Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-11-12   #436
teh geeK!
[E]onian
DotA 2 FoReVeR!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Erodov DOTA Club !

Originally Posted by suneethk View Post
Add me too, steam ID: Steam Community :: ID :: L.o.S~Darkscythe
First post and that too in dota 2 thread Welcome

Shiny new Connection

Core2Duo E7200 @ Stock, ABIT IP35-E, GeCube ATI HD 4850 (DEAD),
2GB Transcend 800Mhz DDR2 RAM, 80GB Seagate SATA, Seagate 500 GB 7200.12,
Corsair VX450W

Dell Studio 1558: Core i5 460M, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Seagate 7200rpm, ATI Mobility HD5470.
Th3 KiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-12   #437
teh nuB!
Change is Inevitable

suneethk is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Th3 KiNg View Post
First post and that too in dota 2 thread Welcome
Hehe, well i posted in Classifieds section, but i guess they don't count as posts.. ^^

Thanks!
suneethk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-12   #438
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

@dev at what time do you play on Garena? :/
@krashnburn could you tell me what sort of files i need to copy to get the dota2 installation done and how do i update the rest? A friend has it installed so...
Old 29-11-12   #439
teh nuB!
Change is Inevitable

suneethk is Mysterious

@krashnburn could you tell me what sort of files i need to copy to get the dota2 installation done and how do i update the rest? A friend has it installed so...[/QUOTE]

On your friends PC, open Steam menu -> back up and restore games -> Back up an installed game -> select dota2 and make a back up.

On your PC, copy the backup to any drive, open Steam menu -> back up and restore games -> install a backup -> select dota2 location and install.
Dave likes this.
suneethk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12   #440
teh nuB!
One Code At A Time ) I MAKE BO

kingcobra85 is Mysterious

id:silent_thunder85 add me fellas
kingcobra85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12   #441
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Th3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
@dev at what time do you play on Garena? :/
@krashnburn could you tell me what sort of files i need to copy to get the dota2 installation done and how do i update the rest? A friend has it installed so...
Are you talking to me? dev??? o_O

I have stopped playing garena for now. DOTA 2 is too awesome
Old 30-11-12   #442
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Originally Posted by suneethk View Post
On your friends PC, open Steam menu -> back up and restore games -> Back up an installed game -> select dota2 and make a back up.

On your PC, copy the backup to any drive, open Steam menu -> back up and restore games -> install a backup -> select dota2 location and install.
Thanks. Installed.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12   #443
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Forgive me if it insults anybody but is being part of DoTA community require you to be a complete tw*t?
It's almost every other game I play some guy has to talk shit about either how good he is or how the other players doing better than him have no life. And then some.
Never faced any of those issues in Bot games, meeting genuinely nice people who are willing to teach.
Also, inb4thisishowdotaalwayswas.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12   #444
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Forgive me if it insults anybody but is being part of DoTA community require you to be a complete tw*t?
It's almost every other game I play some guy has to talk shit about either how good he is or how the other players doing better than him have no life. And then some.
Never faced any of those issues in Bot games, meeting genuinely nice people who are willing to teach.
Back in the dota 1 days of yore (say 4-5 years ago), when I was a wee noob, I faced the same problem. One of the definitive problems of this game is the learning curve or as I call it, "the learning wall of China".

The way I got over it was to look at hero guides before using it in game, followed by 1 replay to see how the hero is played in game.

The other method is to find 4 players of the same skill level to team up with so that you don't meet a$$es in the matchmaking system. My old clan mates from COD4 do this and have no problem with each other.

In defense of the overzealous idiot who badmouthed you for lack of skill, people want to play the best they can in the game. When playing a team game, this means every player plays at approximately the same level of game. When this does not happen, other players get frustrated on the situation and this results in what presumably happened to you.

A few simple pointers to keep the rage away from your DotA experience:
1. Learn a hero in trial game(s).
2. Watch a replay for the same hero before playing it in a match.
3. Make it clear that you are willing to learn. Ask the raging player exactly what he wants from you. If he continues to rage, tell him to f*ck off by all means but attempting to reason makes him more likely to give good advice.

Last but not least, sometimes players just don't get along due to personality conflicts. Tw*ts are known to be an unreasonable specie anyway.

