Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-04-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Erodov Pen Drive Modding Contest - Sponsored by SVG TECH

Dear members,

Pen drives or USB flash drives are a popular, portable and convenient data storage devices for storing data. Flash drives have come a long way from their meager capacities earlier to high capacity and high security devices now. We have a lot of modding enthusiasts here on the Erodov forums so we are pleased to bring to you the the Erodov.com Pen Drive Modding Contest in collaboration with SVG TECH. As far as we know there is no precedent for such a unique contest anywhere in the world.

For entering the contest you must modify a pen drive into something which looks unique and different from normal pen drives and post photos of the modded drive here. The contest is open for multiple entries to all members and we have four big prizes for the winning entries.

The Prizes For The Contest Will Be

1st Grand Prize

SVG TECH HOC 40 Liquid Cooler

More details of the HOC 40 can be had from here HOC 40

2nd Grand Prize

SVG TECH HOC 20 Liquid Cooler

More details of the HOC 20 can be had from here HOC 20

3rd Grand Prize

SVG TECH 120DT Air Cooler

More details of the 120DT can be had from here AOC 120 DT

4th Grand Prize

SVG TECH AOC120ST Air Cooler

More details of the AOC120ST can be had from here AOC 120 ST

The rules are of the contest are as follows:

• The contest is open for to all members from 25th April 2012 to Wednesday, 25th May 15th June 2012. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple mods, but you are allowed to win only one prize in the contest.
  • You can use any pen drive (USB flash drive) of any make or capacity.
  • For entering the contest you must modify a pen drive and post three types of photographs in this thread.
  1. One photo of the unmodified pen drive along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper
  2. One photo of the modified pen drive along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper
  3. One should be able to insert the Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface of a modded drive into a USB port. One photograph of the USB drive plugged into a USB port along with your Erodov username and date on a piece of paper is also compulsory.
  4. It will also be desirable to show the drive in process of modification and the methods used but this is not compulsory.
  • You can do any cosmetic, electric or electronic modifications. You can use internal or additional power sources. You may add additional LED's, motors, gears etc for the purpose of the modification.
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The modification should be your own work. Any form of cheating is prohibited, and strict action will be taken against erring members.
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.

This Contest is Sponsored By SVG TECH

Old 16-05-12
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great
Re: Erodov Pen Drive Modding Contest - Sponsored by SVG TECH

Originally Posted by d6bmg1 View Post
Firstly I shouldn't have made any entry in that thread.
yes indeed.. this competition need skills.. which u dont have..
Originally Posted by d6bmg1 View Post
my model isn't unique, cause I made that model by seeing other pics.
there is enough evidence already.. we all know what was your input in that pendrive..
Dude..
Old 16-05-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

^^ by that thread he meant the minor upgraditis thread.
Old 16-05-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
iDota

1Sarath is Notable
Rig Gallery

I wanted to do a car mod too. Now with all the negativity surrounding that I guess I have to look at other ideas

(Actual reason- Can't rip those beloved Hotwheels apart. Just can't )
Old 16-05-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

I know that feel Sarath...it's too painful. Besides those wheels are sacred, they can't be defiled like that.

@d6 you're just asking for it now!
Old 17-05-12
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Okay, so now before we mod anything we need to google? ~.~
Old 17-05-12
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Rig Gallery

Can we please please please extend the final date of submission?!

@vijayninel @KiD0M4N
Dave likes this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Old 17-05-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
Okay, so now before we mod anything we need to google? ~.~
Nope basically we need to not cheat. Thats all.
Old 17-05-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by 1Sarath View Post
I wanted to do a car mod too. Now with all the negativity surrounding that I guess I have to look at other ideas

(Actual reason- Can't rip those beloved Hotwheels apart. Just can't )
You can do a car mod or any other mod. What you cant do is pretend to be modding things when you arent.

You dont even feel like believing the "mod" which Pranay Sarkar did. Even without the other evidence it was clear than nothing was modded at all.
Old 17-05-12
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Rig Gallery

Why the frak am I being ignored?
rajan1311 and Dave like this.
Old 17-05-12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Can we please please please extend the final date of submission?!

@vijayninel @KiD0M4N
We can consider extending the contest if it is absolutely necessary and in interest in substantial number of people. Right now we have no plans to extend the contest.
Old 17-05-12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
iDota

1Sarath is Notable
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
You can do a car mod or any other mod. What you cant do is pretend to be modding things when you arent.

You dont even feel like believing the "mod" which Pranay Sarkar did. Even without the other evidence it was clear than nothing was modded at all.
I got the sense of that. I saw the car mod. I thought it was something he was intending to make as in draw inspiration from. I am a little ambitious in having myself not use any pre fabricated parts.

Either ways I think we have dedicated more than what is required to discussion the one flawed entry.

@Everyone: What materials are you guys using for sculpting etc? I can only think of clay which I don't think is good.

Even I would petition for extending the competition. It would also help SVG space his competition.
Old 17-05-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

Originally Posted by 1Sarath View Post
@Everyone: What materials are you guys using for sculpting etc? I can only think of clay which I don't think is good. Even I would petition for extending the competition. It would also help SVG space his competition.
Well, for my mod I used cardboard and quarter inch thick foam. I did use a little clay to smooth out some imperfections. Cardboard is very flexible, and I'll be using it a lot in my Diablo mod.
Old 18-05-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Regranter Maradis View Post
Well, for my mod I used cardboard and quarter inch thick foam. I did use a little clay to smooth out some imperfections. Cardboard is very flexible, and I'll be using it a lot in my Diablo mod.
what type of clay?

and here is my entry

le victim

now to cut that loop thing off

i cut it off, smoothed it with a file and rubbed it on some cloth for sexy smoothness

neatly cut a tic tac top off. cut the paper actually. but needed to be as good as possible.
then i added some foam tape which i got yesterday to the bottom and side
and stuck my pendrive in

this is what it looks like from the side, pendrive is hardly noticeable. specially since you will have the wrist covering the portion of the box opp to the hole.
Whats best is the hole can still pop out tic tacs as it is unobstructed XD

from this side its visible, but this will be covered by your wrist

and... in action

yes i have sexy fingers, thank you

so anyone ready for some top secret reconnaissance missions

NB:-
since the pen drive is a tight fit into the back of the tic tac cover, i can just grap the tic tac cover and yank the drive of the port as well. the tape is good.

Last edited by dedasdude; 18-05-12 at 09:08 PM.
Old 18-05-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Basic modelling clay, that's been 'wettened' slightly by oil.
Old 18-05-12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

@dedasdude .. You can paint your PD white .. to further camouflage it ..

Very nifty idea.. btw
dedasdude likes this.

"I was there .. till the end"
Post New Thread  Reply
Please share with friends!