Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-12-08   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

dust protection of laser printers

well, i have a hp laser at home and it' toner drum is not working well coz of dust. tilll the time my desk was under my control, there was no problem. but now since m no more in command,nobody' able to keep things clean.they still keep the printer covered when not in use but...

the usage has also come down since then.

many of you must have faced this problems with peripherals. any solutions?

in case this is spam:gimme old thread linkie
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: dust protection of laser printers

bump! nobody owns one here or what?
Old 05-12-08   #3
teh Paint Whisperer!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

kinda same thing happened to my HP AIO!! it just wont take paper by itself!!

i literally needed to put the paper inside until it finally was able to pull it in!!

read somewhere that its a dust issue!! used the blower on it nd things started working fine again!! now i clean it every 3 days or so!!
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08   #4
Let me be honest !
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

get your printer serviced and get a cloth based dust cover... if not try getting flannel cloth in good length and wrap it around the printer. Don't get teh cheap plastic stuff

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

Well cleaning on a regular basis is the only way out... no dust proof solution available. another way to reduce dust is to move it into an enclosed space something like a pull out drawer or something. This also will not prevent dust from setteling in on your printer, it will only reduce the frequency at which you have to clean the printer
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

read somewhere that its a dust issue!! used the blower on it nd things started working fine again!! now i clean it every 3 days or so!!
very temporary solutions. dad' fed up of doing that.
Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
get a cloth based dust cover...
beautifull idea! was using a plastic cover till now as far as i rem! will get it changed!
Old 05-12-08   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by jinu_j View Post
Well cleaning on a regular basis is the only way out... no dust proof solution available. another way to reduce dust is to move it into an enclosed space something like a pull out drawer or something. This also will not prevent dust from setteling in on your printer, it will only reduce the frequency at which you have to clean the printer

i did not think of drawer styled racks when i designed my table . WHY WHY WHY!!!

but the carpenter was pretty baffled i had measurements for each and every corner ready in the layout
Post New Thread  Reply