Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Cooler Master TPC 812  Review
Cooler Master TPC 812 Review
Date: 28-06-12
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: mav2000

Index
Unboxing 
Index

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my review of the new Cooler Master TPC 812 air cooler.

Air coolers as a category have been stagnant for a while now and all we see are different manufacturers trying to copy each others designs. So we see Prolimatech copying their own design and re launching the Megahalems under a different name. We see Thermalright copying the twin tower design of the Noctue NH D14 and releasing two different coolers with a similar design. Noctua, themselves seem to be in a bit of a slumber as far as air coolers go and have been concentrating their attention more on fans than heatsinks.

I have not seen anything massively new from any of the top guys for the past year or so and therefore the release of the TPC 812 from Cooler Master comes as a bit of a surprise. In fact, when Cooler Master contacted me about doing a review for a new cooler, I was a bit skeptical, but that only lasted till I read up on the specs and I got back to them with a resounding "Yes".

Keep in mind that I have little to none of my air cooling equipment with me anymore, so I was a bit worried about how I am going to go about this. Also since all my older reviews were on the AMD platform, I could not go back and use those data points on a new platform.
In a bit of a dilemma, I rung up an old mate and he was kind enough to lend me a Corsair H50. I had my stock Intel heatsink (I wonder how come thats still around...and I have never used one so it took me a while to figure out how to mount the damn thing) and custom liquid cooling, So I thought to myself, these coolers when compared to the TPC 812 should be able to give a good idea to users out there as to where air cooling/all in one liquid cooling/stock cooling and custom liquid cooling will all stand.

So, here we are, probably a year and a half since my last air cooler review all ready to go back and take an in depth look at the TPC 812. Lets start with the specifications:

CPU Socket
Intel Socket: LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775 *
AMD Socket: FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
Dimension: 138 x 103 x 163mm (5.4 x 4.1 x 6.4 in)
Heat Sink Dimensions: 134 x 74 x 158 mm (5.3 x 2.9 x 6.2 in)
Heat Sink Material: Copper Base / 2 Vapor Chambers 6 Heatpipes / Aluminum Fins
Heat Sink Weight: 826g (1.83 lb)
Heat Pipes Dimensions: 6mm
Fan Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25mm (4.7 x 4.7 x 1 in)
Fan Speed: 600 2,400 RPM (PWM) 10%
Fan Airflow: 19.17 - 86.15 CFM 10%
Fan Air Pressure: 0.31 4.16 mm H2O 10%
Fan Noise Level (dB-A): 19 - 40 dBA
Bearing Type: Long Life Sleeve Bearing

So whats so special about this and why was I all excited to review this piece of kit?

Well the answer is up there hidden in the spec sheet itself. Its the use of a vapor chamber technology along with the 6 heatpipes that makes me think this could go one up on a lot of air coolers out there in the market. Lets move on to page number 2 and take a look at how this cooler is supposed to work.

Index
Unboxing 

Tools
Add to mav2000's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Unboxing (Page 1 of 5)    >  >>
By mav2000 10-07-12
Re: Cooler Master TPC 812 Review

New review for you guys...please share if you like it.
By Xeo 10-07-12

Excellent review.
The amount of fins a company could add to compete and/or beat the D-14 was getting to be ridiculous.
By ManISinJpr 10-07-12

VERY Nice review, thorough and covering all angles.

but the technology explantion makes a question rise up which I have thought about previously too.

These are all vertical het pipe coolers ans so logically would work best if they were working vertically..
all the cases that can fit these coolers are vertical so the o[r[[[i[[[entation becomes horizontal for these coolers?

so what do you think is the solution?
By mav2000 10-07-12

I dont know if that logic holds good, but yes you have sowed some doubts in my mind. But basically maybe the cycle of condensation would e more effecient in a vertical setup as compared to a horizontal one? I dont know, have never tested that. Maybe @thebanik would like to come and share some ideas as well.
By ManISinJpr 10-07-12

Yes, @mav2000, I want to know about this once and for all !!

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Yes, @mav2000, I want to know about this once and for all !!
By uniquegamer 12-07-12

Very good review.
By mav2000 12-07-12

Thanks man....
By ManISinJpr 12-07-12

Can you test the system lying down on its side with the cooler in vertical position and then compare that to the horizontal position, even 1 to 2 degrees would give us something to talk about !
Thanks
By mav2000 12-07-12

Let me try this weekend and will get back to you...
By aayush151 13-07-12
Awesome review

By mav2000 13-07-12

Thanks man
By Timon 04-08-12

My friend @mav2000, this one is one hell of a good review mate. Keep this coming bro.
By mav2000 22-08-12

Thanks man
By syedthedevil 23-08-12

@mav2000 Excellent review as usual.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search