Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-10-13   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Icon2 Eric Schmidt Says Android is More Secure Than the iPhone

Eric Schmidt, chairman of Google on Monday declared the Android platform more secure than Apple's iPhone during a question-and-answer session at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo.

The comment was made when Gartner anaylst David Willis suggested during a Q&A session that Android was not secure compared to other platforms. The question and answer was something like this.
Willis: "If you polled many people in this audience they would say Google Android is not their principal platform... When you say Android, people say, wait a minute, Android is not secure."
Schmidt: "Not secure? It's more secure than the iPhone."
Apparently this drew laughter from some of the Audience but Schmidt was unfazed. He explained that Android has more than a billion users, is a platform that will be around for a while, and therefore goes through rigorous real-world security testing.

"Android is very secure, You will be happier with Gmail, Chrome and Android more than you can possibly imagine" said Schmidt at the end of the session.

According to the statistics of vulnerability datsource webisite CVE security vulnerability database. Security vulnerabilities, exploits, references and more Apple's iOS is considerably less secure than Android. The total iOS vulnerabilities for period 2007-2013 are 238 whereas the total Android vulnerabilities for the period 2009-2013 are only 27. The accuracy of the data is contested.

Old 09-10-13   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Eric Schmidt Says Android is More Secure Than the iPhone

Both are not secure. !
The securest system is Windows Phone 8

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013...certification/

http://blogs.windows.com/windows_pho...ification.aspx

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Nothing is secure in the hands of a monkey

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Both are not secure. !
The securest system is Windows Phone 8

Windows Phone 8 Gets Key US Government Security Certificate

Windows Phone 8 earns key government security certification
That is not the kind of security that is being referred to in the OP. The OP is regarding security vulnerabilities, exploits and malware affecting mobile operating systems. The certification that you are talking about is regarding cryptographic algorithms used by Windows Phone 8 to protect data inside its products.

In any case Windows mobile is unlikely to have much malware written for it simply because hardly anyone uses it. Mac OSX is also more more secure for the same reason. Going by that logic the Ubuntu Phone OS will be even more secure.
Techie#1 likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Mac OSX is easily havkable and has been proved in various conventions.. and as for Ubuntu.. that might be more secure..
But let it raise its head
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Mac OSX is also more more secure for the same reason. Going by that logic the Ubuntu Phone OS will be even more secure
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13   #6
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

Please tell me you're joking..
And actually 2010-2011 showed greatest increase in vulnerabilities, when Google was forced to remove a bunch of malware apps from then, Marketplace.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply