Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Announcements and Policies
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Edabba and Cromaretail Spammers Banned

Hey guys,

Two members specifically - arvindrao15 and manojbhagat have been banned for promoting edabba[.]com and cromaretail[.]com on Erodov.

[Edit: Both have since been confirmed to be the same user]

The promotions that they did were not direct promotions. They built up their post count and bided their time. Then they started putting up seemingly legitimate questions and answers with links to to these sites. The links will seem very innocent and the posts will seem genuine, but they are not. They are spam.

I am letting you know this because the names of these two sites are censored from now on. We dont have any problem if regular members legitimately take the names of these sites or link to them, however direct links to these sites will be censored and new members who have too much enthusiasm for these sites will be kept under watch.

BTW besides these two, I have put four more under censorship since yesterday.

Keep fourming and help us keep the community clean from spam. If you think that some members is posting here with a agenda of promoting some site then report the post to us.

Cheers
Free Radical likes this.
Old 09-05-13
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable
Re: Edabbadotcom and Chromaretaildotcom Spammers Banned

thanks sirji

P.S. admin have rights to post censored links as well so it would be good if you just remove those 'dot' and replace it with '.'
First i thought its some kind of spam thread in EUTS sec. but later realize its in announcement section
Old 09-05-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Nice action, I detest these type of posters who abuse our trust....

I myself removed link from one such guy's post

Old 09-05-13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Busy Gaming...

rock2702 is Notable

They are doing the same on different forums also.I thought them to be the same guy having two id's.

MY Cellphones: Samsung Galaxy S3 White 16gb,Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16gb(titanium grey)

CPUZ:http://i.imgur.com/EtTmOYw.jpg
Cinebech:http://i.imgur.com/mbPaU5j.jpg
Old 09-05-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by rock2702 View Post
They are doing the same on different forums also.I thought them to be the same guy having two id's.

Reps to you my friend. Somehow this didnt occur to me today. I just checked and you are right. Both of them are the same user using the same computer.

Please let the staff and members of other forums know about this as well. I wouldn't want any forum to be spoiled by these kinds of people. This hurts the credibility of forums overall.
Old 09-05-13
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

So he created a thread with one id asking if it was worth buying the S4 and then he was helping himself by posting links with the other id
And then he was asking himself if he bought the phone.. lol..
That is Genius
Old 09-05-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
So he created a thread with one id asking if it was worth buying the S4 and then he was helping himself by posting links with the other id
That is Genius
Yes its all done in a manner that it doesn't arouse suspicion and seems like a genuine discussion. Posting a question and then replying with links to the sites they want to promote is a typical tactic.
Old 09-05-13
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

That is Genius
thats quite common
Old 09-05-13
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Keeping the spam aside, edabbba is a relatively new website, while cromaretail is the online store of the Tata Croma stores... And has awesome service..

Sent from my Micromax Canvas HD using tapatalk
Old 09-05-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Keeping the spam aside, edabbba is a relatively new website, while cromaretail is the online store of the Tata Croma stores... And has awesome service..
That maybe, but it seems that these two sites have employed some "SEO consultants" to promote their sites. I am not sure if the management of these sites are aware of what is being done by the people hired by them.

We ourselves get daily emails from "SEO/marketting consultants" who promise to increase the ranking and traffic of Erodov. However we never avail of these services because of such concerns.
Old 09-05-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Re: Edabba and Cromaretail Spammers Banned

There you go. Spammer of the hour - http://www.erodov.com/forums/suggest...ice/63624.html

Same user, different accounts.
Old 09-05-13
teh geeK!

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
There you go. Spammer of the hour - http://www.erodov.com/forums/suggest...ice/63624.html

Same user, different accounts.
I too felt the same

Old 11-05-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

So he created a thread with one id asking if it was worth buying
That is Genius
Nice way of unpaid promotion of goods/services by using forums. These kind of spammers should always be banned to keep our forum cleaned & trusted.
mrnikhilsudo likes this.
Old 13-05-13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

So he created a thread with one id asking if it was worth buying the S4 and then he was helping himself by posting links with the other id And then he was asking himself if he bought the phone.. lol.. That is Genius
Holy SH1t !! I would really be interested in knowing which B-Schools teach such Marketing tactics or do these master minds come up with such ingenious plans on their own !?
Old 13-05-13
teh geeK!

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
Holy SH1t !! I would really be interested in knowing which B-Schools teach such Marketing tactics or do these master minds come up with such ingenious plans on their own !?
lol... its the dirty mind which cooks all these anyways its not new and people do this for fun. I did it on chit-chat forums where there is no limit for creating multiple ID's (learn the trick there itself)
Post New Thread  Reply
Please share with friends!