I'm not pulling these tips out of my a$$, these are tried and tested by yours truly so you got no harm in trying them out.
Once you're across the wall, it's smooth sailing. but before that it's going to be a lot more badmouthing.
Old 03-12-12   #445
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
ROG is the only way to go

Rig Gallery

Heavenrider is very RespectfulHeavenrider is very Respectful

lol , how can this insult anybody ? its part and parcel of gaming, trash talkers were there since the inception of stone age gaming (my stone landed farther than yours!! Neanderthal talks), and will continue to be there, we have not evolved in that aspect much...

its like asking what the internet would be without TROLLS, a better place ?? maybe so.. but in my opinion that wud be a dull world, a world where everything is perfect is ..yuck cant imagine it.. its like gaming, there needs to be that element of change and whats the word i m looking for here, imperfect ??( a Dev struggles to make a game seem non symmetric)

people should just take it lightly (you dont go and punch a mental person in raggedy clothes because he called u stupid and fat or whatever, you ignore him or laugh at him and go about your business) . same in gaming, there will be trolls, trash talkers and then there will be genuinely good people who help each other out, the whole experience is all a part and parcel of gaming, and a gamer should be prepared for this or adapt to this (no body said the world of gaming community is all roses and beautiful , there are the ugly parts as well) ..

so what i am saying is .. grow up dude dont just push away the tw*ts , accept them , then you will become the .......

play "PERSONA" series to get the answer lol

Heavenly Rider .... Ride along or Ride against , in the journey called life.. Ride on ... do not stop too long... enjoy and move along.. never stay too long.. for we are bound by time and tide ...that no Rider can hold on.....
Heavenrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12   #446
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

Rig Gallery

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent

Trash talking is always the part of any multiplayer games, enjoy it and don't repeat yourself.
Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate 1TB | Corsair Vengeance K70 Brown | Logitech G27 | Logitech G302 | Logitech Attack 3 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Win10 Pro | Xbox360 Controller | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Steam ID: satyanjoy | Origin: SatyaDG
satyanjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12   #447
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

@Heavenrider @satyanjoy Trashtalking may be an intrinsic part of gaming but the DotA community is an extreme example of this since a single player can ruin the game for 9 others.
I've played many multiplayer games but none compare to the trash talking you have to face as a noob.
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12   #448
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

Rig Gallery

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
@Heavenrider @satyanjoy Trashtalking may be an intrinsic part of gaming but the DotA community is an extreme example of this since a single player can ruin the game for 9 others.
I've played many multiplayer games but none compare to the trash talking you have to face as a noob.
I got it everyday, as I am a noob too,I accept it and move on. Its funny to know people;s opinion..You are good in a game does not make a good gamer overall to me anyway..And some people consider everyone to read their mind and every gesture they are making in the game. In short public game sucks..But if you have a like minded band of people with almost same level of skills, this game is hell of a fan and that'w why its worth investing the super step learning curve and I mostly play the game to enjoy but not to prove myself that I am better than some one.

To experienced DoTa 2 players : you want a serious game, better band with a team and enjoy. But if you are coming to pub game, keep an open mind and help others.
satyanjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12   #449
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Th3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly Admirable

lol. Now I know why you like playing with bots.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
Back in the dota 1 days of yore (say 4-5 years ago), when I was a wee noob, I faced the same problem. One of the definitive problems of this game is the learning curve or as I call it, "the learning wall of China".

The way I got over it was to look at hero guides before using it in game, followed by 1 replay to see how the hero is played in game.

The other method is to find 4 players of the same skill level to team up with so that you don't meet a$$es in the matchmaking system. My old clan mates from COD4 do this and have no problem with each other.

In defense of the overzealous idiot who badmouthed you for lack of skill, people want to play the best they can in the game. When playing a team game, this means every player plays at approximately the same level of game. When this does not happen, other players get frustrated on the situation and this results in what presumably happened to you.

A few simple pointers to keep the rage away from your DotA experience:
1. Learn a hero in trial game(s).
2. Watch a replay for the same hero before playing it in a match.
3. Make it clear that you are willing to learn. Ask the raging player exactly what he wants from you. If he continues to rage, tell him to f*ck off by all means but attempting to reason makes him more likely to give good advice.

Last but not least, sometimes players just don't get along due to personality conflicts. Tw*ts are known to be an unreasonable specie anyway.

I'm not pulling these tips out of my a$$, these are tried and tested by yours truly so you got no harm in trying them out.
Once you're across the wall, it's smooth sailing. but before that it's going to be a lot more badmouthing.
Actually the best remedy is to not respond to their insults.
Old 04-12-12   #450
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

My only suggestion:
Let them know yer a beginner. The problem arises due to expectations and not being met.
Most experienced players will guide you when you tell them that you are a beginner and not to expect too much from them.
I still do that ... being the noob that I am.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply