Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-09-11   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯°□°)

Converse Canvas Shoes in the Washing Machine?

Hey,
I wanted to know if it's safe to put Converse Canvas shoes in the washing machine for a good clean? I generally stick to the toothbrush and detergent/toothpaste method, but due to lack of time I'm forced to look for quicker methods.

Cheers
Kauffmann
PC: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ @ 2.7Ghz - Cooled by OCZ Vendetta 2 - ECS 8200A Motherboard - 4GB DDR2 RAM - XFX Nvidia Gefore 9800GT - 1TB HDD (WD Caviar Blue 640GB + Seagate 500GB) - DVD-RW - Packed in CoolerMaster Elite 335 chassis. Laptop (Dell Studio 15):Intel Core2Duo T8100 - 3GB DDR2 RAM - ATi 4250 HD - 320GB HDD - DVD-RW and the works. Gadgets: iPhone 3GS 32GB - Dell Axim x51v PDA (Up for sale) - Philips VOIP 841 Skype Handset - Logitech Cordless Skype Handset (Up for sale) - Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Camera.

My country! In thy days of glory past
A beauteous halo circled round thy brow and worshipped as a deity thou wast—
Where is thy glory, where the reverence now? Thy eagle pinion is chained down at last,
And grovelling in the lowly dust art thou, Thy minstrel hath no wreath to weave for thee
Save the sad story of thy misery! Well—let me dive into the depths of time
And bring from out the ages, that have rolled, A few small fragments of these wrecks sublime
Which human eye may never more behold
And let the guerdon of my labour be,
My fallen country! One kind wish for thee!
- To my native land by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-11   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: Converse Canvas Shoes in the Washing Machine?

yup u can... Do wear them to the meet on sat.. okay?
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-11   #3
Banned
Mod's fill this.. ROFL ! hahah

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

Noooooo... !!!

I remember, my red converse was so neat and clean like new after a washing machine trip, whereas my friend's purple converse turned the white laces to Purple and the color faded to the extent that you'll hate it. !!

After then I stopped converse and now I'm PUMA fan.
Have a nice collection of puma too. ^^
invader likes this.
2. A Bike is to never be compared with Car.
3. Old members are superior no matter how much knowledge you hold.
4. Try to keep the troll-suckers happy else they will make you quit the thread. (unless they won't be sleeping for nights.)
5. Modding and assembling a Pc are 2 completely different things.
6. Money is nothing, Its worthy when you have friends and a Life.
7. Honey Singh doesn't mean vulgar in all songs.
8. No Matter how much you love English Sawngs, some Hindi Sawng are always above them in your heart.

You read it because I wasted my 5 minute, Now Thank me.
Animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-11   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

okay.. remove laces and put into washing machine.. put some color fastener as well while you are at it... and some eezee for the soft feel!!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-11   #5
Banned

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

Still the risk is there
Why not go a easy hand wash ?

By the way, Which color you own Kauffmann?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Here it goes :

2 pair of shoes are not in pic but they are awesome too ^^

Old 28-09-11   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯°□°)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Hey JD, hope I'll be able to make it. Our caretaker is leaving back for her hometown, so it's pretty much upto me to take care of all the meals, etc. I'll surely try my best. Hope to see you guys.

Anyway, coming back to the topic, I did try the machine wash, I put them in a pillow a case and put it on cold wash and low spin. After spending 10minutes trying to figure out the program functions on my washing machine, thanks to the faded symbols on the knobs, I got it running.

They cleaned pretty well, but to top it off I gave the white toe bit a cleaning later on with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Let's see how they look when they dry. All in all, it was a breeze cleaning them.

You just got to shove them in a pillow case, close the open-end, I used one of the shoe laces to tie it.

@xplodee - Nice collection, Pumas a wee bit more expensive than Converse and I haven't really faced any problem with them till now.

Btw, one pair is Navy Blue and the other one is Dark Green.
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-11   #7
Banned

Wow gratz

Update me with the toothbrush and toothpaste cleaning
The white portion shining now ?
If its so, I will try it too
Old 02-10-11   #8
teh nuB!
[E]onian

freshseasons is very Notable

If you have 2 pair of Converse shoes and girlfriend you wash them with hands.Baking soda, lemon , kid siblings toothbrush etc.

aah but however, if you have more than 6 pairs of converse shoes and no Girlfriend you put them up in frigging washing machine shut the lid and mind up and just forget about it.
freshseasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11   #9
Banned

Originally Posted by freshseasons View Post
If you have 2 pair of Converse shoes and girlfriend you wash them with hands.Baking soda, lemon , kid siblings toothbrush etc.

aah but however, if you have more than 6 pairs of converse shoes and no Girlfriend you put them up in frigging washing machine shut the lid and mind up and just forget about it.
LoL !!

Not in case of all

I have 5-6 pairs + gf but the main point is never got a chance to wash any of my shoes yet from 10-11 months

P.S. = all shoes are new + have so many that once used get a chance to be used again after longtime
Post New Thread  Reply