Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

We promised something special on 11/11/11, so here we are! A uniqu[e] Old is Gold Gadget contest! (thanks to Vijay for the idea!) The rules are simple. The person with the oldest verifiable electronic gadget in possession matched with a awesome write-up describing 'Why you still own and love it?' will get:

1 x AMD Phenom II 1090T CPU + 1 x ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

The contest is open to everyone, Indians and people from foreign countries alike

So to win:
  • Like Erodov's Facebook Fan Page and the Contest Page:

Erodov Facebook Page (Erodov | Facebook)

Contest Page
  • Share this contest page on your Facebook wall: Simply copy paste the following line and post on your wall:

I am competing in the [E] Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! CPU and Motherboard worth ₹ 26,000/- http://www.erodov.com/forums/erodov-old-gold-contest-11-11-11-special-prizes-worth-26-000-a/47101.html

Make sure you tag Erodov in your post! (use @Erodov)
  • Post in this thread (if you have not registered on Erodov yet, you can do so now): A photo of the oldest gadget you own (it is mandatory for you to take a photo of the gadget now with your Erodov username and 11/11/11 written clearly on a piece of paper. Erodov.com must also be clearly mentioned in the photo.)
  • Post along side the photo: Why you still own and love the gadget? The writeup can be as small or as large as you want. This will be the decider/tier breaker for the contest.
  • A video submission (uploaded to YouTube or Facebook) combining the above TWO is even more welcome. Instead of writing about the gadget, speak to your audience (as they might end up deciding who eventually wins.) Of course you need to mention Erodov.com in the video

I would say posting a video would increase your chances of winning by at least a factor of 3x Also, the gadget may be in a non working condition as well (as long as you can justify in your write up/video why you still own and love it )

Winners are governed by the following fine print, of course:
  • The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple entries in the contest.
  • You must follow all the steps outlined above (including liking the contest page and posting about this on your Facebook Wall page.) Inviting your friends to the contest gets your extra brownie points with the judges!
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The final winner may be picked using a open public vote! Democracy! Hallelujah!
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.
  • The CPU and the motherboard have both been bench marked under extreme cooling for a overclocking event. However, both of them are still under warranty and are fully functional. The products will be shipped as is and no returns/refunds will be accepted.
  • Everyone (inside and outside India) is free to participate in this contest. Erodov Staff members (and their relatives) are not eligible to win in this contest.
  • Facebook is not associated with this contest in any way.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery
Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

Can't comment on that
Old 10-12-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
neenuuneenuuuneeeenuuuuuuu

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable
Rig Gallery

what bout previous contest results?
CORE i7 2600k| MSI P67A-GD65|GSKILL RIPJAWS X CL9 8GB| GTX 580 LIGHTNING|CORSAIR HX 850W| Hyper 212x| COOLER MASTER HAF X| SEGATE SATA III 1TB+WD GREEN 1TB| BENQ V2210| RAZER DEATH ADDER| LOGITECH K200
Old 10-12-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

is this over yet? its the 11th and I just got back and have some not sooooo old stuff to post here.... can I do it now

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
Old 11-12-11
teh nuB!

Indirajayan is highly ProminentIndirajayan is highly ProminentIndirajayan is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by mrnikhilsudo View Post
is this over yet? its the 11th and I just got back and have some not sooooo old stuff to post here.... can I do it now
The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011.

This means you can post today-11/12/2011 upto 11.59PM.Thanks!

Last edited by Indirajayan; 11-12-11 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-12-11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

malcolmcg is very Honorablemalcolmcg is very Honorable

Posting images of my
1)Philips gramaphone record player & a few records
My mom bought this record player somewhere after 1980. Since then it has been with us & still is. Only problem is it isnt working now . It has a few mechanical, electrical problems & a new needle is needed after it is fixed. But technicians dont seem eager to fix old stuff like this anymore.
This has been my only sound system till about 1996. Been using it even after that, but only used its amp & hooked it to a discman till the electronics got bad. It had 2 good speakers, which arent with me anymore. I even used those speakers in my Maruti800 . They consumed my entire boot space but did sound good.

