Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-04-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Erodov Pen Drive Modding Contest - Sponsored by SVG TECH

Dear members,

Pen drives or USB flash drives are a popular, portable and convenient data storage devices for storing data. Flash drives have come a long way from their meager capacities earlier to high capacity and high security devices now. We have a lot of modding enthusiasts here on the Erodov forums so we are pleased to bring to you the the Erodov.com Pen Drive Modding Contest in collaboration with SVG TECH. As far as we know there is no precedent for such a unique contest anywhere in the world.

For entering the contest you must modify a pen drive into something which looks unique and different from normal pen drives and post photos of the modded drive here. The contest is open for multiple entries to all members and we have four big prizes for the winning entries.

The Prizes For The Contest Will Be

1st Grand Prize

SVG TECH HOC 40 Liquid Cooler

More details of the HOC 40 can be had from here HOC 40

2nd Grand Prize

SVG TECH HOC 20 Liquid Cooler

More details of the HOC 20 can be had from here HOC 20

3rd Grand Prize

SVG TECH 120DT Air Cooler

More details of the 120DT can be had from here AOC 120 DT

4th Grand Prize

SVG TECH AOC120ST Air Cooler

More details of the AOC120ST can be had from here AOC 120 ST

The rules are of the contest are as follows:

• The contest is open for to all members from 25th April 2012 to Wednesday, 25th May 15th June 2012. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple mods, but you are allowed to win only one prize in the contest.
  • You can use any pen drive (USB flash drive) of any make or capacity.
  • For entering the contest you must modify a pen drive and post three types of photographs in this thread.
  1. One photo of the unmodified pen drive along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper
  2. One photo of the modified pen drive along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper
  3. One should be able to insert the Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface of a modded drive into a USB port. One photograph of the USB drive plugged into a USB port along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper is also compulsory.
  4. It will also be desirable to show the drive in process of modification and the methods used but this is not compulsory.
  • You can do any cosmetic, electric or electronic modifications. You can use internal or additional power sources. You may add additional LED's, motors, gears etc for the purpose of the modification.
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The modification should be your own work. Any form of cheating is prohibited, and strict action will be taken against erring members.
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.

This Contest is Sponsored By SVG TECH

Old 31-05-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: Erodov Pen Drive Modding Contest - Sponsored by SVG TECH

lego!
Old 31-05-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

BanditPanda is somewhat of a Mystery

C'mon folks, give JD a run for his money (or the new cooler, so to speak)
Old 31-05-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Watching this thread with interest now....
Old 31-05-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

bleh...and i was thinking of trying .....sigh !
csunit37 likes this.
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
Old 31-05-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
Submitting my entries -

Here are two stop motion videos that I made to showcase the mod. Thanks to @harryneopotter for helping me out how to make one, and I finally made some use of the dumb ZTE blade that I have.

This mod was made from a lego set that I had lying around with me for over 20 years now! And BTW, this mod was ready the day we were discussing about having a USB mod contest. I saw this box lying and the discussions were going on and I simply got started.

This is a USB Juggernaut Mod, which allows you to safely stow your usb inside and take it out as well. The usb comes out with a piece of lego to it, and can be used normally.

Makes for a great desktop decoration or conversation piece in office if kept on your desk. I know everyone who's seen it once had wanted to see how it works.

Operating mechanisms are dual, One is a reduction gear operating the arms that open and close the trap door. This comprises of 3 gears in series with a arm-lever operating them.

the second one is a rack and pinion type operation ( sorry is hidden inside cant really take pics ), which is operated by the wheel on the side. The wheel drives a small gear inside which pulls/pushes the USB in or out of the device. The USB is on a smooth lego piece so that it can slide effortlessly.

Please note. Other than a piece of double sided tape to hold the Pen drive in place, this is made entirely and completely from Lego pieces only.

Entry for Pen drive modding contest - YouTube

Lego USB pen drive mod 2 - YouTube

There.. Thats my mod.. the secret is finally out.. Dunno how cool it is.. but it was really really special to me, since I got to play with my Lego set after more than 15-17 years!!! And I am proud of it.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

updated post with correct video embedding.

ncie one!

i had a similar idea, will post it if the contest is open even after my exams are over!
Old 01-06-12
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Rig Gallery

Nice work JD . I am yet to start anything have been hovering over one idea to another. Lack of time is killing it.

Guides n Reviews :
Old 01-06-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

Sneak peek into my next mod:

wingzero likes this.
Old 01-06-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ There comes the great wall of china to crush me... great going reggie!
Old 01-06-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

Here, lemme crush everyone further it's a transformer in making. It will be able to transform into a futuristic recon vehicle and shoot bb bullets. It'll have a pen drive on its arm, so that I qualify in this competition.
BanditPanda likes this.
Old 01-06-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Nice mod @JD666
The coolest MOD in this catagory
Old 02-06-12
teh nuB!
I love my country, not my govt

charleson is somewhat of a Mystery

Even I'll be posting a MOD looking at all this has woken up made my inner modder too.

BTW, is this a modding contest or a DESIGNING contest because except a few all seem to be superficial designs only ! And related to PenDrive very minutely just for the name sake.

I'll definitely incorporate an electronic mod.

@JD666

What does that design-Mod actually do, is it a very complex Pen Drive storing Lego Awesomeness ?
wingzero, aman.pitbull and Naveen like this.
Old 02-06-12
teh priesT!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

He guys I can't upload pics.
It says " Uploading - please wait " but nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong (first time uploading ) ?
Old 03-06-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I am not noob

mujeeb999 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Hitesh12 View Post
He guys I can't upload pics.
It says " Uploading - please wait " but nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong (first time uploading ) ?
Maybe your internet connection is slow. It may take some time.
Old 03-06-12
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

What to do to beat JD's and Maradis's upcoming mod?

Anyway, any electrical engg. here? Need a bit of help with one of my mod.
Old 03-06-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by charleson View Post
Even I'll be posting a MOD looking at all this has woken up made my inner modder too.

BTW, is this a modding contest or a DESIGNING contest because except a few all seem to be superficial designs only ! And related to PenDrive very minutely just for the name sake.

I'll definitely incorporate an electronic mod.

@JD666

What does that design-Mod actually do, is it a very complex Pen Drive storing Lego Awesomeness ?
The mod contest requirements also stated that the usb must be usable. This is a pendrive storage mod, as well as a great conversation piece on anyone's desk, while being functional.

You can simply pull out the usb when its fully extended, and plug it in, and put it back the same way. Or use a usb cable, or for that matter plug the whole contraption directly if your laptop is at the same height.

I wanted something mechanical, imposing, impressive, thats why its what I call the mighty USB juggernaut. That shows off the tiny, but super impressive USB drive that has revolutionized how we store, share, transfer and collect data!

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Just a gentle reminder that 12 days are left for submissions.
Post New Thread  Reply
Please share with friends!