Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-03-13   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: [E]rodov Recommends - Build Your Own PC!

Ditto @Marun all these points are valid. And as @ChironX stated at the outset. This is going to be applicable to all.

At the end of the day it always boils down to each one's budget + needs/usage.

So from starting at the barest minimum (what's it going to be ??) to Maximum possible (and here although there's no theoretical limit...we shall restrain ourselves). We would however suggest ONLY quality components & the best VFM (Value For Money) peripherals that are locally available. So even if a person has a budget of Rs 10,000/- or lesser - he can rest assured that the recommendations made here would give him the BEST DEAL - which will serve his purpose for a long time.

I would request ALL out here to tag as many folks as possible on E (especially the Veterans) who can help contribute "ideas" - regards this venture [My main concern is the "presentation part" ]

... so let me start by tagging @DarkStar; @fleshfragger; @Free Radical; @harryneopotter; @johnjoyjoe; @kartikoli; @KiDoM4N; @KrashNBurn; @InDuSOnE; @KrAwL1125; @malcolmcg; @ManISinJpr; @mav2000; @saifbukhari (we need you and your gang....who constantly use/review new peripherals); @Parth SK Tank .......

Cheers
Terry
ManISinJpr and kartikoli like this.
System: i7-3770K | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Wi-Fi | ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCUII-Top Ed | Noctua NH-C14 | 16GB RipjawsZ @ 1866Mhz | Ocz Vertex4 128GB SSD | Seasonic X760W Modular | Seagate 1TB + 2TB | Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM | CM Storm Stryker | CM Excalibur 120mm Fan | Lian-Li SATA cables | WD 2 + 2TB | Waiting to hackintosh soon

Etcetra
: LG47" LED 4600 series| WD TV Live Hub| WD 1TB | Seagate 2TB usb3 | Sherwood Blu-ray player BDP-5004 | Technics SGC-770 5.1 - 460W music system with Turntable| Nikon D5000 with 18-55 & 55-300mm | Sound-Blaster Audigy Platinum|htc wildfire S | over 250 vinyl's | AMD Athlon 1800 antique PC !!!

@WORK - Avid DS v11 on Dual Xeon E5649/ Intel S5520SC Board/ 48GB RAM/ 60GB x 2 Intel SSD/ Quadro 5000 / 8TB Storage 15000RPM drives on RAID 6/ Cinetal Broadcast monitor/
Aja Kona 3G IO card / Awaiting HP Dreamcolor Monitor
terencefdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #17
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(

herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable
Re: Re: [E]rodov Recommends - Build Your Own PC!

Originally Posted by Marun View Post
Nice initiative guys. It was so fast and amazing. However, I have some points to ponder.

When we say a one stop thread for all the range, In what basis are we categorizing the list? From the conversations that had happened so far, I understand that it's going to be the following
1. Ultra-Low
2. Low
3. Medium
4. High medium
5. High end

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I think the categorization should begin with respect to the requirements and then the price tags. Something like this:
1. Just for browsing and minimal usage like documentations
2. Gaming, gaming and only gaming ( including higher end games)
3. Exceptional, editing, graphics rendering and 3D processing and it goes on.

Keeping the above three basis, we shall come up with rigs in all price tags. What say guys!!!
Yeah the category distribution will be +point. And I NEVER get the point of no limit proposal. Give me 5 crores still i will searching for pc components. Please check Pm and verify the quality check.
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ. |||| Corsair CWCH60 CPU Cooler. |||| Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard. |||| Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 @1600 Mhz (Dual Channel).|||| WD Caviar Blue 500 GB + WD Caviar Green 2 TB(WD20EARX).|||| Zotac 460 GTS (560 sold, Saving Money For 660Ti).|||| Corsair 300R With Rubber Padding And 4 Fans.|||| Corsair GS 600v2.|||| Asus DRW-24B5ST.|||| LG - M2341A.|||| UPS: 800VA Microtek.|||| Keyboard: Microsoft. |||| Mouce: Kinzu. |||| Pad: Golliath And A Xbox Controller.
Will Soon Update : kraken x60 cooler
Gadgets
Gameboy Advance, PsP 3004 , Ps1 , Ps2 Hdd Modded, Ps3 320GB, Nokia 6700s, Pantech burst, Apple Ipad Gen 4 , Sony Handycam 80GB , Nikon Digital Cam.
Will Update Soon: Dslr cam
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
A thing about Idiots, they drag you from your level of expertise to their level of stupidity, then beat you with their experience !!!
[Please Forgive My Camel Texts !!!]
Old 01-03-13   #18
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Nice initiative guys. It was so fast and amazing. However, I have some points to ponder.

When we say a one stop thread for all the range, In what basis are we categorizing the list? From the conversations that had happened so far, I understand that it's going to be the following
1. Ultra-Low
2. Low
3. Medium
4. High medium
5. High end

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I think the categorization should begin with respect to the requirements and then the price tags. Something like this:
1. Just for browsing and minimal usage like documentations
2. Gaming, gaming and only gaming ( including higher end games)
3. Exceptional, editing, graphics rendering and 3D processing and it goes on.

Keeping the above three basis, we shall come up with rigs in all price tags. What say guys!!!
waiting for maggi to post his draft so that we can contribute with what ever limited knowledge we have
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #19
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
waiting for maggi to post his draft so that we can contribute with what ever limited knowledge we have
Lol , always pulling my legs. Thats not cool. Reveal thyself....
herecomesmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #20
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

We have to pull your legs baby. Come on!!! you are the maggi who helps all in just 2 mins. Ain't you?
ManISinJpr and herecomesmaggi like this.
Old 01-03-13   #21
teh priesT!
[E]onian

We have to pull your legs baby. Come on!!! you are the maggi who helps all in just 2 mins. Ain't you?
There ain't a human who can prepare maggi in 2 mins....
Old 01-03-13   #22
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

The suggestions are flowing already! Nice!
@Marun

Yes, the purpose of the machine can be a good range discriminator but I thought mostly we're concerned about budget so we can set the configurations on budget. We can also give a little reasoning behind choosing each product (ala Tom's Hardware style) so that our recommendations become more robust.

What do you say?
terencefdes likes this.
Old 01-03-13   #23
teh nuB!
[E]onian
*****Psychedelic*****

muugen is Mysterious

i agree with marun on his idea , and other thing i like to add up is that there should be difference bw AMD and Intel and which one we should consider as by
hardware wise or money wise ,
currently i needed a PC with a budget of max 20K but i'm confused with intel and AMD so waiting fr suggestions that could help me
muugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #24
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by muugen View Post
i agree with marun on his idea , and other thing i like to add up is that there should be difference bw AMD and Intel and which one we should consider as by
hardware wise or money wise ,
currently i needed a PC with a budget of max 20K but i'm confused with intel and AMD so waiting fr suggestions that could help me
Create a thread I will help u... I can make a rig almost minimum at 12k but better you tell us all things stating hardware that already exist... future upgrade possibilities... we have to care of various variables to provide decent rig for long lasting firepower. Concentration of money is required on needs and future possibilities. Everything will run as usual as proposals are properly edited and posted.
@ChironX bro How was it.. please acknowledge or Shall I propose another estyle...
Regards.
muugen likes this.
Old 01-03-13   #25
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

@herecomesmaggi

Check the first post - your doc has been added as initial draft I think more than me all folks will be able to give you a better insight. My own review is that it is really nice - a lot of information nicely tucked into the doc.

Cheers mate!
herecomesmaggi likes this.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #26
teh nuB!
[E]onian
*****Psychedelic*****

muugen is Mysterious

Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
Create a thread I will help u... I can make a rig almost minimum at 12k but better you tell us all things stating hardware that already exist... future upgrade possibilities... we have to care of various variables to provide decent rig for long lasting firepower. Concentration of money is required on needs and future possibilities. Everything will run as usual as proposals are properly edited and posted.
@ChironX bro How was it.. please acknowledge or Shall I propose another estyle...
Regards.
hi maggi, i somehow managed to prepared a list of hardware i was supposed to buy for myself but before that i stumbled upon this post nd thought should wait for few more days as i coud get more insight on better hardware then i prepared for myself
i like to share with u guyz , but thought woud be hijacking ChironX thread so i didn't mentioned it
muugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #27
teh priesT!
[E]onian

I wasn't thinking that doc is worth a public shot... but as I said I will refine that one + i have another idea of proper initials that will help custom creativity in newbies by refining their fears step by step... as u wanted ...(promotion of own creativity at low cost) I think info about CPU coolers , common abbreviation dictionary must be updated.

Will start work at evening... Post update expected: After 24 hrs.

Regards.
Old 01-03-13   #28
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

Cool @ChironX

One may need a GPU and one may not need it. There are ppl who are fine with in-built one. So my concern is.

Just keep drafting and we shall finalize once it is done.
Marun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13   #29
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by muugen View Post
hi maggi, i somehow managed to prepared a list of hardware i was supposed to buy for myself but before that i stumbled upon this post nd thought should wait for few more days as i coud get more insight on better hardware then i prepared for myself
i like to share with u guyz , but thought woud be hijacking ChironX thread so i didn't mentioned it
Nothing is high jacking my friend... For what @ChironX is creating this thread , It's for you guys only. Help is always appreciated. if you have any insight/ concept then be sure to pm him, creating your points in clear way... He is a mod and is busy, so rather asking, PM him your work or suggestions. May be your ideas get a proper place in thread and help other newbies out there....

Btw I am started to liking the heat ChironX created.
[E] indeed has some serious members.

Regards
muugen likes this.
Old 01-03-13   #30
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
Nothing is high jacking my friend... For what @ChironX is creating this thread , It's for you guys only. Help is always appreciated. if you have any insight/ concept then be sure to pm him, creating your points in clear way... He is a mod and is busy, so rather asking, PM him your work or suggestions. May be your ideas get a proper place in thread and help other newbies out there....

Btw I am started to liking the heat ChironX created.
[E] indeed has some serious members.

Regards
I think posting a thread is a better idea rather than PMing single member (mod) for suggestions

P.S. did you discussed the point i have added
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply