Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

We promised something special on 11/11/11, so here we are! A uniqu[e] Old is Gold Gadget contest! (thanks to Vijay for the idea!) The rules are simple. The person with the oldest verifiable electronic gadget in possession matched with a awesome write-up describing 'Why you still own and love it?' will get:

1 x AMD Phenom II 1090T CPU + 1 x ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

The contest is open to everyone, Indians and people from foreign countries alike

So to win:
  • Like Erodov's Facebook Fan Page and the Contest Page:

Erodov Facebook Page (Erodov | Facebook)

Contest Page
  • Share this contest page on your Facebook wall: Simply copy paste the following line and post on your wall:

I am competing in the [E] Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! CPU and Motherboard worth ₹ 26,000/- http://www.erodov.com/forums/erodov-old-gold-contest-11-11-11-special-prizes-worth-26-000-a/47101.html

Make sure you tag Erodov in your post! (use @Erodov)
  • Post in this thread (if you have not registered on Erodov yet, you can do so now): A photo of the oldest gadget you own (it is mandatory for you to take a photo of the gadget now with your Erodov username and 11/11/11 written clearly on a piece of paper. Erodov.com must also be clearly mentioned in the photo.)
  • Post along side the photo: Why you still own and love the gadget? The writeup can be as small or as large as you want. This will be the decider/tier breaker for the contest.
  • A video submission (uploaded to YouTube or Facebook) combining the above TWO is even more welcome. Instead of writing about the gadget, speak to your audience (as they might end up deciding who eventually wins.) Of course you need to mention Erodov.com in the video

I would say posting a video would increase your chances of winning by at least a factor of 3x Also, the gadget may be in a non working condition as well (as long as you can justify in your write up/video why you still own and love it )

Winners are governed by the following fine print, of course:
  • The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple entries in the contest.
  • You must follow all the steps outlined above (including liking the contest page and posting about this on your Facebook Wall page.) Inviting your friends to the contest gets your extra brownie points with the judges!
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The final winner may be picked using a open public vote! Democracy! Hallelujah!
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.
  • The CPU and the motherboard have both been bench marked under extreme cooling for a overclocking event. However, both of them are still under warranty and are fully functional. The products will be shipped as is and no returns/refunds will be accepted.
  • Everyone (inside and outside India) is free to participate in this contest. Erodov Staff members (and their relatives) are not eligible to win in this contest.
  • Facebook is not associated with this contest in any way.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable
Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

Entry 4: Philips Radio - 1970

This was my parents first Electronic item purchased after their marriage in 1970, so obviously it holds a lot of emotional significance for them. Still brings back sweet memories for them,when they were newly married and bought this Radio to listen to Romantic Golden Oldies of that era.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010151-1970-after-marriage-parents-first-purchase.jpg  
d6bmg likes this.
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Entry 5: LP Record Player - 1964

Well, my mother purchased this LP player in 1964 before her marriage. She had quite some collection of LP Records for movies released 1964 onwards and loved listening to music. (Play any old song and my mother will straight away tell you the movie, actors in the movie and the singers of that song). Knowing her love for music listening, my maternal grandfather gifted the record player and the LPs to her on marriage. My mother still loves it as it brings back memories of her old home and her days before marriage.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010155-1964.jpg   >p1010156.jpg   >p1010154.jpg  
d6bmg and dODo like this.
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

Entry 6: Weston 2 in 1 - Radio & Cassette Player/Recorder - 1979

This was purchased by my parents on my birth in 1979. My parents always told me this with such great excitement that this not only is special for them but somewhat makes it special for me too. I still remember listening to songs on this in my childhood.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010150-1979-my-birth-purchase.jpg  
thebanik and d6bmg like this.
Old 07-12-11
Banned
--

d6bmg is very Respectfuld6bmg is very Respectful

@SoundsGreat: great share!
@mohitgamer: bunch of goodies.. loving their pics.
Old 07-12-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great
Rig Gallery

Mohit, respect for the LP!
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
Old 08-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

I was going to make an entry with a 1946 Kodak brownie six-20 , on the last day of the contest. A working camera and all that. But since I wouldn't want some worthless people nosing into a very sentimental post, I have decided not to participate. As is, I am quite sure I won't figure in the contenders.

