Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-10-12   #106
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
I must disagree with this.

All these heroes have 3 - 4 active spells and its very difficult for a beginner to learn/control. Its bad enough that you are learning the game with multi heroes on either teams. To make life more difficult you have a 100+ items to choose from (inc recipes).

In our circle we always have people learn heroes which have minimal active skills to start with just to know the map, the basic game play (lane calling, Neutral creep farming, teleporting, defending by the towers, using the courier, item picking etc).

Once you get comfy with these feel free explore other carry heroes. The reason I suggest this is simply cuz every team will have at least 2 carries in a pub game. As long as you don't end up feeding the enemy, being over zealous, your team mates can manage very well. Also playing an effective support is lot more difficult than playing a carry. If you have good support, any average player can farm up and twink your carry. But not the other way around. Use this time to learn better about ganking.

Some easy to play and learn heroes are in fact mostly carries:

1. Blood seeker
2. Skeleton King
3. Tide Hunter
4. Drow Ranger
5. Bounty Hunter (to an extent)
6. Sniper (don't stack up Skill 1 unless you have a good support in your lane)
The heroes you listed are all prime targets for ganks which compounds on the difficulty further. these guys also involve item making decisions newbies might screw up with. Supports always have simplified builds since they dont need farm.

all in all its the fact that theres more decision making involved with carry style heroes and very rarely does it happen that a team would let the noob carry farm once his skill level is known.

But then again I always favor heroes with lots of active skills so maybe thats how I see it. We all have our own approach to the game.

Last edited by modeSEVEN; 13-10-12 at 03:08 PM.
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #107
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Pro Dota 2 League

Rig Gallery

Kaneunderground is Notable
Re: Erodov DOTA 2 Club !

DotaCinema - YouTube
Subscribe to this channel you will get plenty of info about all the heros .
Also subscribe purge gamers in utube. He will play each hero & tell you how to play it.
Newbie heros to start off are any range hero .
Ex:
1.Drow ranger.

Shes is easiest hero to start off . Play bot game to understand the lanes
First thing to learn in dota is LAST HITTING ! i.e making gold by hitting creeps & deny the opposition from farming gold. i.e you kill allia creep before opposite team tries to kill em. If you do this you will win the game & I am not joking.

Simple things to learn for beginners .
There are 3 lanes
1.MID
2. TOP
3.BOTTOM
Mid lane is handled by your carry most of the time or a hero which needs quick gold & experience.
Top & bottom is selected accordingly.
Top\bot\mid missing these terms mean the hero is missing in that place & there are possible chances tat hero might come in your lane to GANK you.
GANKing means coming from behind or no where this usually happens in NIGHT time.

Dota has DAYTIME & NIGHT TIME. NIght time most of the GANKS happen if its a party game.
You need to spend 2 -3 months to get the 30-40% mastery of dota & dont get frustrated if you die or you lose you jus need to play smart & its a team game nothing else. If you understood your heros strengths & weakness & if you do last hitting very well that will be more than sufficient.

DONT PLAY"
PUDGE
TINKER
DARK SEER
CHEN
INVOKER .
THESE ARE DIFFICULT HEROS TO START OFF WITH !
I STILL DONT PLAY INVOKER & PUDGE

Last edited by Kaneunderground; 13-10-12 at 05:33 PM.
Kaneunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #108
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Lol. @krashnburn: Blood seeker bru.
So good!
Played against easy bots still. But didn't even die once. Once it seemed like I was going to luckily I had a rupture on the reincarnated Skelly king. He died and gave me health. xD
Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
The heroes you listed are all prime targets for ganks which compounds on the difficulty further. these guys also involve item making decisions newbies might screw up with. Supports always have simplified builds since they dont need farm.
Haven't played in pubs yet so wouldn't know. :S
At any rate am going through one hero at a time till I find the "one" so to speak.
Blood Seeker, is sooo good. :3
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #109
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

He is easy cuz when playing against BOTs its really easy to gauge them, you won't have to make a clan class build, make very accurate ganking decisions and most importantly cast multiple skills.
With him a lot of people make (including me) force staff and radiance. Rupture when hero hitting your tower, and force staff. They can't stand near the tower nor can they run with rupture on. Mostly they'd run in fear.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #110
teh geeK!
[E]onian
....but then i got hiiight ...

superm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famed

venomancer ... ?
played invoker as my 2nd hero .... by far my fav hero

super-rig : intel i5 2500k, msi H67MA-E35, sapphire 5850, corsair hx650, roccat kova +roccat taito MTW edition, razer blackwidow, cm690[mod in progress ] , corsair H70 , samsung 2033sw+
audio : altec lansing vs4121 , soundmagic pl-30, meelectronics m6, ultrasones HFI- 780, asus xonar dx
mobile : galaxy nexus + AOKP + franko's kernel = awsomeness
superm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #111
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Played a game against 2 bots.
As a Sniper.
Yeah, I know, Y u pick carry and all that. But a friend suggested that I try him out. So I decided what the heck.
Pretty fun, managed to wrap my head around the basics of the game. But I heard people saying Mid missing or top missing. What does that mean?
Also @modeSEVEN will do, will try out those characters.
Why you no play a game with us? You'll learn quick on mumble.
I mostly go carry, but I do take Int heros and mid lane sometimes depends on my mood.

I find Puck very fun to play, try him once, with the recent buffs its easier to kill with him, hes a very good fight intiator.

Sent From My Paranoid P990
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean9/pc/SEB47.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1301111051.png

Last edited by SEB47; 13-10-12 at 08:42 PM.
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #112
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by SEB47 View Post
I find Puck very fun to play, try him once, with the recent buffs its easier to kill with him, hes a very good fight intiator.
Hate puck and storm. PITA.
Always running about and away. First to kill in a gank
Old 13-10-12   #113
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Why you no play a game with us? You'll learn quick on mumble.
Let me learn by meself seb.
I'll play with you guys later, Blitz was on Steam today asking me to play with him.
:|
Old 13-10-12   #114
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Let me learn by meself seb
Added u. Accept.
Old 13-10-12   #115
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Let me learn by meself seb.
I'll play with you guys later, Blitz was on Steam today asking me to play with him.
:|
Le bleetz men is fail men. He rage quits.

Sent From My Paranoid P990
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12   #116
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Originally Posted by krashnburn ♦ View Post
Added u. Accept.
Done
Le bleetz men is fail men. He rage quits.
I know he's fail in every game. :|
Old 13-10-12   #117
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Which brings me to a very important question:
What role do you guys prefer to play?

I play gankers/roamers and lane supports for the most part.
Old 14-10-12   #118
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
I play gankers/roamers and lane supports for the most part.
I don't know the exact roles as such but I prefer playing an early Initiator (If I'm using it wrong please let me know) Bloodseeker is one?
Old 14-10-12   #119
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

I don't know the exact roles as such but I prefer playing an early Initiator (If I'm using it wrong please let me know) Bloodseeker is one?
Yes, he's an initiator though not in team fights. He's a good gank initiator/ laning phase initiator since his skills are single target.
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-12   #120
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

I prefer playing an early Initiator
An initiator is usually a char with large AOE damage/stun/disable.
Eg: Sand King, Tide Hunter, Earth Shaker, Magnataur.

Blood seeker's abilities make him adept at chasing down and killing single targets like ModeSeven said.
Bounty Hunter, Bone Clinkz, Rikimaru, also fall in this category.
Post New Thread  Reply