Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

We promised something special on 11/11/11, so here we are! A uniqu[e] Old is Gold Gadget contest! (thanks to Vijay for the idea!) The rules are simple. The person with the oldest verifiable electronic gadget in possession matched with a awesome write-up describing 'Why you still own and love it?' will get:

1 x AMD Phenom II 1090T CPU + 1 x ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

The contest is open to everyone, Indians and people from foreign countries alike

So to win:
  • Like Erodov's Facebook Fan Page and the Contest Page:

Erodov Facebook Page (Erodov | Facebook)

Contest Page
  • Share this contest page on your Facebook wall: Simply copy paste the following line and post on your wall:

I am competing in the [E] Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! CPU and Motherboard worth ₹ 26,000/- http://www.erodov.com/forums/erodov-old-gold-contest-11-11-11-special-prizes-worth-26-000-a/47101.html

Make sure you tag Erodov in your post! (use @Erodov)
  • Post in this thread (if you have not registered on Erodov yet, you can do so now): A photo of the oldest gadget you own (it is mandatory for you to take a photo of the gadget now with your Erodov username and 11/11/11 written clearly on a piece of paper. Erodov.com must also be clearly mentioned in the photo.)
  • Post along side the photo: Why you still own and love the gadget? The writeup can be as small or as large as you want. This will be the decider/tier breaker for the contest.
  • A video submission (uploaded to YouTube or Facebook) combining the above TWO is even more welcome. Instead of writing about the gadget, speak to your audience (as they might end up deciding who eventually wins.) Of course you need to mention Erodov.com in the video

I would say posting a video would increase your chances of winning by at least a factor of 3x Also, the gadget may be in a non working condition as well (as long as you can justify in your write up/video why you still own and love it )

Winners are governed by the following fine print, of course:
  • The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple entries in the contest.
  • You must follow all the steps outlined above (including liking the contest page and posting about this on your Facebook Wall page.) Inviting your friends to the contest gets your extra brownie points with the judges!
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The final winner may be picked using a open public vote! Democracy! Hallelujah!
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.
  • The CPU and the motherboard have both been bench marked under extreme cooling for a overclocking event. However, both of them are still under warranty and are fully functional. The products will be shipped as is and no returns/refunds will be accepted.
  • Everyone (inside and outside India) is free to participate in this contest. Erodov Staff members (and their relatives) are not eligible to win in this contest.
  • Facebook is not associated with this contest in any way.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 06:39 PM.
Old 23-11-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

naw, not the right time yet . i am still planning out the execution
JD666 likes this.
Old 23-11-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
naw, not the right time yet . i am still planning out the execution
you are creating too much suspense mate, this better be good.
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
Old 25-11-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

My stuff, all over here are from maybe 1981 or 82 ...maybe even before.... will confirm from my Dad. Have some more older stuff will post it later.

JD666 and d6bmg like this.

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
Old 25-11-11
teh nuB!

begooddogood is Mysterious

okkkkkkkkkkk
Old 25-11-11
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed
Rig Gallery

Hmm... here is one from my side.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/gave-bi...-tv/41666.html and yeah running rock solid.

Having a 1980 philips amp and box speakers. Will post the pics later.
JD666 and d6bmg like this.
Old 26-11-11
teh nuB!

darkknight142 is Mysterious

a llitl busy with my final yr exams now...... will look at it in future........................
Old 28-11-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by Marun View Post
Hmm... here is one from my side.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/gave-bi...-tv/41666.html and yeah running rock solid.

Having a 1980 philips amp and box speakers. Will post the pics later.

Sweet We used to have an old Philips Colour TV. It was purchased when colour tech had just come out. My dad had it imported from holland .... that baby worked for donkey's years ..... just got it exchanged last year ... if I had known about this contest would have most prolly kept it

Its really great and surprising how these "old gold" tv sets have worked reliably for soooooo long... the new ones just conk off in about 4-5 years.
Old 02-12-11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Well folks its time to throw my hat in the ring !!

I present to you the true Vintage (it hardly can get any better then this) !!

Below are the pics of the Original 386/486 Pc that was made in the 80's,its made around 84/85, Its specs are astounding as shown below :

CPU : 386

Ram : 8Mb

HDD : 800Mb

FDD : 5.25”

Now why is this so special you ask ? Well for starters,The PC's for home started rolling in the year 1982 or so and this one is 84/85 so its just couple of years older then the oldest PC known to mankind !! So its like a true dinosaur to the PC world !
Secondly the specs of this PC was so advanced to that date it almost cost an middle class man's entire lifetime savings !!!
For the day and age the specs were to rave bout and the fact that this particular PC was used in an LAB to teach people makes it even more enviable (will come to that story in a bit) !

In retrospect today's PC's the specs are mere joke but back then people would kill for these,The 8Mb Ram was a luxury not many could afford,infact even when I assembled the PC in the year 2000 the Ram used was 64Mb and HDD was 4.2Gb !! So if you compare that to the 15 or so years older system you'll how big the spec was !!

Now coming to the part of how I came about this PC, There was a Polytechnic near my place and they used this PC to teach students bout Computers,I had a friend who worked for this Polytechnic and often times I with his help sneak into this Lab and play DAVE (THE Most Famous of that time) on it ! Seeing a computer in action itself was a big deal and to actually play or operate one was,Well I cannot say how it felt, “I was the King of the World” !

Then came a sad day when I heard the news of this Polytechnic being shifted to a bigger campus which was very far (around 92 or so),So I checked with my friend who worked there about the details and he sadly confirmed the same but also made my day by saying that they were planning to discard the machine and go for a new one,And he also told me that if I wanted I could have the old one,Ohh boy I couldn't not believe what I heard and jumped in joy !

I finally was a proud owner of the Comp which I used to play,I experimented with it by installing many things including Lotus,Wordstar and what not,Heck I'd even went to the extent of installing Windows 3.1 !!

It was the only PC I had till 2005 when I actually bought a AMD 64Bit PC,but offcourse it was not used since late 90's, My parents to my friends had asked me to sell it or throw it many a times but I never did so for simple reason that it was not a simple piece of machinery but a piece of history which I wanted to preserve and show it todays gen people the “Evolution of PC's” so to speak.

I can go on and on but let me end it by saying, Thanks to Erodov for providing me with the opportunity to what I always wanted,show young generation (Am not a grandpa by the way,Still single and in my.......) the how it all began !!

Still some stuff to come so........

Regards
thebanik, JD666, wingzero and 6 others like this.
Old 02-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

^^ nice... i like!!!
Old 03-12-11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

avichandana20000 is Notable

Hi ,
today I am going to present the electronic gadget that I have still in my possession as the oldest in the following video.

THE VIDEO

Now I got this as a gift from my uncle when I was just seven months in the year 1972 in my first rice eating ceremony.
This gadget has ended its journey in and around 2003 after catering me and my family for long 30 years. It may be on its feet again if I care to repair it but the only reason I am still holding this in my custody is my nostalgia mingled with my passion.
All my and my brother’s childhood voices as a quiz session are recorded by my father through this gadget. We listen to those till days with great humor. Moreover the voices of my grandparents specially my grandpa of whom I do not remember anything are recorded through this gadget. The cassettes are still playable and I hear them with great respect. They have left the world many years ago but they are very much alive to me. Many of my other family members are still with us through their voices and it is possible just for this cassette player. At times it also helped me in my exams. The tough parts of my study I used to record in it and listen to them again and again.
The time when there was no such media culmination, no such communication hike this gadget was the only means of home entertainment to me and my family. So this is not just an electronic gadget to me but a same age friend of mine who has ended his life giving me my mind’s pleasure, soul’s ecstasy and life’s peace.
I hear songs and music now through 5.1 channel but the bliss of listening them for the first time in my life through this cassette player is unforgettable. I will not let it go anywhere and that’s a promise from my end to a currently dumb but once a chirping electronic friend.

Once again thanks to ERODOV for providing the platform to show my oldest electronic friend till date.
d6bmg likes this.

Last edited by avichandana20000; 03-12-11 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

^^ erm.. cant see any pics..
Old 03-12-11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

avichandana20000 is Notable

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
^^ erm.. cant see any pics..
SORRY accidentally gets deleted and my system running damn slow.

posted the video.

Last edited by avichandana20000; 03-12-11 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Entry 1: Agfa Click III 120mm Reel Camera - 1968

Well, this was the first camera bought by my father back in 1968. He snapped pictures with this camera and used one of his photographer friend's Dark Room to develop the photographs himself. We still have those black and white photographs some of which have very interesting stories. Till date, my father is overjoyed seeing this camera which brings back the memories of his good old days.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010122-1968-working-120mm-reel.jpg  
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Entry 2: West & Watch Co. Wrist Watch - Before 1948

This wrist watch was purchased by my grandfather before 1948. He wore it and gifted it on to my father in 1962 when my father was leaving home to go to College. This might well be the crowned jewel of my father's Old Treasures and this reminds him of my grandfather. In my father's words - this Watch touched the wrist of my grandfather for many years and now when my grandfather is no longer with us, holding this watch makes my father feel as if he is still with us.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010126-grandfathers-purchase-passed-father-going-college-1962.jpg  
d6bmg likes this.
Old 07-12-11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

Entry 3: hmt Pilot Wrist Watch - 1969

This was the first wrist watch purchased by my father for himself in 1969. He used to wear my grandfather's wrist watch before he bought this. He tells us that he once saw it in a shop and loved it so much that decided to buy it. Even today he has such a liking for this that he prefers to wear it over any other new one.
Attached Thumbnails
>p1010127-1969-fathers-first-purchased-watch-hmt-pilot.jpg  
d6bmg likes this.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Please share with friends!