Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-01-12   #16
Cat in the rat race
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Incognito

Re: Cooler Master CM 690 II Mod : Help?

Am still on the hunt for a good design. I might have to buy some of the mesh too if I have to redesign everything.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12   #17
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Don't know photoshop, so hand sketched one:

Let me know what you think guys.
wingzero likes this.
Old 11-01-12   #18
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Kudos!! That's the way to go.
Even if you can't use Photoshop make several designs like this and finalize on something and then set about executing it.

First reps given.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

PS that's a really nice sketch. Shows that you have skillful hands.
ChironX likes this.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12   #19
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
Kudos!! That's the way to go.
Even if you can't use Photoshop make several designs like this and finalize on something and then set about executing it.

First reps given.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

PS that's a really nice sketch. Shows that you have skillful hands.

Thanks Bro! Drew that in office Sorry for the red ink though.

Now it comes to the tough part : The CM Storm logo in mid, and the two 120 MM fans to accommodate. I am thinking of cutting a metal plate according to fan specs and screwing it to front panel.

For the CM Storm logo, already I've hit a roadblock. There are no good laser etching places in Kolkata, so my options are to get a sticker (that'd not be good ) or hand draw it on the acrylic. I am thinking of smoked acrylic and white color.

Third, suggest me some good white LED fans. I saw Overclock3D guys suggest a TRON mod to the bitfenix shinobi, and the suggestion was awesome, don't know how it'd go for the CM 690 II though. He told to attach LED strips by two sides and top of the case, outlining it.

Anyways, I will add more sketches tomorrow. Thanks for the rep, gives me that extra VROOM

Cheers,
Chiron
Old 11-01-12   #20
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
Sorry for the red ink though.
Lol Why sorry!?? Anything works as long as we can see it.

There are no good laser etching places in Kolkata, so my options are to get a sticker
@mav2000 got the ROG logo done on your rig in acrylic. Have a chat with him. If there are more designs to be cut out (I want one or two done too) then we can give it all together and get it done.

Third, suggest me some good white LED fans
Xigmatek had made some decent white LED fans. Corsair 400Rs come with white ones. If you can get someone to sell em off for colors they'd prefer you could trade. Speak to @gadzetz he may have some white LED fans.

The CM Storm logo in mid, and the two 120 MM fans to accommodate.
I took a look at my case and I doubt the 2x 120 mm fans will leave enough space for the Storm logo to be large enough to be clearly visible.
Old 12-01-12   #21
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

@krashnburn I checked with mav but he said he doesn't know anyone in Kol

What to do bro? btw, I mailed MNPCTECH a couple of days back, and they replied that their hands were full till March :O

But I guess I'll go bankrupt if I start importing everything. Also, I saw Antec Eleven hundred and liked it's minimalistic design. Didn't know it was a full tower until I checked the reviews!!! And the case is not available in India.

What to do? Suggestions?
Old 12-01-12   #22
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

If this is your first mod don't buy a new case for it.

Don't bother reaching out to MNPC you will not only go bankrupt, you will have pawn your kidneys too.

Ask Mav for the reference of the guy who did the work for him in Bangalore. Once it is done, we can ship it to you to Kolkatta. How? - we will figure that out later.
Old 12-01-12   #23
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Great, will do. Let me ask him.

Alright, while I get the info from him, I have thought of another few designs.

1.How about a Temjin like design? 3 fans at the side and the top half replaced by acrylic? Will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.
2.If somehow I can outline the case with LED strips/really thin white CCFL, giving the case a TRON themed look (would be awesome if someone can pull this off!)

3.After seeing IAMXTREME's mod I am also thinking of getting one logo done like that. Maybe an acrylic box (with smoked acrylic and custom etching/paint job).

Let me know your thoughts.

Btw, where did vicky go?

Last edited by ChironX; 12-01-12 at 07:59 PM.
Old 13-01-12   #24
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

@krashnburn

How about this one?

Old 13-01-12   #25
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

me wants the design for that...have the same cabby

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12   #26
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Will check from home. Firewall blocked it here at work
Old 14-01-12   #27
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Here's the second sketch, the CM 690 II 'TRON' edition :

Sumonpathak likes this.
Old 14-01-12   #28
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Looks very nice @ChironX.

For the thin CCFL strips here is my suggestion if we can get it (I been looking at these for a long while)
EL Wire at Xoxide.com - EL Wire
Old 14-01-12   #29
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
Looks very nice @ChironX.

For the thin CCFL strips here is my suggestion if we can get it (I been looking at these for a long while)
EL Wire at Xoxide.com - EL Wire
That's exactly what I was looking for!!!! @krashnburn

How can we get it here? Any distributor?

It'd be AWESOME!
Old 14-01-12   #30
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

I found one listing of this in OLX from April 2011
Have written to that person, lets see if we are lucky (very slim chance)
Else we will have to buy it from that website or similar ones
Post New Thread  Reply