Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
[E]xclusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet
by MOZ 07-04-11

[E]xclusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet

40 GB of SSD space enough for any corporate user says Strontium director

Mr. Vivian Singh, Director & Co-founder, Strontium Technology Pte Ltd discussed the past, progress and future of Strontium Technology at a Press meet at the Park Royal, Delhi today. He discussed the progress of Strontium in the very competitive memory market and its new venture into the SSD battlefield.

Mr.Vivian commenced the conference with the mission and vision of Strontium technology, revealing their initial aim to be a Fortune 500 company and to provide value to their customers, employees, vendors and stakeholders. He proudly announced that on their way to becoming a successful company, they had reached a milestone by becoming the No.1 technological enterprise in Singapore and 19th over all. He mentioned too that the major success fundas of the company were, putting profits back into the company, consistent supply, and competitive pricing.

He showcased that currently India and South-East Asia share around 30-33% of the company revenue individually and the US constitutes just under 25%. The future targeted companies and what they believe are the emerging markets are the BIICA (Brazil, India, Indonesia, China and Africa (specifically South)) countries. Strontium Technology currently has around 52 service centers in India and wants to increase the number of regional offices in India as it believes in the near future India is potentially their greatest market, and they want to reach out to more consumers. They also plan to launch their products in India as soon as possible and minimize the lag between products appearing in the international market and India.

Strontium Technology launched one of the fastest SSDs to-date, their new 120GB SATA III Matrix SSD. The new Matrix SSD is based on 25nm NAND flash technology and uses the Marvel controller. The targeted niche is corporate IT, gamers and PC enthusiasts that would like a performance boost over the traditional mechanical drives. The pricing for these drives is around $180, which means that they will cost $1.5 per GB, which is not bad at all for the read speeds that they provide. The specifications of the drive are:
  • 2.5-inch form factor
  • Marvell 88SS9174-BLD2 controller
  • Micron 25nm NAND Flash
  • Random read / write performance up to 40,000/50,000IOPS
  • Read speed: 415MB per second
  • Write speed with 175MB per second
  • Interface: SATA-3
Strontium also launched the SSD Gamma series in 60 and 120GB variants. Theses drives are targeted towards the entry SSD market and for consumers who would like a performance boost but at the same time maintain a strict budget. The specifications of these drives are:
  • 2.5-inch form factor
  • Sandforce SF-1222 controller
  • Micron 25nm NAND Flash
  • Read speed: 200MB per second
  • Write speed with 100MB per second
  • Interface: SATA-2
Strontium also revealed their new SSD promotion campaign to encourage the SSD sales in India. Mr Vivian Singh said, “The key message of the campaign called ‘Boot up Faster’ is to use Strontium SSD for faster boot up and accelerated application performance.“

At the Conference, Strontium also declared the winners of Strontium SMS Star Contest. The contestants were the Strontium Flashdrive owners who has sent a little SMS at the time of purchase of their Flashdrive. Mr Vivian Singh said, “This competition is for the common man of India, as even a taxi driver listening to songs from a Strontium pendrive can win a car here, and we would have made a significant difference to his life”. A whopping 120,000 participants took part in the 6 month long contest. Lucky participants won Chevrolet Beat car, Hero Honda CBZ, Sony LCD TV, IPhones, MacBooks, Digital Cameras, IPods, Sony PS2, Ray Ban glasses and Wrist Watches. A total of 300 prizes were there fo the taking. The results of the draw can be viewed on Strontium’s website at www.strontium.biz.

And I would like to conclude by quoting Mr.Vivian in true Bill Gates-esque, “I don’t think any corporate user would ever require more than 40 GB of SSD space”.

Last edited by MOZ; 06-06-13 at 02:11 PM.
Views 1061 Comments 21
Total Comments 21

Comments

Old 07-04-11
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery
Re: [E]clusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet on 75h April 2011

Waiting for the April 7 results
Lets see if I am in the list
Old 07-04-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery
Re: [E]xclusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet on 75h April 2011

that was today.
Old 07-04-11
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery
Re: [E]xclusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet on 75h April 2011

Strontium

Shows results for Oct 1. Perhaps its a dns issue at my end
Old 07-04-11
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Re: [E]xclusive Coverage of Strontium Press Meet

Great coverage Mohit. Thanks for the report.
Old 07-04-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Shows results for Oct 1. Perhaps its a dns issue at my end
According to Mr.Piyuesh at Strontium, results should be on the website in a coupleof days, I would liek to let you know that you have not won the car, bike, TV, Bike, or iPhone. and Mr Venugopal who last time won the MacBook has this time won the LCD TV. Lucky Him!

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Great coverage Mohit. Thanks for the report.
Thanks for the appreciation, and FR you too.

I would also like to thank thebanik and HNP for not being able to turn up for the event and allowing me to be the official envoy at the event for E. It was a good experience.
Old 07-04-11
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mohitgarg View Post
According to Mr.Piyuesh at Strontium, results should be on the website in a coupleof days, I would liek to let you know that you have not won the car, bike, TV, Bike, or iPhone. and Mr Venugopal who last time won the MacBook has this time won the LCD TV. Lucky Him!
grrr
Old 07-04-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

Good Job Mohit !
Old 08-04-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

Oh and did I mention that tehre was a goody bag that contained some wine, strontium pendrives, calendar, card case, keyrings and some brochures
Old 08-04-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by mohitgarg View Post
Oh and did I mention that tehre was a goody bag that contained some wine, strontium pendrives, calendar, card case, keyrings and some brochures
I know you like wine. so you keep that and send the rest over to Bangalore to my address

and oh, let me know when you have time. Will give you some typing lessons

Originally Posted by mohitgarg
Lucky Him!
He must feel like God !
Old 08-04-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

send the stuff to me ....u already got the glory ...now send my share to me
Old 08-04-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

lol... good coverage though dude... nice to hear SSD prices going down...
Old 08-04-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
I know you like wine
Where'd u get that, I am strictly a non alcoholic and will never touch alcohol no matter what.

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
Will give you some typing lessons
Yes, I am in dire need of some lessons, these typos are becoming a trademark!

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
now send my share to me
Keep dreaming!

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
lol... good coverage though dude... nice to hear SSD prices going down...
Thanks, and yeah they sure are, now down to around 1.5-1.7 $/BG, let's see when it reaches $1/GB, that would be sweet.
Old 08-04-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

^ Typing lessons for sure for u boi .....

And send me the wine atleast .... or r u too ill mannered to give the due credit ? Sigh.....wat else can u expect from today's generation !

Old 08-04-11
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Well done Mohit, you did a spanking fine fine job and it made me proud of you being from E !
Now I would like to suggest to you that it is me who has the most liking for the good stuff ( read wine and sharaab of all kinds ) so you know where to send it..
Second, you mentioned the cost of the drives as $1.5 per GB, did you by any chance ask them about the Retail price and or warranty info !!
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Press Release - Strontium Gaming Memory Module Launched in India thebanik Core Components 13 09-12-10 04:07 PM
Erodov Meet Part 3. DELHI-NCR April 3rd JD666 Events and Meets 67 06-04-10 03:55 AM
Possible ?? Delhi/NCR meet on 25th April MaxAxe Events and Meets 14 24-04-09 05:02 PM
God Of War : Chains Of Olympus Press Event Coverage ! akS ! Reviews & Previews 7 29-03-08 07:24 PM
[E]xclusive! SKOAR 2008 Coverage! akS ! Interesting News on the Web 44 28-01-08 09:34 PM

Tags
2011, 75h, april, coverage, eclusive, exclusive, meet, press, strontium