Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-05-13   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Computer won't boot

Hi! I have pc set up at home which is not booting/starting. It so happened that on reaching home, when I tried to switch it on it started and went off in a few seconds. It happened same thrice. I opened up my set up n tried to see if there is any loose end, cable issue, ram, issue, cleaned the cpu and all fans. Removed gpu. Tried almost all combinations but now the cpu won't even start for that initial few seconds. To me seems like a psu problem. Has anybody got this problem before?

Phenom x2 550be
Gigabyte, gama 785ua2h
Xfx 4650 gpu

kundalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-13   #2
Lounge Bug
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed
Re: Computer won't boot

beep or no beep?..
any display?..
tried reseating the ram?
Old 27-05-13   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

kundalus is very Notable

Originally Posted by bean_laden View Post
beep or no beep?..
any display?..
tried reseating the ram?
No beep, tried reseating rams, checked battery also. But now it's not even starting for a few seconds like it used to before

Old 27-05-13   #4
Lounge Bug
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed

many motherboards these days come with a lcd to show error messages in such boot issues, any chance your mobo has that?..
If there is no beep, the system is not able to POST. remove all the accessories on your mobo(additional cards), drives, etc and try starting with bare minimum.
bean_laden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-13   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

kundalus is very Notable

Originally Posted by bean_laden View Post
many motherboards these days come with a lcd to show error messages in such boot issues, any chance your mobo has that?..
If there is no beep, the system is not able to POST. remove all the accessories on your mobo(additional cards), drives, etc and try starting with bare minimum.
Unfortunately the mobo doesn't have a led display. I removed everything on it n tried starting without any drive or gpu, but now it won't start also. thought of power button issue but it's fine.

Ok, Figured out. The problem was with power switch on cabinet, either the switch wire connecting to mobo or the switch is gone faulty. n it took me three hours of assembling and re-assembling to figure out the issue. Thanks bean_laden for your prompt help...

Last edited by kundalus; 30-05-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Update
Post New Thread  Reply