Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Erodov Exclusive : SteelSeries Xai Gaming Mouse and SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pad Review
Erodov Exclusive : SteelSeries Xai Gaming Mouse and SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pad Review
Date: 02-01-10
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Ambar Singh

Index
Specifications 
Index

SteelSeries Xai Gaming Mouse and 9HD Mouse Pad Review

SteelSeries, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high quality gaming gear has officially made its presence felt in the country, with the help of the new national distributor, Faxtel Ltd. Although SteelSeries products have been available here earlier through various retailers, the word ‘officially’ has a kind of… different ring to it.

This is the company which gave us a legendary line-up of cloth mouse pads – the QcK series and the well respected Ikari mice (laser and optical).

While trying their best to get a strong foot-hold in the Indian gaming market, they bring us yet another pair of rats… er, I mean mice.

Not only are they launching the SteelSeries Kinzu (optical sensor – 3200 CPI) and the SteelSeries Xai (laser sensor – 5001 CPI) but are also throwing a new pair of hard mouse pads, the Steelseries 9HD and the SteelSeries 4HD, into the mix. While the Ikaris differed only in the sensors used (optical and laser), the Kinzu and Xai have quite a few things to differentiate them, from sensor technology to size and weight.

I have been able to get my hands on the SteelSeries Xai and 9HD Mouse Pad, and those are what I will be reviewing in the following pages. So gear up, because this combo is actually the best mouse/pad combination I have used so far!

Note: The mouse will not be compared with the Razer Mamba, even though it does fall in its price range, since I have never tried it and all my attempts to get one for a review were in vain.

Index
Specifications 

Tools
Add to ViKiD's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Specifications (Page 1 of 7)    >  >>
By vijayninel 06-01-10
Re: Erodov Exclusive : SteelSeries Xai Gaming Mouse and SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pad Rev

Ah ! Never knew there was so much behind selecting a rat. Thanks for the excellent review Vikid (TM)
By WolVerInE 06-01-10
Re: Erodov Exclusive : SteelSeries Xai Gaming Mouse and SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pad Rev

perro review
By WolVerInE 06-01-10

VFM should be 7/10
By vijayninel 06-01-10

By ViKiD 06-01-10

Shut up about the VFM ...you haven't tried it...
By Aumkar 06-01-10

Great review. But how do the sizes of the mice compare..?
By ViKiD 06-01-10

Damn missed some pictures.... let me upload em...
By ViKiD 06-01-10

Have PM''d Vijay...should be up soon
By WolVerInE 06-01-10

the price is still real high :/
By ReekingArchvile 07-01-10

Nice review there man
What are the damages for the combo?
By Ultimabasher 07-01-10

Design for comfort okay, but for looks, is compromised. We need to lower some grades there
By ViKiD 07-01-10

I cant actually assert enough...but the mouse looks pretty decent...

But again its not aimed at the casual gamer..but at Serious ones who dont give a froook about the bling...

@reeking.... on request
By Cyn1c 07-01-10

Nicely done Vikid. Finally laser mice have come a long way. I just wish you had the imperator for comparison. It would've been a riot of a review
By thebanik 07-01-10

Damn nice review man, dugged then raped.....
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search