Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-02-09   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Config for Internet Cafe....Suggestions

Hey E'onians

A Couple of my friends were interested in starting a Games/Internet Cafe. Would like to have the suggestions of all the great minds here. [IMG]http://www.***********.com/images/smilies/happy19.gif[/IMG]

The Needs.....

1. There is going to be 10 systems so the cost need to be acceptable
2. The games that are going to be played would be GTA-VC,NFS MW, CS
3. The upgradation time should be not less than atleast 2 years
4. Need to be reasonably fast and perform well
5. It has to be an intel based system, separate gfx is a must.

Also if anyone could define how to share a BSNL 2MbPS line to all the 10 systems a lil detailed i would be grateful. cuz i have no idea how to do this.

Thank you
Old 02-02-09   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned
Re: Config for Internet Cafe....Suggestions

I can tell u about the BSNL line part.

1. Connect the BSNL Line (ADSL) to a modem. Of course that would be the existing setup.

2. Connect the Ethernet port that comes out of the Modem to a 16 (or greater) port switch. Dont connect it to the PC. Just connect to the switch.

3. Connect all the PC's to the same switch.

4. In the MODEM, enable the DHCP server and give the starting IP (eg. 192.168.1.3).

5. Now the Modem IP will be - 192.168.1.1 and all the other pcs will have IP as

192.168.1.13 (10th PC) ... u can add more depending on the number of ports on your switch.

================================================== ====================================

All these pcs will have net connection on them. It is really simple. And I am using this setup currently ... so i know it works. ...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

Just to add to what Aragorn has said.. the switch should be QoS enabled so that you can control the bandwidth allocated to each port. This will prevent a single PC from hogging the entire bandwidth.
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Memnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly Admirable

@Aragon thanks a whale lot mate. so there is no need of getting a separate router ?

Guys help me with the config
Memnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

whats the budget??..for these games i dont think theres a need for a graphix card.
Also whats the total budget??....You must note that for successful gaming enviro you should spend decent on the ambience too...plays quite a role in attracting customers.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

i think the card you should be lookin at is the 4670. decent mid level performance, low on power consumption also, or else the 9600gso or gt. But power consumption is something that will have to be kept in mind, not just for the gfx card, but for the whole rig also.

-What OS you planning to purchase for all of this?? xp or vista??

- what size screens etc you planning to have??

- gaming mouse or not??
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

I'd definitely suggest a gaming mouse with surfaces to match (try the MX518 + qck mini)
For the rig, like wingy mentioned -- we need a rough budget per machine.

Last edited by stonedsurd; 02-02-09 at 02:46 PM.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
+beard+

Luffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly Admirable
Guys this is a browsing center why wuld some one wanna spend so much for a mouse*10..... Its gamming optional .... Any good optical wuld do i guess...

btw u guys culd load windows 7 in all of them cause u get free license till aug ... Then depending on how the business is u can buy xp or vista..... But not sure how games run on windows 7 though....But for browsing +gaming i guess it shld be enough...

Free minus acc with 10 gb (for online file storage) both inviter and invitee get 1 gb extra max 50->Here
Try it its really cool With app for An-roid and i -pone review
Challenge MY Brute -> ERODOV

http://i27.tinypic.com/wvbwoz.jpg

Last edited by thebanik; 02-02-09 at 03:40 PM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

^^Dude, he specifically mentioned it's for gaming.
Read properly
And don't double post, use the "EDIT" button
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian
+beard+

Luffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly Admirable

^^^k..sry my mistake....
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

most of the ADSL modems have a in built DHCP server ... so u wont need a separate router. Though if u want .. u can get a good ADSL modem + router also ... for around 2-3 K (non wireless one) .. and connect that to the switch. Its the same thing ... here also u are using ADSL Modem + router combo .. though it wont be needed. Just use a standard linksys ADSL modem (1800 bucks) with a 16 port switch .. and u are all set ... ..
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #12
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
most of the ADSL modems have a in built DHCP server ... so u wont need a separate router. Though if u want .. u can get a good ADSL modem + router also ... for around 2-3 K (non wireless one) .. and connect that to the switch. Its the same thing ... here also u are using ADSL Modem + router combo .. though it wont be needed. Just use a standard linksys ADSL modem (1800 bucks) with a 16 port switch .. and u are all set ... ..
abe why would he buy a router as well as switch??? If he buys a router than the switch is not needed, ofcourse the router then should have the required number of ports...

As for the config, need your budget man before advising, also will it be an optional gaming centre, or concentrated more towards gaming and for the non peak hours switch to internet cafe sorta stuff???
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #13
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

question you need to answer yourself

1. wt min config i need to run those games within budget and also low on electricity bills, latter being of prime importance..you plug on powerhungry gpu's for these sorta games u mentioned it aint gonna do any good for business.

2. Max budget thats permitted for a particular rig apart from the expenses occured for a decent ambience.

for the net part...already aragorn and others have deciphered for you....for other things we need to know the budget.
Old 02-02-09   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Memnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly Admirable

ok guys it is me mistake for not posting a budget, lets say the budget per/machine is around 19k give or take 500. since the customers are going to be kids ranging from 10-16 a high end system is not necessary so please quote accordingly guys

The center is more inclined towards gaming, but due to the place where the center is gonna be and the age/exposure of the kids high end games they wont be playing, unless otherwise he takes an initiative to do that.

Last edited by Memnom; 02-02-09 at 06:08 PM.
Memnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09   #15
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L 2.4k
Processor: E5200 3.6k
Cooling: CPU Retail HSF
Memory: Transcend 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz 1.1k
Video: onboard
Audio: Onboard
Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB ST3500320AS SATAII 2k
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 334 + Cooler Master Extreme Plus 460W (Combo) 3.7k
Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite 334 + Cooler Master Extreme Plus 460W (Combo)
Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA 1.1k
Display: Viewsonic/LG/Acer 17" 6k-6.5k
Input: Samsung Pleomax Keyboard .2k and Logitech Optical Mouse .4k

Put normal mice in the config according to the customers op mentioned.
tips: invest in efficient psu's as they gonna save up you good sum in the end.
Post New Thread  Reply