Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Laptops and Netbooks
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-02-12   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Exclamation Dealer Sold Me USED/Display Alienware M14x

Hi , i had an unfortunate incident today , when i went to buy a new Alienware M14x . I called up a dealer here in Cochin , and he told me he had an alienware in stock. I went there and asked to make sure its an unopened piece and only then bring it to the shop from the distributor . As the box came , I checked to see the cellotape was still on . I paid and took the laptop home without opening it .

I reached home and examined the box , found it was imported in october 2011. And the cellotape that was still on , was not the factory cellotape , but one that was stuck on top of that . A bit suspecious , i opened the box , the unit inside seemed brand new , and the plastic covers were still on , but the laptop was ket upside down inside the package .

I started up the system , to find that there was already as user account installer , and i booted straight into windows . . No configuring , nothing.
The username was entered as 'dell' . Right .

I went to the windows experience Index , and found that the test had already been done in November . I next went to the dell website to enter the info for the warranty , and again , the warranty ticker had already started ticking from Jan 9th 2012 .

Warranty Information

Ship Date: 10/8/2011
Services Provider Start Date End Date Days Remaining
POW (Parts only Warranty) Dell 1/9/2012 1/9/2013 334
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME Dell 1/9/2012 1/9/2013 334
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 10/9/2012 1/9/2013 92
XPS 24x7 Phone Technical Support Dell 10/9/2012 1/9/2013 92
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 10/8/2011 10/9/2012 242
XPS 24x7 Phone Technical Support Dell 10/8/2011 10/9/2012 242

The unit was bought today , and I was told this is the retail version , and not the online ordered one .

Please tell me how i can find more evidence as to know when the system was first fired up , and when the account was created.

killerduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12   #2
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Sangzeel is very Notable
Re: Dealer Sold Me USED/Display Alienware M14x

It was a careless part from your side, that you brought it to your home such a coslty item without checking it. Thats why it's always recommend to buy from dell showroom or directly from dell in gurgaon NRC and it would be hard for you now to even return it back if not satisfied, when purchasing from unknown dealer or if not a regular. You should call dell cc and give all the info you have with you about your Lappy, they will tell you all the information about it. Like real owner, date of purchase, if bought from outside of India and went through recertification of system to work with dell India warranty ect. You should call them ASAP in the morning during their working hrs. Also try asking your dealer if he can give you another piece of it. Which I doubt that he would not agree with.
But if if it is a original and first hand Lappy forget os part just reformat/repartition it and install fresh os like most of the gamers do.
Sangzeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
hmmm....

napster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominent

@killerduck: I check with a friend of mine who worked for Dell india.... What he told me is that most of the time the Warrenty starts the time the product is shipped form the Depo... Call them up and make sure that it taken care... They might ask you for proof of purchase make sure that you have the bill and stuff... I guess you bught the Lappie from a proper dealer and not some local shop @ cochin .. by the way where did u pick the lappie frm... make sure that you check on these stuff the next time you get parts from any retail store
Old 11-02-12   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian

killerduck is highly Prominentkillerduck is highly Prominentkillerduck is highly Prominent

Well , i just spoke to the dealer , he said that the distributor for Dell in Cochin also happens to be dealer , and they admitted that the box had been opened and then re-sealed . The dealer is a legit dealer , and one of the best in Cochin , i have bought all my Pcs from him , and know him quite well. So he has agreed to give me a new one .He asked me to take it to the shop now , and he'll have a new one ready for me .

All's well that ends well ......but lesson learnt .
wingzero, Luffy and napster like this.
Old 11-02-12   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Sangzeel is very Notable

Awesome man.. Put some pics of it after you bring it to your home sweet home.
Enjoy your small powerhouse.
Old 11-02-12   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Returns.

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Originally Posted by killerduck View Post
Well , i just spoke to the dealer , he said that the distributor for Dell in Cochin also happens to be dealer , and they admitted that the box had been opened and then re-sealed . The dealer is a legit dealer , and one of the best in Cochin , i have bought all my Pcs from him , and know him quite well. So he has agreed to give me a new one .He asked me to take it to the shop now , and he'll have a new one ready for me .

All's well that ends well ......but lesson learnt .
Awesome, do you mind posting you configure and the price..?!

Sent from my Optimus 2X
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean9/pc/SEB47.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1301111051.png
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-12   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
havoknation.in

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

@killerduck
any update man?
kauffmann likes this.
nitinbalyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-12   #8
teh nuB!
[E]onian

killerduck is highly Prominentkillerduck is highly Prominentkillerduck is highly Prominent

Got my brand new system , and all is well again with the world . The laptop is just great , been playing a lot of BF3 with a mix of ultra and high settings , and running absolutely wonderfully .
Posting some parting shots with my old Macbook Pro , which i Sold. Only problem is ,my work requires I get a Thinkpad . So might have to let this go to get a thinkpad x220 . Am trying to get the workplace to get the new one for me , but not working out too well for now

Old 18-02-12   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

You should be careful When you are buying costly stuff like that
Anyway i suggesting you to lodge a complain of them with all the info you have with the product to the CNBC AWAAZ Pehredar
Recently a friend of my got success in getting a new phone completely replaced by some online retailer shop
These actually can do your complain and give you justice in such fraud cases
here is the Facebook link to them
Pehredar - Info | Facebook
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-12   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Sangzeel is very Notable

I think he's happy now.-) अंत भला तो सब भला.
Coolu likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply