary files >almost 50gb these file can't be removed ). I find kaspersky better than norton .
Never tried NOD 32 but if its better than norton i'll try it.
Where the 1+1 license on NOD 32 is available(in which online stores)?
Bro fed up with norton?Really?I have been using NIS since last 5 years and till now no issues... Bw what problem are you facing?
Old 08-04-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

^Its not detecting some virus(which is detected & removed by KAV/KIS)
Also there is a trojan ADH in my system in every startup & norton just blocks it & doesn't even remove it
prateekS likes this.
Old 08-04-13
teh nuB!
..:el jugador:..

vimal is very Notable

^Its not detecting some virus(which is detected & removed by KAV/KIS) Also there is a trojan ADH in my system in every startup & norton just blocks it & doesn't even remove it
Just give a try of NOD32 trial version and see. Hope it resolve u r issue.
Old 08-04-13
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Limbo :) Just Perfect :D

gaurav3282 is Notable

^Its not detecting some virus(which is detected & removed by KAV/KIS)
Also there is a trojan ADH in my system in every startup & norton just blocks it & doesn't even remove it
Well bro never happened with me till now... It always removed each and every kind of virus which came in its way... rest you can switch to kaspersky too its a good antivirus....
Old 11-04-13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Daytona 675 ftw-_-

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

I am on Kaspersky from last 3 years and I must say its no1 out there.. I have it on my server + personal comp also and I use external disk , flash drives without second thought.
Old 22-04-13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Kaspersky for me ,,using from last 3+ years
Old 23-04-13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Ankit6688 is Mysterious

Using Bitdefender Total Security 2013 since few days, and haven't had any problems till now. Will give ESET Smart Security a try though
Old 23-04-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

where do i buy it?
i dont see the 1+1 offer anywhere.
anybody willing to share a license?
Old 23-04-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes, I also looked for it around and even Flipkart which sells the version 5 at a super price is not selling version 6 ..
I wanted to have it also..
Originally Posted by prajith View Post
where do i buy it?
i dont see the 1+1 offer anywhere.
anybody willing to share a license?
Old 23-04-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

eset india site has version 6 for 1.2K, but no mention of 1+1 offer there.
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Norton Internet Security 2009 or NOD32 Smart Security avi25ge Networking and Security 10 03-09-09 05:40 PM
ESET NOD32 Antivirus @ Rs 333/- * & Smart Security @ Rs 400* Only rahulmig Closed/Completed Deals 8 11-04-09 11:37 AM
ESET NOD32 Smart Security Home Edition 1 Year / 2 Years / 3 Years rahulmig Closed/Completed Deals 4 05-03-09 11:26 PM
Eset Antivrus / Smart Security 1 User Box Pack rahulmig Closed/Completed Deals 0 14-10-08 02:22 PM
ESET Smart Security Public Beta 1a Dark Star Applications 0 11-05-07 02:59 PM

Tags
eset, india, launched, security, smart, version