Good Luck gentlemen.
Old 09-12-11
teh nuB!
[E]onian
things work better when i kick

dODo is Notable

i have an 18th century telephone which i got from my grandad..
will post the pics by evening....
Old 09-12-11
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed
Rig Gallery

Posting few on behalf of member @Indirajayan

Big Ben Westclock. It's working
Period: 1950-1956

Still working. Speakers doesn't have age. Does it?

Ahh this one is way too old.
PHILIPS EL1979/50 1965 - 1967.

Cheers,
Marun
JD666 and souvikdas95 like this.
Old 10-12-11
teh nuB!
[E]onian
things work better when i kick

dODo is Notable

hi guys !
this is an antique telephone that has been running in my family for quite some time . i got it from my granpa. its amazing that it still works. its made in england by GEC. it was made in 1911-1936 and is almost a century old!
i used to visit my grandparents and used to spend hours playin with this..
dialing random numbers. picking up the receiver and acting as if im giving orders as if im a british commander. i have a heap of fun memories when it comes to this telephone.
hence on my 16th birthday my granpa gave it to me and has been my prized possession since then!!
here is the video link

Attached Thumbnails
>img00162-20111210-1017.jpg   >img00165-20111210-1023.jpg  
JD666 and souvikdas95 like this.

Last edited by dODo; 11-12-11 at 12:05 PM. Reason: forgot to paste the vid link
Old 10-12-11
teh nuB!
Clickety Clat

Screech is Mysterious
Rig Gallery

Hello Everyone. here is My entry for the Contest.
My Gadget is a Late 1950's Manual Rangefinder from AGFA. Super Stilette.
it has Color Apotar 1:2.8 / 45mm lens.
it was bought by my grand dad in the USA & has been in use ever since then till 2006 when the lens got shifted inside.
it has taken Family snaps for over 40 years & hence a very close possession.
here is the link for the video

also attached is an image of the same camera.
Attached Thumbnails
>7.jpg  
R4850- 700/1200 on TRad2 GTX
NZXT Phantom Full Tower White
Asus PA238Q Full HD IPS, Viewsonic VG1930wm
Logitech G510
Logitech MX518
Logitech Z906

Nikon D7100 + Nikon 17-55 2.8 + 18-105mm + 50mm + Nikon SB900 + Elinchrom DLite RX4 Strobes + Benro BN0+ Some Filters & Weird Stuff
Old 10-12-11
teh nuB!
The Handler

Kakarott is Notable

Hello people, here is my entry for the [E] Old is Gold contest.
Our family's prized possession is 1913 His Master's Voice Record Player. It is a record player in wooden casing. It was also known as a talking machine. It is a genuine import from England by my great grandfather in the year 1921. My great grandfather had purchased it for mere Rs.25 back then. It holds a lot of attachment. The record player has been a symbol of our music love ever since it was purchased and that is why we still love it a lot! This is our third generation possessing the antique piece. The good thing is that it is still in a very good condition. We have three record players in total at our house and this one is the oldest. The other two feature auto disc changer and a multiband radio.
Attached Thumbnails
>dscn0511.jpg   >dscn0512.jpg   >dscn0513.jpg   >dscn0517.jpg   >dscn0519.jpg  

DriftKingNT, JD666, dODo and 2 others like this.
Old 10-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
I was going to make an entry with a 1946 Kodak brownie six-20 , on the last day of the contest. A working camera and all that. But since I wouldn't want some worthless people nosing into a very sentimental post, I have decided not to participate. As is, I am quite sure I won't figure in the contenders.

Good Luck gentlemen.
Dude, some sentiments are bound to be attached with stuff thats been lying around for that long in the house.. It becomes like a fixed part of the background, and then seems insignificant, but if you think about it, it surely means something, thats the reason why its there in the first place.

I think its absolutely fine for one to share the attachment/connection that one would have with old gadgets lying in their house...
Old 10-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

you missed the point, kind sir.

but thanks for the support. appreciate it!
JD666 likes this.
Old 10-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

+1 to what JD said. I saw the pics elsewhere, I would say , go ahead and share!
JD666 likes this.
Old 10-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

an only do that if i can be sure that mr. vijay gopal won't play with my post.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Please share with friends!