Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 Review
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 Review
Date: 25-05-13
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: ChironX

Index
Home 
Conclusion

So there we have it folks, the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6. I took quite some time to finish this review, slowly building up from the beginning, comparing it to my daily driver, Kaspersky Antivirus 11.0.2.556. While the Kaspersky trounces this little fella with their superior rate of detection, a wider database, and some more added features, I found NOD32 was catching up to the big players pretty quick. The Social Media Scanner is pretty awesome inclusion and something that other Antivirus manufacturers could quite come up to at this point of time ( My Kaspersky has IM Scanner only for social). Moreover, it's a lightweight product which does not need a hefty system config to run smoothly, a long shot from the earlier days of AV's.

So do I recommend it? YES.

One last screenshot that I pecked from their website - this gives you a fair idea about the NOD32 version 6 and their different editions, and pricing.

Until next time! For more details about them, please visit ESET NOD32 Antivirus Official Site ! Antivirus 100%FREE Download

Rating- 4/5

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to ChironX's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<<  <    (Page 7 of 7)    > >>
By ManISinJpr ♦ 25-05-13
eset

Nice wa y and substance of writing a review mate !! @ChironX although I have checked the new Kaspersky on my Win 8 installation ! I was thouroughly disappointed by it using too many cpu cycles and then I installed Nod 6 on that same machine and the cpu cycles were surely normal, as for usage I am using it for many many years now and have never been disappointed by it.
By ChironX ♦ 25-05-13
Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 Review

^ Thanks Manish da, yes I also found the system usage quite low for an antivirus, which is quite good. I use the Kaspersky, and it is fine with my Windows 7, but yes they have been notorious along with McAfee and Norton about being complete hogs when it comes to the scans etc.
By csunit37 ♦ 25-05-13

Excellent stuff there @ChironX. Using it and I must say I'm quite satisfied. Its very light on the CPU unlike Kaspersky and bitdefender(though i think they are better) and the scanning is very fast. Eset for me is a lightweight champion
By ChironX ♦ 25-05-13

Thanks @csunit37
By vijayninel 25-05-13

Thanks for the nice writeup and screenshots ChironX I dont think everyone needs this but it seems to be a good choice in paid AV software.
By ManISinJpr ♦ 25-05-13

I think everyone needs this as its fast, lightweight and so super at catching and protecting !!
the problem is todays world of torrenting and sharing stuff !! pen drives are the main carriers of contamination that's why.
By vijayninel 25-05-13

Everyone doesnt run torrents or share files with "infectious" people. Caution, safe practices and commonsense are needed even with the best av installed. I find avast free version to be enough for most people.
By kartikoli 26-05-13

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Everyone doesnt run torrents or share files with "infectious" people. Caution, safe practices and commonsense are needed even with the best av installed. I find avast free version to be enough for most people.
Agree with it and a simple auto run turn off can save lot of trouble
I have been using kaspersky for a long time and used avira and avast on my sister PC but out of curiosity gave nod32 a shot but it deleted my games patches and I had to redownload them .... bad at lest it should ask before deleting

Now I am back with kasper

Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search