Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Sports and Fitness
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-03-11   #31
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
62.2km/h

Re: Ding's Bicycle Blog

Originally Posted by overkill View Post
The 3500 look ugly. I'd rather go for the Sporterra Sport.. or maybe even the Trek 7.1. Trek has Bontrager parts which IMO are much better quality, rest everything is the same as Schwinn.
I ride the 7.1 and I can vouch for this bike. Its definitely better than a Sporterra. But I have to tell you that you can use these hybrids mainly for roads and slow trails. If you are interested in doing a lot of offroading go for an MTB.

Gigabyte GA890GPA UD3H
2x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
Corsair F80 SSD
Sapphire HD5850
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Corsair Hx620
CoolerMaster CM690 II Adv
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech Mx518/Razor Mantis Speed

Dell E228wfp
AltecLancing-MX5021/Sennheiser HD555
Chavez Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-11   #32
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Just wanted to check. HNP, Overkill and SignOps did you guys go through with your plans of cycling? Hope it was not for nothing
Old 31-03-11   #33
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Chavez Ding View Post
Just wanted to check. HNP, Overkill and SignOps did you guys go through with your plans of cycling? Hope it was not for nothing
well....i guess i cant afford one right now
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11   #34
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Well I did one useful thing. I got my existing BSA Mach repaired. Cost me Rs.340. So if I can make a habit of cycling, my wife said she will get me a new one for her b'day. So I got a reason to cycle and got a reward if I keep at it.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11   #35
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Originally Posted by SignOps View Post
Well I did one useful thing. I got my existing BSA Mach repaired. Cost me Rs.340. So if I can make a habit of cycling, my wife said she will get me a new one for her b'day. So I got a reason to cycle and got a reward if I keep at it.
Ur wife gets you stuff on her b'day? That's awesome. Ride on my friend. Try for 20-25km every day by one month's time.
Old 01-04-11   #36
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Ur wife gets you stuff on her b'day? That's awesome. Ride on my friend. Try for 20-25km every day by one month's time.
If you notice, we both have a Win-Win situation. She buys me the bike and I live longer(exercise). Wah Wah !
SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11   #37
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Originally Posted by SignOps View Post
If you notice, we both have a Win-Win situation. She buys me the bike and I live longer(exercise). Wah Wah !
Yeah. Get a helmet and ride safe
Old 08-10-11   #38
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

helion is Notable

Opinions on this please

Hercules Mach 22'' Bicycles | Adults Cycles | Buy Bicycles Online | Cycle Manufacturers India | Bicycle Companies

and this:

https://www.bsahercules.com/Product-...es.asp?pid=239

Last edited by helion; 08-10-11 at 05:57 AM.
helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11   #39
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

You could try this forum BikesZone - Cycling &bull; Index page you will get a lot of feedback and help from there.
Old 08-10-11   #40
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

helion is Notable

You could try this forum BikesZone - Cycling &bull; Index page you will get a lot of feedback and help from there.
done already
helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11   #41
teh geeK!
[E]onian
now has 1311 posts.. :P

rajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famed

Ding, suggest bikes for diff prices na? like, 10k,15k and 20k odd...

me too planning to get one, but my college is 15km one way from home, not sure if i can handle that much...
Old 13-10-11   #42
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Hey man, I've been looking at this stuff for a while and I think it's time to take the plunge! . I've been asking around on http://www.togoparts.com since I'm in Singapore for a while to come but what would you suggest?
My usage would mostly be morning and weekend rides or short commutes (2-3 Km). Your bike looks very interesting but I have a wide variety available to me here and would appreciate your suggestions
Also wondering if a "fixie" is any good for the same...
Old 13-10-11   #43
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Originally Posted by rajan1311 View Post
Ding, suggest bikes for diff prices na? like, 10k,15k and 20k odd...

me too planning to get one, but my college is 15km one way from home, not sure if i can handle that much...
Sorry about the late reply. For around 10k a Hercules Act110 is a decent bike. For around 15k can look at Schwinn and Rockrider or even the entry level Trek & KHS bikes. For around 20K Trek and KHS are your best options, you can even search for Cannondale entry level bikes for around 20k. I suggest you go to a few bike shops and test ride if they let you before making a purchase. Visit Bums on the saddle in Jayanagar. The owner (Rohan) is a really helpful guy and will help you decide in what type of bike is suitable for you for your daily needs. 15k one way is no big deal if you are regular at riding. It may be a little tough initially but within a month it will be no biggie. The use of gears (better gear ratios) and the build quality (lighter frames and other components) gets better for costlier bikes and will require lesser effort.

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
Hey man, I've been looking at this stuff for a while and I think it's time to take the plunge! . I've been asking around on http://www.togoparts.com since I'm in Singapore for a while to come but what would you suggest?
My usage would mostly be morning and weekend rides or short commutes (2-3 Km). Your bike looks very interesting but I have a wide variety available to me here and would appreciate your suggestions
Also wondering if a "fixie" is any good for the same...
My bike is limited to regular road usage. If you are interested in doing a bit of off-road riding look at getting a MTB. The advantages of a hybrid is mainly efficiency and speed when compared to MTBs but comes at the cost of not being able to ride on off road trails. If efficiency and speed is all u care about then you can even go for a Roadbike with slick tires.

If you are a beginner I would suggest you stay away from a fixie. Get a geared hybrid or a MTB depending on what you will be using it for.
Old 13-10-11   #44
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

well as I said my usage is identical to yours at best. I don't like off-road plus that would require me to go across town for a dirt trail. Therefore a hybrid makes most sense. This shop is right next to my hostel: Integrated Riding LLP - Home is any of their stuff worth a look at?
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11   #45
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
well as I said my usage is identical to yours at best. I don't like off-road plus that would require me to go across town for a dirt trail. Therefore a hybrid makes most sense. This shop is right next to my hostel: Integrated Riding LLP - Home is any of their stuff worth a look at?
That looks like a bike component store. Buying individual parts and assembling the bike is fun if you are into it. But only if you have the know how of what parts go well with the rest. I suggest you get a complete bike at first. Look for brands like Trek, Schwinn, Cannondale, Bianchi, Merida. If you think you will use it on the road, then go for a Hybrid or a Road bike.
Post New Thread  Reply