Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 15-10-11
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Erodov Overclocking Contest 2011 - Sponsored By Coolermaster and MSI

Overclocking computers is a fascinating science, art and hobby. We have a lot of overclocking enthusiasts here on the Erodov forums so we are pleased to bring to you the the Erodov.com Overclocking Contest 2011 in collaboration with Choiix and MSI.

We will be having five contest categories and a total of twelve prizes. The categories are divided by the types of processors being used. Your processor can be overclocked to only the maximum specified clock speed for each category. The rest of the gains are expected to come from operating system optimisations.

The categories for the contest are as follows:

1. i7/i5/i3 2nd Generation (Eg. 2600K, 2500K, 2400, 2300) - The clock limit on these CPU's should not to exceed 4000MHz or 4GHz. This means 4000.1MHz is over the clock limit and not allowed. Do not allow your CPU clocks to exceed this limit at any point during the running of these benches.

2. i7/i5/i3 (Eg. 980X, 950, 920, 860, 661) - The clock limit on these CPU's should not to exceed 4000MHz or 4GHz. This means 4000.1MHz is over the clock limit and not allowed. Do not allow your CPU clocks to exceed this limit at any point during the running of these benches.

3. Bulldozer/Llano/Phenom II/Athlon II series CPU - The clock limit on these CPU's should not to exceed 3600 MHz or 3.6GHz. This means 3600.1MHz is over the clock limit and not allowed. Do not allow your cpu clocks to exceed this limit at any point during the running of these benches.

4. Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU's - - The clock limit on these CPU's should not to exceed 3600 MHz or 3.6GHz. This means 3600.1MHz is over the clock limit and not allowed. Do not allow your cpu clocks to exceed this limit at any point during the running of these benches.

5. Legacy (e.g. Phenom/Athlon/P4)/ Best Effort - The clock limit on these CPU's should not to exceed 3200 MHz or 3.2GHz. This means 3200.1MHz is over the clock limit and not allowed. Non-categorized winners will be decided on best effort/efficiency basis.

The Prizes For The Contest Will Be

Ten Choiix Power Fort 10Whrs Rechargeable Power Backup Battery Packs
The top two winners in each category will get one Battery pack each. More details of the power pack can be had from here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition the top winner of the i7/i5/i3 2nd Generation category will get

One MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the top winner of the Bulldozer/Phenom II/Athlon II series CPU category will get

One MSI 890FX-GD70 Motherboard

Please note that these mainboards have been used as review samples but are fully functional with warranty.

The rules are of the contest are as follows:

• The contest is open for to all members from 16th October 2011 to Wednesday, 30th November 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • The benchmarks used for the contest will be SuperPi 8 million run using Super PI Mod v1.5 and Hexus Pifast Run. Only results form Super PI Mod v1.5 will be considered and no other version is allowed. You can download it from here. Hexus Pifast can be downloaded from here.
  • You can participate in multiple categories but you are allowed to win only one prize in the contest.
  • You can submit multiple results in the contest. Only your best run will be considered as the contest entry.
  • To submit your results you must post a image screenshots of the SuperPi 8 million run and the Pifast run along with the current CPUZ CPU, Memory, Mainboard tabs and temperatures showing in Real Temp or Core Temp in this thread. The results will be updated in the second post of this thread. The images can be in JPEG, GIF or PNG format. Here are examples of a ideal screenshots :-
oc_comp.jpg oc_comp1.jpg
Example Superpi 8m and Hexus Pifast run screenshots
  • You must post separate screenshots of both Superpi and Pifast runs. Every participants best score from each bench will be combined for a total time. The lowest combined time overall will be the winner.
  • You must use the official contest desktop wallpaper set in "tile" mode for the contest entries. You can download the wallpaper here. Everything must be plainly visible with no vital information blocked for your result to count.
  • You may use any CPU, RAM and Graphic Card combination on a single socket motherboard you would like.
  • ONLY Air or Ambient Cooled Water are to be used anywhere on your setup for the contest benchmarks. Use of cryogenic coolants and dry ice is prohibited.
  • The winners are expected to disclose the tweaks they used to arrive at their scores at the end of competition so all can benefit from their knowledge.
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. Any form of cheating can be easily spotted, and strict action will be taken against the members.
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.

Old 08-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
Re: Erodov Overclocking Contest 2011 - Sponsored By Coolermaster and MSI

Originally Posted by Chiller View Post
is it extended the date then ?
So when is the last date ?? I always thought it was the 16th. Wasnt it?

You can run, but you can't hide!

Old 08-11-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by scorpking View Post
this is my first try in OC......
First of all one of the sexiest avatar I have seen.
Enough OT, dude you missed the official background in spi.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
So when is the last date ?? I always thought it was the 16th. Wasnt it?
@vijayninel it would be best if you could change the ending date of the contest above from 16th to month end(unless it's still open to discussions )

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
The contest is open for to all members from 16th October 2011 to Wednesday, 16th November 2011.
Coff, coff
[Feeling of dejavu here]
syedthedevil likes this.
Intel i7 875k @ 4 ghz | EK HF supreme full nickel | ASUS P7P55 WS | Gskill 2x4gb C9 2250mhz | 4 R9 290's in X-fire | MS wireless MM k/b & mouse | ASUS U3S6 | Creative 7.1 speakers | OCZ 240GB Revodrive II | Danger Den Water Box Plus | DD Aqua Drive II | Asus Xonar D2X | Logitec G930 7.1 headphones | APC 2.1 kw ups | Sony 40HX800 LED 3DTV with Nvidia 3DPlay
Old 08-11-11
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

scorpking is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Man View Post
First of all one of the sexiest avatar I have seen.
Enough OT, dude you missed the official background in spi.
thanks for pointing out my mistake.... i have changed it man..
Old 08-11-11
teh nuB!
teh Pwner of Universe

kikicoco1334 is very Notable

been really buzzy lately thinking about taking my system a part and re bench it again over thanksgiving break
just got a lot of homework right now don't really have the time to do anything else
Old 09-11-11
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Frozen brain by LNē

Chiller is very HonorableChiller is very Honorable

When is now the end date of contest ?
2x Evga GTX580 Classified's 3Gb models
Evga SR-2 1200w psu
Thermaltake Dual bay 650w psu
Coolit Boreas chiller, Freezone elite + Freezone V1
And modding everywhere

http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/8qvoeQVH/Chiller2.png
Old 09-11-11
teh nuB!
teh Pwner of Universe

kikicoco1334 is very Notable

NEVER!

lol
i think it's the 30th
Old 09-11-11
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Chiller View Post
When is now the end date of contest ?
Nov 30th.

Guides n Reviews :
Old 09-11-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable
Rig Gallery

new submission!!! HT off

Motorola defy+ aokp JB | G@_@GLE Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7 16GB @ stock

Old 09-11-11
teh nuB!
Looking forward to win atleast

souvikdas95 is Mysterious

System : i3-2100 3.1 ghz 2nd gen
Memory : 4 gb RAM 1333Mhz
I hoe so graphic card doesnt matter... If it does, then I am gone coz I only have an HD 5670

Superpi8m : 2m 22.072s
Pifast : 24.58

I know i don't stand a change esecially against the i7-2600k owners..... You all rock. use voltage changes using Intel Extreme Overclocking utility and u get da best overclock wid best pi results. Good for u guys. I hope the least but by luck even if i get a prize, I will still feel sorry for not having an i7-2600k. In marked i3-2100 and i7-2600k only have a difference of 10k Rs!!
regards

Old 09-11-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable
Rig Gallery

trying is what matters most.i dont have a high ocing ram.tho i m third i will try and eek out everything possible of my ram and proccy
Old 09-11-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by souvikdas95 View Post
System : i3-2100 3.1 ghz 2nd gen
Memory : 4 gb RAM 1333Mhz
I hoe so graphic card doesnt matter... If it does, then I am gone coz I only have an HD 5670

Superpi8m : 2m 22.072s
Pifast : 24.58

I know i don't stand a change esecially against the i7-2600k owners..... You all rock. use voltage changes using Intel Extreme Overclocking utility and u get da best overclock wid best pi results. Good for u guys. I hope the least but by luck even if i get a prize, I will still feel sorry for not having an i7-2600k. In marked i3-2100 and i7-2600k only have a difference of 10k Rs!!
regards
Dude you rig is capeable of so much more.its just a matter of squezing the most from it.
Get 4ghz first , should not be defficult. We'll take it from there.
syedthedevil and souvikdas95 like this.
Old 09-11-11
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

First crude attempt with stupid memory...

Will go all ballistic with the 2000Mhz Dominators on Friday...
Old 09-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

dude....u have opened 2 CPU tabs but missed the memory tabs on both the screen shots !
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
Old 09-11-11
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

oopshie.

Aite then ill submit my final entry on Friday

Dont wanna underclock again and restart and blah blah...
Old 09-11-11
teh nuB!
That was an Honest mistake!! :

amritabh is Mysterious
Rig Gallery

my best: PiFast----- 28.49s
Superpi--- 03.42.269s

:-)
Attached Thumbnails
>oc-result_05.jpg   >oc-result_05.2.jpg  
Post New Thread  Closed Thread