Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 21-07-19   #1
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

E3 1230 V2 the Best Cpu for Lga 1155 Socket?

Is the e3 1230 v2 the best cpu i can get with my money. I know there are others like the 1230 v2 but they just hit the customs limit and don't really wanna deal with customs since i don't have the time and money to argue with the GPO. And how was your experience with aliexpress cpus, their delivery and what not if you have ever bought a used cpu from there.
Thanks as always
Old 25-07-19   #2
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable
Re: E3 1230 V2 the Best Cpu for Lga 1155 Socket?

Ayaya, seems like everything except bazaar is dead in erodov
Rezep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

xsamtores is Mysterious

It's probably worth a shot benchmark is good, just wait for another wave of bazaar
xsamtores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19   #4
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

Originally Posted by xsamtores View Post
It's probably worth a shot benchmark is good, just wait for another wave of bazaar
Nah, xeon cpus are rare in both techenclave and erodov, best bet is aliexpress and they seem to be a hit and miss depending on customs, tried to contact the seller but for the past 2 days he has only sent 1 msg saying he marks most of the packages below 2 usd. Asked him if indian customers ever complained about customs. Still awaiting answer
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
teh nuB!

blife is Mysterious

Hi Rezep,

I am posting it again because the last post I made never appeared so here it goes anyway.

If you are looking for a better single core performance then I would suggest you E3-1270v2 for about 70USD. Regarding the customs its always a hit and miss affair. I purchased a E5-2690 for 105USD about a year and half and it came through without customs charges but then another product with less than 30USD in value got customs tax. So its completely a dice roll there.

I usually purchase most of my server hardware from another forum and I am not sure if posting links to another forum is acceptable here. So if you are interested please let me know, I will send you the like. Purchases are done on one to one basis and it is generally sent as a gift item with no value so it completely bypasses customs.

Hope this is of help to you(hope this one gets posted)

Regards
BLife
blife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

Originally Posted by blife View Post
Hi Rezep,

I am posting it again because the last post I made never appeared so here it goes anyway.

If you are looking for a better single core performance then I would suggest you E3-1270v2 for about 70USD. Regarding the customs its always a hit and miss affair. I purchased a E5-2690 for 105USD about a year and half and it came through without customs charges but then another product with less than 30USD in value got customs tax. So its completely a dice roll there.

I usually purchase most of my server hardware from another forum and I am not sure if posting links to another forum is acceptable here. So if you are interested please let me know, I will send you the like. Purchases are done on one to one basis and it is generally sent as a gift item with no value so it completely bypasses customs.

Hope this is of help to you(hope this one gets posted)

Regards
BLife
Oh man, ended up buying the e3 1230 v2 for 3.8k. Still in customs for around 12 days now. Hopefully i do get it soon. Appreciate your answer mate cheers
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
teh nuB!

blife is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Rezep View Post
Oh man, ended up buying the e3 1230 v2 for 3.8k. Still in customs for around 12 days now. Hopefully i do get it soon. Appreciate your answer mate cheers

In my experience if the package stays with the customs clearance for more than a few hours, then it is been slapped with tax. Hope my previous experience is wrong this time.

Regards,
BLife
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

In my experience if the package stays with the customs clearance for more than a few hours, then it is been slapped with tax. Hope my previous experience is wrong this time.

Regards,
BLife
Well the detail "held by customs" did not last long, however the bangalore gpo just takes time since the backlog and items they have to check is mental. A person got his mi band (reddit) in around a month more or less
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
teh nuB!

blife is Mysterious

when you receive the package can please post an update regarding the customs tax, It will be of much use to future buyers.

Regards
BLife
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

when you receive the package can please post an update regarding the customs tax, It will be of much use to future buyers.

Regards
BLife
Recieved it in 24 days bangalore without any customs, marked as gift and $2. https://ibb.co/d0XTc8Y
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

@Rezep

hit me with the link,
I'll buy one.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

Originally Posted by Marun View Post
@Rezep

hit me with the link,
I'll buy one.
Rs. 4,040.25 | Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core CPU Processor SR0P4 LGA 1155
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tBoHEQec
Here you go man, bought a case from a person and waiting for it to get shipped, haven't got the chance to test it yet. Any suggestions for thermal paste?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

you can go to any shop and get a local paste for 100 bucks AFAIK. it should work. I have been thinking for a while now. H67 series motherboard is too old for a upgrade!
Marun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

Originally Posted by Marun View Post
you can go to any shop and get a local paste for 100 bucks AFAIK. it should work. I have been thinking for a while now. H67 series motherboard is too old for a upgrade!
When you have a budget of 30k, including monitor, options are limited using my old asrock h61m plus mobo which is still working fine, has an i3 3220 which i'm either gonna sell or use as backup incase the xeon fails. Bought a thermaltake v100 from a guy in the second hand components fb group but he dropped the case and, returned the money back to me , anyways not looking to go cheap on the thermal paste due to the fact i'm not gonnna change it in a year(or two). Cooler master gel for 500 worth it?
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
teh nuB!

blife is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Rezep View Post
Rs. 4,040.25 | Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core CPU Processor SR0P4 LGA 1155
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tBoHEQec
Here you go man, bought a case from a person and waiting for it to get shipped, haven't got the chance to test it yet. Any suggestions for thermal paste?

Hi Rezep,
Glad to hear that you received yours and thanks for the update regarding the Customs charge.

Regarding the thermal paste, I think anything other than toothpaste will work great

Regards,
BLife
Post New Thread  Reply