2)Portable Typewriter (Olympia Monica)
This olden day computer is also my moms. She also has another nut it is not at my place. She can still type on it at a really good pace. It can use two colour ribbon. I think the last type writer producing company was based in India & closed down not long ago.
Btw this typewriter is very much working, only thing it needs is some oiling & ribbon from time to time

3)Camera (Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK) 1963-65
Dont have much knowledge on this camera. It has a Carl Zeis Tessar 2.8/50 Lens though & a detachable flash too. Its German & its got Contessa inscribed on top of it.

Last edited by malcolmcg; 11-12-11 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-12-11
teh nuB!
Looking forward to win atleast

souvikdas95 is Mysterious

Info:
This watch of mine at present or my father's when he had just stepped on towards engineering, is a memoir of so many things that has taken place over such a long period of time. Well, that's something my father is more proud to have and I feel proud to use it now even after so many years gone past. I have used it for the past 2 years. It had become quite obsolete to my senses, the importance that it holds. My examinations, my tuitions, from my breakfast to my dinner and all the way in and out the home, I have worn it. Never a day it needed a change in batter. Why? That's the unique part. It runs on hand pulse or heat as to whatever u may say but what I feel is that it runs on the love that I bear in my heart for it. The thing that even if it's become obsolete in the mind but by heart, it's with me. For the years to come, I wana preserve it and I feel glad to share my opinion with you all. In my life, It's the first thing that worked not on electricity, even much before i got to know of solar energy, this was the product that welcomed me to the world where simple logic and a bit of magic did a lot of reasoning to myself to discover the inner-self of mine.
Thank you guys
Regards
Souvik (souvikdas95)
Erodov.com

Video (download file and watch)
MOV00041.3gp

mrcool63 and aseemoandita like this.

Last edited by souvikdas95; 12-12-11 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-12-11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

@ View Profile: souvikdas95

u made it (www.Erofov.com) in your first pic
Old 12-12-11
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

@KnB, can i still post?
I ordered some 'old' stuffs from home just for this contest and some idiots held it with them in the post office and it arrived only last evening, and last evening i went to church and by the time i came home, all the cybercafes in my area have been closed! Not permitted to 'touch' (yes, TOUCH!) laptop at home hence i couldnt participate.
Please let me know!!
I'm eagerly waiting to submit my entry.
Old 12-12-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Nice entries. Can I still submit? Received some old cameras today morning.
JD666 likes this.
Old 12-12-11
teh nuB!

Originally Posted by malcolmcg View Post
@ View Profile: souvikdas95

u made it (www.Erofov.com) in your first pic
I did not get you... Did u mean to laugh at my watch?

Last edited by souvikdas95; 12-12-11 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-12-11
teh nuB!
The Handler

Kakarott is Notable

Originally Posted by souvikdas95 View Post
I did not get you... Did u mean to laugh at my watch?
That guy is mentioning about a typing error, you've about "erodov". That's it. No ones laughing on anything.
souvikdas95 and malcolmcg like this.
Old 12-12-11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Icon14 Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

rite
souvikdas95 likes this.
Old 13-12-11
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Huh? Still no reply from KnB?
Ooh! Too late now i guess :/
I just borrowed a friend's laptop.
Old 13-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Where is AMD?

mrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirable

@souvikdas95 dude is that a HMT watch?? those will last generally 100 years.. my grandmom still has a watch from 1916.. awesome company dude.. they dont make watches like that anymore.. nowadays all the plastic crap..

Great to see so many entries.. keep it coming guys
souvikdas95 likes this.
Old 14-12-11
teh nuB!

Originally Posted by mrcool63 View Post
@souvikdas95 dude is that a HMT watch?? those will last generally 100 years.. my grandmom still has a watch from 1916.. awesome company dude.. they dont make watches like that anymore.. nowadays all the plastic crap..

Great to see so many entries.. keep it coming guys
It says ' SEIKO '.
watch this :
source: wikipedia - The first watches produced under the Seiko brand appeared in 1924
source: www.hmti.com - HMT started manufacturing Wrist Watches since 1962

Are you sure the ones that your grandmother has, is HMT or is it SEIKO or any other? or maybe the website is wrong...

complete links -
www.hmti.com/html/Watches/dsp_watcheshome.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiko
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Please share with friends!