Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Do It Yourself...

Rig Gallery
Corsair SPEC-04 Build

PC build inside a budget tempered glass case the Corsair SPEC-04.
Everything is good in this case except one thing, personally I feel the front panel should be on the tempered glass side.

Hope you like the build.
Thanks
Submerged and Devang121 like this.
November 2010
rakesh_sharma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Corsair SPEC-04 Build

Beautiful, clean build. I am actually interested in buying this case so would be really helpful if you could answer a few questions of mine:

1 - Is the HDD cage removable? Is it attached via removable screws or permanently attached with rivets which can only be drilled out?
2 - Can you mount a 120mm fan behind the HDD cage? Does that semi-blocked front panel hinder air flow?
3 - Is there enough space to route the CPU connector behind the motherboard?

Thanks.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Do It Yourself...

Rig Gallery

rakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Great

Originally Posted by Submerged View Post
Beautiful, clean build. I am actually interested in buying this case so would be really helpful if you could answer a few questions of mine:

1 - Is the HDD cage removable? Is it attached via removable screws or permanently attached with rivets which can only be drilled out?
2 - Can you mount a 120mm fan behind the HDD cage? Does that semi-blocked front panel hinder air flow?
3 - Is there enough space to route the CPU connector behind the motherboard?

Thanks.
1 Yes HDD case can be easily screwed out.
2 Yes, I have mounted 3 fans in front. And yes small inlet do effect , but since overall air inlet covers 50% of front panel area, it seems not a great performance difference for me as i run all fans at low rpm.. Air flow is good as I am able to stable OC i7-8700K up to 5.1GHz,,but due to crappy TIM on these chips I keep all cores at 4.7 till i delid the CPU..
3. Very difficult,, one have to route the CPU power cable way before installing the motherboard. There is a proper cutout on motherboard tray, but since I am using RMx PSU, which have a capacitor right close to connector end, I am forced to route this cable via bigger cutout.
Submerged likes this.
rakesh_sharma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable

Originally Posted by rakesh_sharma23 View Post
1 Yes HDD case can be easily screwed out.
2 Yes, I have mounted 3 fans in front. And yes small inlet do effect , but since overall air inlet covers 50% of front panel area, it seems not a great performance difference for me as i run all fans at low rpm.. Air flow is good as I am able to stable OC i7-8700K up to 5.1GHz,,but due to crappy TIM on these chips I keep all cores at 4.7 till i delid the CPU..
3. Very difficult,, one have to route the CPU power cable way before installing the motherboard. There is a proper cutout on motherboard tray, but since I am using RMx PSU, which have a capacitor right close to connector end, I am forced to route this cable via bigger cutout.
Thanks a lot for the info man. Appreciate it.

Glad to hear the HDD cage is easily removable and 3 fans can be mounted in front. And it looks like all these Spec cases have CPU cable routing issues due to the lack of sufficient space. But as long as I don't have to route it through the front, I don't mind doing what you've done and route it before installing the board.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply