Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Mobile Phone Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which one should i get?
iPhone 6 5 50.00%
Galaxy S6 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-06-15   #1
teh nuB!
ice j3lly butter

Exclamation Confused Between iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6?

I basically have my mind set on S6 but im worried about Samsung price slash {S5, ehem ehem} and Android update problems {lag,stutter} on samsung devices. And I HATE samsung, i rather get micromax than samsung. But S6 looks worthy enough to get it. Last Samsung phone i used was S2. Changed 8 devices after that but none were samsung. Currently using OPO and previously Nexus 5. Not getting oneplus 2.

So i6 or S6?
IF S6 is this the right time to get it {40k retail}?
MizzyBuzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-15   #2
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

devvfata1ity is very Notable
Re: Confused Between iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6?

I never thought a day would come where I will be recommending a sammy phone, but S6 is the flagship phone to buy this year. Also it helps that the iphone 6 luks like a turd
2018 RIG: Core i5 8400 (3.9 ghz) | Asrock Z370 Pro4 | Adata XPG Z1G DDR4 3000 16GB | GTX 1080 Mini ( 2152 core, 11600 mem) | TX 850V2 | Force GT 120GB | 850 EVO 250 GB | WD Green 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Spire Thermax Eclipse II P/P | NZXT Tempest EVO |

Consoles: Xbox ONE | Xbox 360 | PS4 | PSP 3000

Smartphones: iPhone X 64GB | Galaxy Note8 64 GB| Pixel 2 64GB

Tablets: BB Playbook | Nexus 7 2013 | Ipad 2017

devvfata1ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-15   #3
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

If you're worried about lag/stutters, then the S6 is no different. iP6 has zero stutters and instant screen responsiveness. There's a lot to love about the S6, and responsiveness is NOT one of them. Blame Touchwiz.

If you can wait up, then the iP6S would be gem worthy device.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-15   #4
sm1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

sm1 is sickeningly Dreadful

Believe me. 2 years down the lane u will be lot LOT happier with the iPhone. I was an apple hater without using it. Having used it now I can safely say Apple is not Apple for nothing. It richly deserves it. Battery backup may be one issue due to slim size. Other than that. Boy. Just imagine. It's software is so well optimised that it does better with 1gb ram than any android does with a 3gb ram. Software is the key here. Though apple also has good hardware, vest resale value, less price cuts and to top it all, the FLAUNT VALUE

Just to add: look how much apple respects your security - u cannot remove a password lock on screen by factory reset. A feat easily possible on Android by doing reset via stock recovery, it's Icloud lock is the best in business. One more overlooked fact - everytime u install am app in Android, u HAVE to give permission for everything listed there. But on Apple, suppose u install WhatsApp, u Can use WhatsApp without granting it permission to use your camera or mic.

Last edited by sm1; 30-06-15 at 10:16 PM.
sm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
If you're worried about lag/stutters, then the S6 is no different. iP6 has zero stutters and instant screen responsiveness. There's a lot to love about the S6, and responsiveness is NOT one of them. Blame Touchwiz.

If you can wait up, then the iP6S would be gem worthy device.
I have iPhone 6 from like 10 months now and saying iPhone 6 has zero lags/stutters is just a big fat lie. Weather app lags, video app lags , iMessage lock screen notification removal lags, restarting the iPhone and unlocking it will give u lag when showing the homescreen. 3rd party keyboards lags. Batter backup is wore, I am thinking of buying a new phone and it'll probably be mi4i or OPO2 or this year's nexus.

I am not saying s6 is the same, hell I hate the software on samsung. Right now best UI has to be of iOS, MIUI or stock. and to add to this thread, I'd say to OP go for iPhone but he will be very frustrated with the iPhones shortcomings too. OP better wait for 6S or this year nexus or if u want to have a phone, just get mi4i for now, so that u don't get much loss when u sell it for this year's flagship's.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Originally Posted by sm1 View Post
Just to add: look how much apple respects your security - u cannot remove a password lock on screen by factory reset. A feat easily possible on Android by doing reset via stock recovery, it's Icloud lock is the best in business. One more overlooked fact - everytime u install am app in Android, u HAVE to give permission for everything listed there. But on Apple, suppose u install WhatsApp, u Can use WhatsApp without granting it permission to use your camera or mic.
Oh my. One word bro - Fappenning.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15   #6
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
I have iPhone 6 from like 10 months now and saying iPhone 6 has zero lags/stutters is just a big fat lie. Weather app lags, video app lags , iMessage lock screen notification removal lags, restarting the iPhone and unlocking it will give u lag when showing the homescreen. 3rd party keyboards lags. Batter backup is wore
Maybe upgrade to iOS 8.4, do a reset, and tinker with the numerous battery backup suggestions on the web, unistall useless apps?
Come'n man, don't assume that your experiences might be the same for others or worse. I should have added the word "YMMV" in my earlier post.

There are people who jumped the ship from iP6/6+ to S6, and returned their S6 within a week, complaining how unresponsive was the S6's software.
And there are people who absolutely love their S6, and touting it blazing fast.
And there are people too, who had nightmare of an experiences with Nexus 6, being a snail, out of the box (you can find whole lotta threads like this on Reddit).
And there are people whose Moto Turbo's battery dosen't last for even 2 days.

But that necessarily make the Nexus 6 a "laggy" phone, as we all know how fluid it is (atleast with the two models i used); or make the Moto Turbo's battery claim any less.

"YMMV".
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Maybe upgrade to iOS 8.4, do a reset, and tinker with the numerous battery backup suggestions on the web, unistall useless apps?
I have used plenty of nexus phones and other android phones in the past. The thing abt android phones is some may feel lag in certain areas, other feels lags in completely different areas. The lags I mentioned to you is same on every iPhone (I have 4 iPhone 6(+2 6+) in the family so I know. Doing a reset and all is known to me and makes no difference. I think I can call myself a advance user in iPhones and android phones, as I love to jailbreak or root android phones and believe me , 8.4 makes no difference at all. Even apple music app is not well built for now, sure the library is great for now. The same lags u will see people mentioning on reddit or iDownloadBlog and other variety of other websites. Apple even said it will fix 3rd party keyboards as its nt the dev's fault but the limitation in iOS itself for not opening up the system to work with 3rd party keyboards like for example with spotlight. That lag is shit there. Even first gen moto g or android one phones performs better with 3rd party keyboards compared to iPhones. I'm sure Apple will fix this with new iPhones though. Same as spotlight light pull down lag which got fixed with iPhone 6, where as people who bought iPhone 5S had to wait for an entire year to get their fix for that lag.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
BaZzzingAaa !!!

bigb123 is very Respectfulbigb123 is very Respectful

All apple lovers please watch. He makes some strong points.

bigb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

devvfata1ity is very Notable

Come'n man, don't assume that your experiences might be the same for others or worse. I should have added the word "YMMV" in my earlier post.

There are people who jumped the ship from iP6/6+ to S6, and returned their S6 within a week, complaining how unresponsive was the S6's software.
And there are people who absolutely love their S6, and touting it blazing fast.
And there are people too, who had nightmare of an experiences with Nexus 6, being a snail, out of the box (you can find whole lotta threads like this on Reddit).
And there are people whose Moto Turbo's battery dosen't last for even 2 days.

But that necessarily make the Nexus 6 a "laggy" phone, as we all know how fluid it is (atleast with the two models i used); or make the Moto Turbo's battery claim any less.

"YMMV".
Well i do own a iphone 5s and yes it does stutter/lag and becomes unresponsive from time to time. 8.4 does not fix any issue and the battery back up is not good even with no apps running in the background. Also if you know how ios works is that it doesnt really support true multi-tasking like android so basically apps & their running states are not kept in the memory for long usually within 15 mins the app states are flushed from the memory by the os. Android on the other hand is notorious for keeping app states running in memory indefinitely causing battery drain due to some rogue apps or processes. I do agree however that touchwiz is still crap, but on the s6 one at least have the luxury of installing any ASOP or AKOP ROM.

S6 battery obviously doesnt last that long but of course it lasts more than enough compared to iphone 6
devvfata1ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply