Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-07-10   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

Icon14 Delhi Metro Discussion

airport, gurgaon metro thumbsup!

escalating costs of living thumbs down!
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Well, now I do!!

Arihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly Admirable
Icon14 Delhi Metro Discussion

Any news on when would the Metro run on the Central Secretariat - Qutub Minar strech?

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Arihant.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: Official Commonwealth Games 2010 -Delhi Thread

Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
Any news on when would the Metro run on the Central Secretariat - Qutub Minar strech?
dont know man! "eagerly awaiting the same" is a hahahahaing understatement.
Old 18-08-10   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

@Arihant.EXE - By the end of August. The trial runs are already on and the stations are nearing completion. I too am waiting for the metro to kick off on this stretch. Earlier tentative dates were 2nd week of August, but it has been pushed to the end of August now. From what I can see the finishing touches are underway and the metro stations at Yusuf Sarai is the one left with some work.
Old 19-08-10   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Well, now I do!!

Arihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly AdmirableArihant.EXE is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
dont know man! "eagerly awaiting the same" is a hahahahaing understatement.
Indeed it is. It was said that by the end of July, the Metro would be running on this very stretch. Its all "Tareekh pe Tareekh" since then.

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
@Arihant.EXE - By the end of August. The trial runs are already on and the stations are nearing completion. I too am waiting for the metro to kick off on this stretch. Earlier tentative dates were 2nd week of August, but it has been pushed to the end of August now. From what I can see the finishing touches are underway and the metro stations at Yusuf Sarai is the one left with some work.
Hope it doesn't get kicked further. I'm so hahahahaing sick with the ongoing traffic jams all over the city.
Arihant.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

The full Qutub Minar line is being kicked open on Friday. The metro will be thrown open to the general public at 1500 Hrs. I'll be riding the first day!
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

btw, travelled to ggn via metro today. feedback:

a. convenience: oh yes.
b. speed: not too good. 85 min for model town to huda city centre. they could've brought it down to 60.
c. availability: had to change at DU because the train i got from model town was only till central sec.
d. crowd: the train at model town was full. the one at DU started from there so it was empty and i got a seat. later, it got full but not jam packed.
e. time of journey: 7 40 am.
f. fare: 26.2(smart card) i think! not sure.
g. next step: connect airport line to dwarka and bring the dwarka line to gurgaon too! THAT would cut down traffic seriously! whole of west delhi will find it better than going to central delhi and then coming via south delhi and all.
h. god bless sreedharan.
i. one cab operator in my area was playing games two months back when i asked for a shared cab from there to my office.. time, place of drop/pickup and shit. i agreed to all and still he did not take me in on that. now, he calls me last thursdayon my roaming number(!) and is like butter at 30 C.

any further questions: shoot!
Old 06-09-10   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

How much time does it take from DU->Gurgaon? Also, C.Sec->Gurgaon?

Those two are going to be my most-used routes when I get back home. Is the line passing through Kailash Colony (near NP) done? If these 3 are more convenient than driving via NH8, I'll be most pleased.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

ill time it tomm for csec>ggn huda city center. DU>GGN HCC is 80 min or about. some halting in between..can reduce 5-7 min str8 by doing away with those.

metro map: http://www.gurgaon.co.in/images/metro_map_big2.jpg

now, you reach NP by first hitting CSEC. a little more time consuming. but might be worth on a day when you dont feel like driving. you'll get empty metro from ggn and then from csec ( NP line starts from there. btw, it goes till badarpur).

atleast GGN>CSEC/DU is best done by metro. why? not even a changeover of lines! NH8 has been hell lately. the traffic has grown way too much since april. dhaula kuan was always a bitch anyway.

but if you travel odd hours ( like before 7 30 in morning or after 9 30 in night), driving is better. at 7 30, model town to ggn is doable in 40 min on a good day.make it 30 on a day when ggn is having a public holiday. with a hot rod, make it 25.
Old 06-09-10   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

I usually hot-rod GGN-Vasant Vihar in about 25min. Weekdays, leaving GGN at around 11am-12pm.

VV to C-sec is another 10-15 min. That's still comparable to road, just minus the stress.
Old 08-09-10   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
How much time does it take from DU->Gurgaon? Also, C.Sec->Gurgaon?

Those two are going to be my most-used routes when I get back home. Is the line passing through Kailash Colony (near NP) done? If these 3 are more convenient than driving via NH8, I'll be most pleased.
It took me 35minutes from Saket to Chawari Bazar, its pretty awesome.

The Nehru Place line will be open by September end. Its def better than driving IMO, never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine reaching chawari in 35minutes! Now, I don't have to drive all the way to patel chowk, park my car there, run down to the metro station, stand in queue (I bought a metro pass).

The GGN line has def been facing some technical glitches, something I've not seen before. These days it seems pretty rampant. But I'm sure they'll iron it out with time.
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

it seems ggn has one of the stadia hosting CWG. so things will be quite hahahahaed up even after you cross airport and stuff via expressway. so metro would be the way to go.

but if they block metro for CWG too, it would be an 'all-holes-full' situation.
Old 08-09-10   #13
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

Are the Metro stations on the newly opened track (from Central Secretariat to Gurgaon) the venues of some kind for the CWG? I saw rainwater dripping from the roofs of some of them a few days ago.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10   #14
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely Distinguished
Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Are the Metro stations on the newly opened track (from Central Secretariat to Gurgaon) the venues of some kind for the CWG? I saw rainwater dripping from the roofs of some of them a few days ago.
this map is your friend

http://www.delhimetrorail.com/commut...o_map_big1.jpg

jawarharlal nehru stadium line is on trials right now .

Flickr Photography
Facebook Photography Page

Last edited by Stuge; 09-09-10 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling corrected
Stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
These politicians are the real traitors and terrorist of this country, if only a few of them can be publicly hanged.....
Wouldn't that just be a real treat?
Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
how much do you travel per day?

if you had a little more sense, you'd know that the excess fuel spent on a rainy day is way beyond what the city saves from electricity bills.
TBH, if folks on the road had a little sense and if the city was built to handle the climate that our country has had for the last ZILLION FSCKING YEARS, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

As it stands, rain is more nightmare than boon, at least in the capital.
Post New Thread  Reply