Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-14   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!
 
 
Pernicious's Avatar

DSLR D3200 Where to Buy


Hi,
Decided to get a dslr finally. the best entry level right now looks D3200. Would be my first, so want with lens. Can you suggest lowest price and where to buy? I need it before thursday, as I am going on a holiday after. Please suggest. Also, locally will the prices be cheaper than Online? I doubt so!

Awaiting quick replies, planning to buy today itself
Thank you!
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #2
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

Nikon D3200 (Black) DSLR with AF-S 18-55mm VR Kit Lens: Price, Review, Specs & Buy in India - Snapdeal.com

Don't get the D3200. It's the slightly upgraded variant of the D3100, and is overpriced.
The much better mid-end D5100 is available for much less than D3200, and still blows it out in everything you ask : Buy Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera Body Only (Black) with 4GB Card, Camera Bag Online at Best Price in India - Tradus.com
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!
 
 
Pernicious's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,248
Pernicious is very Notable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

@realandR3cys well, how is it cheaper? 25,500 for body only, vis a vis 26800 for full kit!
also, online reviews say 3200 is better. please elaborate
thanks for the response.
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #4
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
@realandR3cys well, how is it cheaper? 25,500 for body only, vis a vis 26800 for full kit!
also, online reviews say 3200 is better. please elaborate
I don't think anyone in their right minds who say that the D3200 is better of the lot.
Sure the D3200 has more MPs, and shoots video at better frames than D5100 - but really these things dosen't really matter, and can satisfy those only who buy off dSLRs for their spec sheet.

Firstly, the CMOS sensor in the D5100 is very very similar to the higherly priced D7000 - so it absolutely blows the D3200 in PQ.

Secondly, the D5100 has much better high ISO performance (thus better low light shots) and DR (Dynamic Range), a place where D3200 loses out due to it's higher density sensor.

Plus you get better build with the D5100, and lastly you do get that greatly advantageous swivel LCD.
There're also some minor places where the D5100 wins again, but these are are the main flagpoints IMO.

And regarding the link that i gave earlier, pardon me, that was a typo.
Cause the D5100 was available at the same price at Amazon.in few weeks ago.
Sadly that deal is no more.
Here you go for the new deal at 26.5K : Amazon.in: Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with AF-S 18-55mm VR Lens, 8GB Card, Camera Bag
ayanavish likes this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!
 
 
Pernicious's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,248
Pernicious is very Notable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
I don't think anyone in their right minds who say that the D3200 is better of the lot. Sure the D3200 has more MPs, and shoots video at better frames than D5100 - but really these things dosen't really matter, and can satisfy those only who buy off dSLRs for their spec sheet. Firstly, the CMOS sensor in the D5100 is very very similar to the higherly priced D7000 - so it absolutely blows the D3200 in PQ. Secondly, the D5100 has much better high ISO performance (thus better low light shots) and DR (Dynamic Range), a place where D3200 loses out due to it's higher density sensor. Plus you get better build with the D5100, and lastly you do get that greatly advantageous swivel LCD. There're also some minor places where the D5100 wins again, but these are are the main flagpoints IMO. And regarding the link that i gave earlier, pardon me, that was a typo. Cause the D5100 was available at the same price at Amazon.in few weeks ago. Sadly that deal is no more. Here you go for the new deal at 26.5K : Amazon.in: Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with AF-S 18-55mm VR Lens, 8GB Card, Camera Bag

okay, read some more. I think D5100 is better. D3200 looks good on paper. The amazon price would be 26500 -1500 cash back 25000 but It will reach on 8-10th. I am leaving on a holiday on the 9th! Any chance retail prices would be same? I generally always find retail prices more.
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!
 
 
Pernicious's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,248
Pernicious is very Notable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

bump
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-14   #7
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

Retail/Offline prices can never be this much competitive. One of the perks of getting online.

You should order it right way - maybe order it at a friend's place and ask him to pick it up. This deal is too good to miss out.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-14   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!
 
 
Pernicious's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,248
Pernicious is very Notable
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
Retail/Offline prices can never be this much competitive. One of the perks of getting online.

You should order it right way - maybe order it at a friend's place and ask him to pick it up. This deal is too good to miss out.
Missed the deal on D5100. Was getting it for 28ish, and also not sure would get by 8th!
Got a good deal on D5200 for 35099 only!! So ordered that! Lets hope flipkart delivers it by thursday! Decision good or not?

Now some tips on Photography!!
Thanks
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
adder's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 297
adder is highly Prominentadder is highly Prominentadder is highly Prominent
Re: DSLR D3200 Where to Buy

It think 35k for D5200 is a good deal.
adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which DSLR? chirkut Cameras and Photography Equipment 32 23-01-15 02:48 PM
DSLR- How much should I Expect for My DSLR? blufox Hot Deals and Price Guides 32 03-02-11 08:04 PM
WTBOther Dslr kooldude_vijit Closed/Completed Deals 1 20-01-11 08:27 AM
WTBOther Dslr m-JeRi Closed/Completed Deals 3 19-08-10 09:08 AM
Sonys New DSLR-A390 & DSLR-A290 (entry Level Dslr ) Stuge Cameras and Photography Equipment 19 12-06-10 11:22 AM


Tags
buy, d3200, dslr
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.