Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

We promised something special on 11/11/11, so here we are! A uniqu[e] Old is Gold Gadget contest! (thanks to Vijay for the idea!) The rules are simple. The person with the oldest verifiable electronic gadget in possession matched with a awesome write-up describing 'Why you still own and love it?' will get:

1 x AMD Phenom II 1090T CPU + 1 x ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

The contest is open to everyone, Indians and people from foreign countries alike

So to win:
  • Like Erodov's Facebook Fan Page and the Contest Page:

Erodov Facebook Page (Erodov | Facebook)

Contest Page
  • Share this contest page on your Facebook wall: Simply copy paste the following line and post on your wall:

I am competing in the [E] Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! CPU and Motherboard worth ₹ 26,000/- http://www.erodov.com/forums/erodov-old-gold-contest-11-11-11-special-prizes-worth-26-000-a/47101.html

Make sure you tag Erodov in your post! (use @Erodov)
  • Post in this thread (if you have not registered on Erodov yet, you can do so now): A photo of the oldest gadget you own (it is mandatory for you to take a photo of the gadget now with your Erodov username and 11/11/11 written clearly on a piece of paper. Erodov.com must also be clearly mentioned in the photo.)
  • Post along side the photo: Why you still own and love the gadget? The writeup can be as small or as large as you want. This will be the decider/tier breaker for the contest.
  • A video submission (uploaded to YouTube or Facebook) combining the above TWO is even more welcome. Instead of writing about the gadget, speak to your audience (as they might end up deciding who eventually wins.) Of course you need to mention Erodov.com in the video

I would say posting a video would increase your chances of winning by at least a factor of 3x Also, the gadget may be in a non working condition as well (as long as you can justify in your write up/video why you still own and love it )

Winners are governed by the following fine print, of course:
  • The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple entries in the contest.
  • You must follow all the steps outlined above (including liking the contest page and posting about this on your Facebook Wall page.) Inviting your friends to the contest gets your extra brownie points with the judges!
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The final winner may be picked using a open public vote! Democracy! Hallelujah!
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.
  • The CPU and the motherboard have both been bench marked under extreme cooling for a overclocking event. However, both of them are still under warranty and are fully functional. The products will be shipped as is and no returns/refunds will be accepted.
  • Everyone (inside and outside India) is free to participate in this contest. Erodov Staff members (and their relatives) are not eligible to win in this contest.
  • Facebook is not associated with this contest in any way.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-11-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

this thing is mine!
syedthedevil and watruidi like this.
Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
this thing is mine!
We will see Remember, its 'old is gold'
Old 11-11-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

i have hardware that is older than most of the members here

i need to build a rig..so this is all the more important..
Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

Well, like I said in Facebook, best of luck!

Trust me guys, since this will eventually be decided by a public vote (most probably), a video will do wonders to your chances of winning! Remember to mention Erodov in there, or it doesn't count
Old 11-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Quick question - possibly some others may have the same too

Does it have to be a working gadget or is it ok if its dead now?!?

You can run, but you can't hide!

Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post

Well, it doesn't really matter... if you can explain why you still own it As long as you can do justice to the two main questions (why you still own it and love it) anything should be fine.
ManISinJpr and mavihs like this.
Old 11-11-11
teh nuB!

scorpking is Mysterious

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post

yes me too have this question..
Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by scorpking View Post
yes me too have this question..
Answered above. Also added as a note to the OP.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-11-11
teh nuB!

scorpking is Mysterious

it should be a electronic gadget or non electronic?
Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by scorpking View Post
it should be a electronic gadget or non electronic?
Electronic Preferred. Like I said above, play to your audience
Old 11-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great
Rig Gallery

videsh main reh rahe bharityon ke liye kya yeh pratiyogita khuli hai?
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
Old 11-11-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by initpidzero View Post
videsh main reh rahe bharityon ke liye kya yeh pratiyogita khuli hai?
kripya dhyanpurvak padhein.
Old 11-11-11
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

Hai bhai hain. This is open across Earth. No limitations. However, if Erodov needs to ship this outside India, then the winner has to bear the shipping and customs cost (or you can give us an Indian address )
Old 11-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great
Rig Gallery

thanks karan, i wish i had hardware to participate in this competition. all i have is latitude e6400, which is neither new nor old enough. plus i have no time to write anything creative at the moment. but i miss participating in these competitions. may be i will write an article soon(not for prize, but generally)
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Please share with friends!