Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
Creative Previews New PCIe Sound Cards - Sound Blaster ZxR, Zx, and Z
by thebanik 17-08-12

Creative previews new PCI-E Sound Cards - Sound Blaster ZxR, Zx, and Z

Creative, the brand that gave us Sound Blaster, which was incidentally my first external audio card, recently announced a new ultra high performance series of PCI-Express cards, namely the Z Series. With the advent of decent onboard audio solutions on motherboards, more and more enthusiasts are staying away from the add-on card, so this move was expected I would say.

The three sound cards being announced today are Sound Blaster Z, Sound Blaster Zx and finally Sound Blaster ZxR, and the price is directly proportional to the number of letters each card has. These would be previewed by Creative in Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from 15-19 August 2012.

Now to the features of the sound cards, As mentioned earlier, the top-end card is the ZxR with Creative claiming to have the best gaming and entertainment audio performance of any sound card. The soundcard uses studio-grade components including an external digital to analog converter able to deliver 127 dB SNR. As is expected of such a high end audio card, it has sockets for swappable op-amps and a high-end 80 mW into 600-ohm headphone amplifier with 192 kHz pass through. This card also has an external Audio Control Module with a built-in dual microphone array and microphone and headphone connections. It features a proprietary connector for a DBpro daughter board that offers optical outputs, professional grade 123 dB ADCs, and RCA auxiliary inputs and an optical input for recording.

The next soundcard is the Sound Blaster Zx. This card has all the hardware and software features of the ZxR except for the DBpro daughter board.

Last but not the least, Sound Blaster Z has all the hardware and software features of the Zx except for the external Audio Control Module.

The cards will put you back by $249.99, $149.99, and $119.99 respectively with availability slated for December 2012 though no news of Indian price or availability

Last edited by thebanik; 21-08-12 at 08:23 PM.
Views 2945 Comments 7
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old 17-08-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable
Re: Creative Previews New PCIe Sound Cards - Sound Blaster ZxR, Zx, and Z

What ever the price show in outside country, When it came to India it's really hard to afford this card for our RIG.
Old 18-08-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

good piece of hardware but also comes at good price
Indian price may be around 8k-16k or so
Old 20-08-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I got the alpine.

subham is Notable

amazing soundcard this is
Old 21-08-12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I got the alpine.

subham is Notable

What is the price of this
Old 21-08-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by subham View Post
What is the price of this
It's didn't decided yet in Indian market price.
Old 23-08-12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery
But does it add real value for money for a gaming rig

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2
Old 23-08-12
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by satyanjoy View Post
But does it add real value for money for a gaming rig

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2
It will bro.
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
SaleAudio Hardware Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 abhineetnazi Closed/Completed Deals 13 19-09-12 03:21 PM
SaleAudio Hardware CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy Value 7.1 Sound Card ramdante Closed/Completed Deals 2 18-10-11 12:13 PM
WTBAudio Hardware Creative Sound Blaster Sound Card jrockers Closed/Completed Deals 1 07-05-11 09:39 AM
SaleAudio Hardware CREATIVE X-Fi Sound Blaster 5.1 USB prithivi46 Closed/Completed Deals 3 15-10-10 04:52 PM
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy Value xXx R a H u L xXx Closed/Completed Deals 21 21-10-09 06:15 AM

Tags
announces, blaster, cards, creative, pcie, pciexpress, previews, reveals, sound, zxr