Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 21-02-12   #91
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Re: Corsair Carbide 400R -- No Name Yet

nopes

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #92
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Currently Working on Project W

NAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
@NAV33N, what did you do for hiding the cables as Lian Li's are not known for their cable management.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Spent 2 Whole Days on Cable Management
also,designed a custom vertical mounting mechanism for my SSD which hides some cables,but even if i don't hide them the MDPC sleeve simply looks amazing

@NAV33N

Any suggestions sire on the paintjob?
if you are doing a theme build,i'll say stick with the theme.
the paint job on my case was more of a Random collection of bits and pieces that popped out of my mind
NAV33N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #93
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Say hello to my little friend!

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Originally Posted by NAV33N View Post
Spent 2 Whole Days on Cable Management
also,designed a custom vertical mounting mechanism for my SSD which hides some cables,but even if i don't hide them the MDPC sleeve simply looks amazing

if you are doing a theme build,i'll say stick with the theme.
the paint job on my case was more of a Random collection of bits and pieces that popped out of my mind
Ahan!! Amazing again , mate

Well let me get the case. Will post some pictures and then we might move towards the sleeving etc. I might go for a black and white look with possibly white sleevings.

NZXT sleeved cables worth investing? Or should I sleeve the cables myself? I doubt my GX550W cables are long enough to match the Lian LI..any suggestions?

For PSU I was eyeing either the Seasonic X-750 or something like FSP Aurum 700.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #94
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Currently Working on Project W

NAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly AdmirableNAV33N is highly Admirable

Ahan!! Amazing again , mate

Well let me get the case. Will post some pictures and then we might move towards the sleeving etc. I might go for a black and white look with possibly white sleevings.

NZXT sleeved cables worth investing? Or should I sleeve the cables myself? I doubt my GX550W cables are long enough to match the Lian LI..any suggestions?

For PSU I was eyeing either the Seasonic X-750 or something like FSP Aurum 700.
NZXT cables are ok types,not really good in the quality,wires are good though the only thing that sucks is their sleeves
if you plan to sleeve cables then i'll say MDPC FTW.however if you don't then NZXT presleeved cables will also do.
about the PSU i'll say get a Silverstone Strider 750W 100% modular PSU as i have.
NAV33N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #95
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished

Wait for Bitfinex cables...way better quality.
Old 21-02-12   #96
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Wait for Bitfinex cables...way better quality.

Alright!! Will do. When are they coming to India by the way? XtremeGraphix folks said they will be bringing the Spectre Pro fans soon..still waiting for a post from their side.

And just saw that the XSPC Rasa RX360 Xtreme kits now are coming pre-equipped with the RayStorm..YAY!

Last edited by ChironX; 21-02-12 at 05:35 PM.
Old 21-02-12   #97
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

@krashnburn

I will try n get a good painter. Thing is I live in the suburbs (around 40km from the city itself) so it's kinda hard to carry the case all the time to and fro from a painter, but will give it a try nevertheless.

@Sumonpathak, @dedasdude,

Any good painters around in our city guys? Someone that you know?

@NAV33N

Any suggestions sire on the paintjob?
Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
nopes
Alright!! Will do. When are they coming to India by the way? XtremeGraphix folks said they will be bringing the Spectre Pro fans soon..still waiting for a post from their side.

And just saw that the XSPC Rasa RX360 Xtreme kits now are coming pre-equipped with the RayStorm..YAY!
No painters yet. BUT!!!! i bought a compressed air spray painting machine. only thing is the motor on it is kinda pooped.
everything else i fixed.
so... if you can help me fix the motor (financially?) i can paint their cabby for free or a discount.
Old 21-02-12   #98
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

^^what exactly is the problem with the motor?
Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #99
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
^^what exactly is the problem with the motor?
Please take this discussion offline or to @dedasdude 's thread where he has posted pics of it
Sumonpathak, ChironX and dedasdude like this.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #100
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator

@krashnburn,

Bro, what are the problems I can face while trying to paint the case matte black using spray cans? I haven't done it before, but would like to give the case a clean, new look. Years of usage has dulled out the blacks a bit in my opinion.

I saw your pics where you painted the 400R insides. Please give me some tips as looks like I might have to paint the case myself (well, until that motor gets fixed)

Just got a quote from a friend for that RX360 kit, and looks like I might have to settle for a new 240 mm one or a used 360 one.

Tagging @dredream if he wants to sell his Thermochill PA120.3 RAD!!

@Man,@mav2000 suggestions please!

Last edited by ChironX; 21-02-12 at 07:15 PM.
Old 21-02-12   #101
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Bro, what are the problems I can face while trying to paint the case matte black using spray cans?
For starters try to figure out how often you will put things into the case and back out. The more often you plan to make changes to the hardware and cable management etc the higher the chance this paint can get damaged.

What could happen is - paint can start chipping and then peeling. While painting, some of it can run (but this is not a big deal as you can sand most of it done)

How can you avoid this -
Make sure you sand the case well and get enough coats of paint so it doesn't chip easily. If possible get a base coat or two of primer before the actual paint
DIY painting should happen in a well ventilated room free of excessive moisture - the bubbles in the paint result in paint peeling after a few months.

Painting using spray cans can prove to be expensive in the longer run - a can costs Rs. 200 and upwards. Resultantly in achieving what you set out to do, you might end up spending 2k+ on this. Instead you can get a pro painter to do the same job for about half the cost and get better results.

Another alternative is to get the inside frame de-riveted and then powder coated. This will work out to be cheaper than painting and the finish will be overall better and void of chipping and peeling.
wingzero and ChironX like this.
KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #102
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator

Thanks @krashnburn

Have a little setback, the RX360 with Raystorm will take around 20k to be imported @__@

So now will have to look for either a 240 mm RAD or a used 360 mm RAD.
Old 21-02-12   #103
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

here are a couple of tips to painting with spray cans

1. use 800 grit sandpaper (or the finest you can get, MUST BE FINE) to give the surface a little bit of key for the paint to hold on.
2. If you are changing colour or the paint type it is always a good idea to spray with a boundary layer(special paint) to make sure the diff types of paint dont chemically react to each other and form blotches.
3. IF changing the color type, better to primer the paint again. Dont forget to sand the primer with fine sandpaper to allow the paint to stick to.
4. dont wait too long between paints. if the paint dries completely, you will need to key the surface again as the new layer wont "grab" on the old layer.
5. Always try to paint in a moisture free, dust-less environment.

try downloading the first season of "wheeler dealers" from discovery turbo.
i learnt a lot of body work stuff from that show. they explain stuff realllllyyyy well.
KrashNBurn and ChironX like this.
dedasdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12   #104
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

forgot to add. DO NOT USE HEATGUNS TO HEAT THE METAL UP before or after painting. it will ruin your work

thanks for the rep @krashnburn
dedasdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12   #105
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator

Another thought : Is there any way to change the back plate of Carbide 400R? Maybe to push down the I/O Panels a bit lower as to get thicker radiators in? I have a bit of space between my Maximus IV Gene Z and PSU so if the motherboard can be pushed down a bit, then it might allow installation of custom LC in the kit.

@krashnburn, @Man, @dedasdude..ur thoughts guys?
Post New Thread  Reply