Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Networking and Security
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-06-08   #16
ibz
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Jesus save me from trolls.

Re: Do not buy GLB-502T Dlink modm+router

Originally Posted by bobazooka View Post
get a linksys modem come wifi router... as i doubt they have the modem selling seperately
Avoid linksys wireless routers like the plague.ive used a lot of routers over the years including linksys,netgear,d-link etc etc .but the WORST is linksys.the wireless signals drops like anythin randomly.get a netgear.theyre the best imho
ibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08   #17
Let me be honest !
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

The issue comes with most cheap modems when you connect it directly to the power socket ... connect through a UPS ... and it works fine.... the same is the case with this Dlink modem also ... and it was introduced coz it was cheap .... it was never fixed coz it would have made the cost go up ... simple ... the entire lot was dumped in India ... once the issue was discovered .... cant give any source for this info

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
This user has no status.

Edrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly Reputable

Try upgrading the firmware on the unit. This unit is known for a lot of issues, which are fortunately solved by a firmware upgrade. Unfortunately, you can't download and upgrade the firmware yourself, but you have to take the modem in to a D-Link service center and they do it for you. I dunno why they do this though. Not like it's some top-secret code or something! Just firmware, for cryin' out loud!!
Edrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08   #19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

madmaniac is very Notable

Try upgrading the firmware on the unit. This unit is known for a lot of issues, which are fortunately solved by a firmware upgrade. Unfortunately, you can't download and upgrade the firmware yourself, but you have to take the modem in to a D-Link service center and they do it for you. I dunno why they do this though. Not like it's some top-secret code or something! Just firmware, for cryin' out loud!!
ahem
as far as I know there is no firmware upgrade for this unit.

TeH Anime Fanatic
madmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
This user has no status.

Edrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly ReputableEdrill is highly Reputable

^^Like I said, the firmware is not available on their website or anything. You have to take the modem to their service center. Really stupid on D-Link's part. It'll just come back and bite them in the ass!
Edrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply