Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Competitions
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
idea Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

We promised something special on 11/11/11, so here we are! A uniqu[e] Old is Gold Gadget contest! (thanks to Vijay for the idea!) The rules are simple. The person with the oldest verifiable electronic gadget in possession matched with a awesome write-up describing 'Why you still own and love it?' will get:

1 x AMD Phenom II 1090T CPU + 1 x ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard

The contest is open to everyone, Indians and people from foreign countries alike

So to win:
  • Like Erodov's Facebook Fan Page and the Contest Page:

Erodov Facebook Page (Erodov | Facebook)

Contest Page
  • Share this contest page on your Facebook wall: Simply copy paste the following line and post on your wall:

I am competing in the [E] Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! CPU and Motherboard worth ₹ 26,000/- http://www.erodov.com/forums/erodov-old-gold-contest-11-11-11-special-prizes-worth-26-000-a/47101.html

Make sure you tag Erodov in your post! (use @Erodov)
  • Post in this thread (if you have not registered on Erodov yet, you can do so now): A photo of the oldest gadget you own (it is mandatory for you to take a photo of the gadget now with your Erodov username and 11/11/11 written clearly on a piece of paper. Erodov.com must also be clearly mentioned in the photo.)
  • Post along side the photo: Why you still own and love the gadget? The writeup can be as small or as large as you want. This will be the decider/tier breaker for the contest.
  • A video submission (uploaded to YouTube or Facebook) combining the above TWO is even more welcome. Instead of writing about the gadget, speak to your audience (as they might end up deciding who eventually wins.) Of course you need to mention Erodov.com in the video

I would say posting a video would increase your chances of winning by at least a factor of 3x Also, the gadget may be in a non working condition as well (as long as you can justify in your write up/video why you still own and love it )

Winners are governed by the following fine print, of course:
  • The contest is open for to all members from 11th Nov 2011 to 11th Dec 2011. If you are not already an registered member, you must first register as a member on Erodov.com. Registration is free and can be done here.
  • You can submit multiple entries in the contest.
  • You must follow all the steps outlined above (including liking the contest page and posting about this on your Facebook Wall page.) Inviting your friends to the contest gets your extra brownie points with the judges!
  • Decisions of the contest judges are final. The final winner may be picked using a open public vote! Democracy! Hallelujah!
  • The prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
  • The prizes will be shipped to people residing in India only. Winners from other countries will have to bear any additional shipping and tax costs.
  • The CPU and the motherboard have both been bench marked under extreme cooling for a overclocking event. However, both of them are still under warranty and are fully functional. The products will be shipped as is and no returns/refunds will be accepted.
  • Everyone (inside and outside India) is free to participate in this contest. Erodov Staff members (and their relatives) are not eligible to win in this contest.
  • Facebook is not associated with this contest in any way.

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 11-11-11 at 05:39 PM.
Old 29-12-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery
Re: Erodov Old is Gold Contest 11/11/11 Special! Prizes worth ₹ 26,000/-

no body has gone back on anything.. And just so that my position does not get dragged into it, i said posting as a member, coz thats what my opinion would have been still.

Results take time.. So will for this.. Thats all.. Just whining on and on wont speed things up.. Just have patience guys..
malcolmcg likes this.

Last edited by JD666; 29-12-11 at 01:20 PM.
Old 29-12-11
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Please be cool mate, no need to be angry..
nobody said anything to you, it was a general statement, so many entries have to be checked, thought about and we are all contributors only and all of us do this as a love and passion.. so you are not complaining to the staff but to fellow members like you..
there are no instances that any contest on Erodov has been left without prizes being declared etc..
I am not saying that your post count makes a difference... so please be patient.. as for asking a member to quit whining is looking bad to you, did he ask in a polite way.. why did that not irk you as you have been a member for longer than he has been?
when he threatened to leave the forum saying bye bye.. why did you not feel insulted..
coz you think that you are not a part of the staff.. and a mod etc.. that is why.. so that is why @JD666 said, that guys come on and be a part of the family and be patient..
look at things from all perspectives mate.. and be cool.. and how can you say that we have gone back on our promises...??? please illustrate.
Originally Posted by hell View Post
you ask us to post about this contest on facebook as part of the contest rules to give more exposure to the contest as well as erodov.com.
when a new member asks why the results are not announced on time as promised you ask him to quit whining.
i guess this is the impression you guys want to give to any new member that joins ; mods are rude go back on their promises

i have been a member of this forum for the past one year and even though i don't comment on many topics as i am not as well versed in the technical details, i do take the time out to read as many posts as possible during the limited free time i get.

i may have only 66 posts to my name but i try to only write when i have something valuable to share

i posted when someone discussed a medical condition as it is my area of expertise

i posted a personal note to usforces during the whole suskrukh fiasco

i have bought and sold items in the marketplace multiple times

so if the number of posts is the criteria for being accepted as a member of erodov, i guess i will never be one.......

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
no body has gone back on anything.. And just so that my position does not get dragged into it, i said posting as a member, coz thats what my opinion would have been still.

Results take time.. So will for this.. Thats all.. Just whining on and on wont speed things up.. Just have patience guys..

Old 29-12-11
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Sigh. No wonder people tell us we Indians lack patience. :|
On a side note, complaining wont help you (whoever) or anyone else. Instead people will find you irritating.
Also, guys please dont forget that ERODOV wants to bring quality and not simply quantity. The giveaway was done to, i believe, keep the forum interesting. Even if you are a newbie (i'm not judging by the no. of posts, mind you) at least try to be more open up and interact with others instead of isolating yourself. Dont hesitate to ask anything.
Be part of [E] family.
Cheers!

PS:Going back to topic why not close this thread till @krashnburn comes back?
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 29-12-11
teh nuB!
Looking forward to win atleast

souvikdas95 is Mysterious

WE indians are atleast better than Paris hilton who celebrates her 21st b'day by giving 5 parties simulatenously
mrnikhilsudo likes this.
Old 02-01-12
Lead Lead
Administrator

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery

Sorry guys, I had been really busy with a job change over the last few weeks. I am back now. We will wrap this up quickly.
Old 02-01-12
Lead Lead
Administrator

Rig Gallery

What I am going to do next:

- Make sure there are enough quality entries
- If not enough, extend the competition a bit so we hit the target.
- Decide winner
- Send prize
- Sheks
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 02-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

And the winner is thebanik......Thanks for the prize Karan....I really need it......
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
Old 02-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

^^ No you dont.. liar... I would do well with something like this....
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 02-01-12
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND!!

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
And the winner is thebanik......Thanks for the prize Karan....I really need it......
lol.
Old 02-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Hahahaha. @KiD0M4N, I still need my E T-Shirt from the 3Like! contest.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 02-01-12
Lead Lead
Administrator

Rig Gallery

MOZ, drop me a PM.. I have the t shits with me. I can courier to you tomorrow/weekend.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 02-01-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
things work better when i kick

dODo is Notable

will do wonders if i win!!!!

audio gear
|cowon j3 32gb black | Denon ahd 510r(arrrr for a pirate)| Ultimate ears metrofi200 | sennheiser cx300 II |
Old 02-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
Hahahaha. @KiD0M4N, I still need my E T-Shirt from the 3Like! contest.
hahahahaha....even me waiting for my T-Shirt.....This is blasphemy......E cheated me of my T-Shirt........
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 02-01-12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

You are a staff member, hence a part of Erodov. You have no right insulting it in public.
Old 02-01-12
Banned

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
MOZ, drop me a PM.. I have the t shits with me. I can courier to you tomorrow/weekend.
errr...i am yet to get those shirts

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Please share with friends!