Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-01-12   #31
Cat in the rat race
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Incognito

Re: Cooler Master CM 690 II Mod : Help?

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
I found one listing of this in OLX from April 2011
Have written to that person, lets see if we are lucky (very slim chance)
Else we will have to buy it from that website or similar ones
Was going through techpowerup forums when stumbled upon this:

MY HAF 932 Happy And Friendship | techPowerUp Case Modding Gallery

Another link : http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2881.html

Looks amazing ( An overdose of white, though ). This is what I intend to do with the CM 690 II. But looks like I might have to part ways with the case. Installing a non-modular PSU and components with it is an absolute pain.

It took me close to 3 hrs yesterday to get everything out of the case, and reinstall every component and do a layer 1 cable management ( Since I had to install my new Maximus IV Gene Z ) and after everything was zip tied and all, the back cover won't just fit back in

Had to leave it like that. The front cover looks good while the back side is ugly. Secondly, the motherboard cut out is odd. I can't install backplates for aftermarket coolers 'after' I have put in my motherboard. Sucks, really.

I had eyes on In-Win Dragon Rider. An awesome case, loads of space and modding capability, and a very decent price for a full tower.

I had to write this post big, since my idea of buying the Gene Z was part of a process. I wanted to make a Small, silent and enthusiast level PC. I never liked huge cases like HAF-X and they take a lot of space. But the lack of cheap, good mid tower cases with proper cable management routes has put a serious dent on my plan.

I remember seeing a build in Tom's Hardware where they built a PC in Fractal Design Arc Midi, with Gene Z, i7-2600k and a PNY XLR8 liquid cooled GTX 580. Man, that was sweet!

Still don't understand the logic behind most of the modding stuff being virtually absent in India since us here have a very throbbing modding community. Most of the modders here have to either make-do stuff themselves or order from foreign websites incurring huge holes in their pockets. That seriously turns off any aspiring modder when he or she hears about the total cost of a mod.

@krashnburn , @Sumonpathak, any comments/suggestions? @Vicky_quaker -- tokeo add korlam

Last edited by ChironX; 16-01-12 at 10:37 PM.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-12   #32
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bhod Bhod!

Vicky_quaker is highly ProminentVicky_quaker is highly Prominent

dude...lancool... or the ghetto chaap mods i had suggested earlier

what really got me hooked is their simple but effective cable channeling ..and not to mention the 2 -tier HDD cage section that can dismantled at your will into 2 pieces

So dont loose hope.....
Old 16-01-12   #33
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

erm...dramel that SOB....

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

also...u can remove the hdd cage

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12   #34
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Look at the BitFenix Survivor.
Just a suggestion.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-12   #35
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bhod Bhod!

Chironi..... dude....Check da PM`s...aah what...

K63 is hereby ruled out to the fact that there is very less space btween the side cover and mobo plate..a non modular smps..well u`ll be where u are with ur 690
http://www.techspot.com/review/408-g...up/page10.html

Heres a chap with exactly ur problem, but, with a tempest...Untill some shows him how to get it done with gain a tx 750..non modular and loads of connectors
http://www.overclock.net/t/903788/ca...-corsair-750tx
http://www.overclock.net/t/903788/ca...rsair-750tx/10

and now to the phantom...trust me the best looker in terms of appeal + cbl mgmt..just look below..again with tx750..and its WHITE
nzxt phantom and cable management done! - General [M]ayhem

So beta, looks like panty phanty for u
Vicky_quaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-12   #36
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Vicky_quaker View Post
K63 is hereby ruled out to the fact that there is very less space btween the side cover and mobo plate..a non modular smps..well u`ll be where u are with ur 690
If you @ChironX really want a new case and don't want to spend a lot of money, get a Corsair 400R. Lotsa space between the side panel and the motherboard plate. Good ventilation, cable routing options. Since you will mod it and paint the exterior, the inferior paint quality shouldn't matter.
JD666 likes this.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-12   #37
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bhod Bhod!

@@Krash: well chiron had initially ruled out the carbide 400R, henece we looked at models other than Cm and corsair.
But thanks ton for your input..maybe chiron will get more kanfused
Vicky_quaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12   #38
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Hey check this out EL Wire/Lightstrips/EL Fans : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

and then check this out

Performance Pcs Stuff
KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12   #39
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

I did, thanks! Will order cold cathode tubes and EL wires from there. Let's see.

ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12   #40
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

vivek doda is very Notable

for logo use engraving on colored acrylic and with some same design colored stickers of the colors u want at back will form the color combo u want.
for front and side panel intake use enermax tb trio fas,ther r having awesome appearance.
vivek doda is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply