Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-09-12   #1
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

CM Storm Trooper with Side Window To Be Introduced in India in January

Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper with Side window will be Introduced in India in January. got this news Directly from the Country Manager itself. Previously they Had No intentions of introducing it in India But Looking at the Demand they have thought so To Introduce it India.

Features
  • The first full tower chassis with two 90 degree rotatable 4-in-3 HDD modules
  • The first with an easy-to-carry handle, and hidden tool box for storing private goods
  • Removable dust filters on bottom and top intakes
  • A built in fan controller for cool and quiet operation
  • Supports up to 14 hard-drives for future upgrades
  • Convenient external 2.5” HDD/SSD X-dock
  • Supports high-end hardware, XL-ATX Mainboards and Quad SLI/CF with dual slot VGAs

IF ANYONE NEEDS THIS CASE THEN PLEASE POST HERE. THERE WILL BE ONLY 9 CABINETS AVAILABLE. The Distributor will Call you Then.

Specifications

Model Number SGC-5000-KWN1 Available Color All Black
Material Steel body, Front Mesh / Plastic bezel
Dimensions (W) 250 x (H) 605.6 x (D) 578.5 mm
(W) 9.8 x (H) 23.8 x (D) 22.8 inch
Net Weight 13.7 KG / 30.2 lbs
M/B Type Micro-ATX, ATX, XL-ATX
5.25" Drive Bay 9
3.5” Drive Bay 8 (converted from 5.25” bay by two 4-in 3 HDD modules)
2.5” Drive Bay 13 (converted from 5.25” bay by two 4-in 3 HDD modules)
Cooling System
Front : 120 mm LED fan x2, 1200 RPM, 17dBA
Top: 200 mm fan x 1, 1000 RPM, 23 dBA (converted to 2 x 120 / 140 mm fan)
Rear: 140 mm fan x1, 1200 RPM, 19 dBA (converted to 120 mm fan)
Side: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional) no fans For SIDE WINDOW Version
Bottom: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
Expansion Slots 9+1
I/O Panel USB 3.0 x 2 (internal), USB 2.0 x 2, e-SATA x 1, Audio In and Out ( Supports HD audio)
Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V
Maximum Compatibility CPU cooler height: 186 mm / 7.3 in
GPU card length: 322 mm / 12.7 in

http://www.coolermaster.com/cmstorm_...indow-0214.pdf

After watching Reviews and all other stuff for last 15 Days Found Cons And Pros of this Cabinet

Last edited by johnjoyjoe; 17-09-18 at 08:05 PM.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
nothing....

Thunder is Mysterious
Re: CM Storm Trooper with Side Window To Be Introduced in India in October

Shit i missed it brought new one few weeks back, anyway any idea about price difference in with and without side panel models?
RIG : Intel i5 2500K / Gigabyte Z77X UD5H / G.Skill Sniper 16 GB DDR3 (4GB*4) 1600 MHz / CM Storm Trooper / Corsair TX750 / Benq GL2750HM / 1 TB Seagate Sata 2 / MSI Radeon HD 7870 Power Edition OC / NZXT Fan Controller / Logitech 2.1 / 4x120 MM Fans Cooler Master / Corsair H100 - Liquid Cooler / Intel 520 120 GB SSD / CM Storm Trooper / Asus DVD-R (RW) / Roccat Isku FX / Logitech G400
Gadgets : Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 / Pantech Burst P9070 / Xbox 360 Kinect / Micromax 400R / Dell Vostro 1014 (Upgraded 4 GB Ram & 500 GB HDD) / 4 TB Seagate Backup Plus / Ainol Crystal
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

irfanrafeeq88 is Mysterious

Does somebody want to purchase my NZXT Phantom full tower. I am in for this if someone buys mine.
irfanrafeeq88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12   #4
Community Moderator

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by irfanrafeeq88 View Post
Does somebody want to purchase my NZXT Phantom full tower.
you gonna be kidding

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

invite your Friends to this thread
Old 27-09-12   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

irfanrafeeq88 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by johnjoyjoe View Post
you gonna be kidding
Well, I am. Why will I just keep on selling stuff. He he he. The Phantom is also a beautiful case but compared to this, What can I say?
irfanrafeeq88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12   #6
Community Moderator

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by irfanrafeeq88 View Post
but compared to this, What can I say?
yup you are right
Old 04-10-12   #7
teh nuB!

ToadkillerDog is Mysterious

I bought a white Storm Stryker from SMC International a few months back. Looks exactly the same, except in white. Around Rs 15,000...
ToadkillerDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12   #8
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by ToadkillerDog View Post
Around Rs 15,000...
you paid too much its around 13 to 14 k in the market
Old 04-10-12   #9
teh nuB!

you paid too much its around 13 to 14 k in the market
You are correct. I just rechecked.. It was 12.8

I bought a bunch of stuff from him. He said market price is 15 but I'm reducing it to 12.8 if you buy all this stuff from me Basically, I was frustrated after spending a whole day in Nehru Place, and wanted to get back home and start building. You know how it is...
Old 05-10-12   #10
Community Moderator

@ChironX and ToadkillerDog

have you Tried installing H100 on this Chassis With push Pull?

can you install 120x25mm Fans on top without any problem or you have to use one Slip fan around the handle and also see if installing fans will Require removal Fan Filters?

is the Air Flow good after Rotating HDD Cage To Blow air From Front. does the air flow reaches the GFX card area?

After Rotating HDD Cage To Blow air From Front are the SATA and Power cables can be seen of the HDD from side of the case?

Last edited by johnjoyjoe; 05-10-12 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-10-12   #11
teh nuB!

Haven't tried liquid cooling. Top has holes for 2x120 fans. Rotating HDD cage does bring air directly on display card, but exposes SATA cables. I put another fan on the inside of the cage for more air on card.
Old 06-10-12   #12
Community Moderator

I put another fan on the inside of the cage for more air on card.
can you post a pic of this
Old 06-10-12   #13
teh nuB!

Ah. I'm away from home. Basically just shoved a 120 fan on the open (inside) of the cage. It pulls air from the other fan (towards outside) and blows it over the card. It fit perfectly. No screws or cable ties.
Old 06-10-12   #14
Community Moderator

Ah. I'm away from home. Basically just shoved a 120 fan on the open (inside) of the cage. It pulls air from the other fan (towards outside) and blows it over the card. It fit perfectly. No screws or cable ties.
after reaching home just show me a pic , its a request
Old 06-10-12   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

terencefdes is very Notable

I GOT THE CM STORM STRYKER WHITE VERSION ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO FROM theitwares Mumbai and paid around 12K for it (inclusive of delivery & along with other items)

This is very close to the Trooper and similar in many ways (except for the color & name) & thought of sharing my feedback with you guys..... I hope @johnjoyjoe pardons my intrusion

Haven't tried liquid cooling. Top has holes for 2x120 fans. Rotating HDD cage does bring air directly on display card, but exposes SATA cables. I put another fan on the inside of the cage for more air on card.
I have yet to affix a 120mm fan at the bottom..... planning to do so soon. I too have rotated both the cages & fans are front. These will direct air-flow directly onto the GPU.....PROVIDED one does not populate the cages completely with HDD's. Yes SATA cables are exposed ....but with some planning even this could be neatly tucked away towards the sides.

@ChironX and ToadkillerDog

have you Tried installing H100 on this Chassis With push Pull?

can you install 120x25mm Fans on top without any problem or you have to use one Slip fan around the handle and also see if installing fans will Require removal Fan Filters?

is the Air Flow good after Rotating HDD Cage To Blow air From Front. does the air flow reaches the GFX card area?

After Rotating HDD Cage To Blow air From Front are the SATA and Power cables can be seen of the HDD from side of the case?
MY FEEDBACK AFTER USING IT FOR A LITTLE UNDER 3 WEEKS [other specs listed in my signature]

BUILD QUALITY: An engineering masterpiece. The Storm Trooper/Stryker is truly a fantastic cabinet and built rock-solid of steel (weighs 13.7 kgs empty). The only plastic that is used is for the front side removable panels & the unique designer top. The handle is super-strong and takes the weight of the case very ably. The four legs are also very firm. There is absolutely no wobble/torque or vibration so even a Noctua D14 will sit safe & secure. The fibre-glass window panel (or is it plastic) is flawless & crystal clear.

INTERIOR SPACE & OVERALL SIZE: Well it's a full-tower so it's HUUGE. Better take a measuring tape and check the specs - to get an idea of what the real thing is. Very, very spacious (offering great air-flow inside). Can accomodate even a Quad SLI GPU comfortably. More than sufficient headspace between the PSU and the motherboard bottom-most slot.

PACKAGING: Excellent & will arrive at your door 99.9 percent flawless (unless the delivery guys trip or roll down all your stairs....even then I doubt any dents would take place).

AIR-VENTS & DUST FILTERS - There are adequate air-vents & all of them have a wired mesh dust-filters (all removable) - dust is visible on the front after 3 weeks of usage. Having a vacuum cleaner will definately help & would have to be used at least once every month (for cleaning the dust filters & front panel).

I am using a Noctua NH-C14 cooler (C-Type intentionally chosen over the more conventional U type for better cooling of the processor & components around it). I have used 4x4GB of RipjawsZ and the clearance is just 1mm from Noctua's pipes. Ideal RAM IMHO is the G.Skill "Ares" series (available at prime) as this has the lowest profile among excellent quality RAM - esp when using air-coolers... (I could not go for it as ONLY 2x8GB sticks were available & since the Ares series is not stocked adequately.... future concerns.

Even after using the Noctua there is plenty of headspace (over 3 inches) to the cabinet walls. It can also handle a dual rad liquid cooling comfortably.

COOLING - AWESOME & the supplied 4 fans by CM are of the Highest Quality (methinks the cost of the fans alone would be around Rs 3500 or more). I keep my system ON the whole night (torrenting at the moment) and without any other ceiling fan on in the room & yet CPU temperatures do not exceed 37 degrees. Placing one's hand just outside the rear fan - no hot air blows out.

FANS - extremely SILENT & vey low dBA..... (including the 200mm one). These are of the highest quality ever (unlike cabinets that are lower priced & where manufacturers do not supply premium quality fans). Unfortunately CM has not made available the same series fans in India (in case one wants to add more). Apart from the 4 supplied we can add just 1 more 120mm at the bottom - by removing a unique SSD cage (Note: 140mm fans do not have screw mounts & can't b used). CM says 2 fans can be fixed, however one of them will be just under the lowest HDD or the tool-tray and thus barely having an inch of head-space ..... now maybe this particular fan position could be reversed ???

All fans speed can be controlled from the top button (which also adjusts the intensity of the 2 LED RED lights next to it from bright/top-speed to very dim/lo-speed). The front/side 2 fans LED can be switched ON/OFF from another button at the top.

CM has a reason to position the two 120mm fans sideways (original design) .... this position is excellent if more than 80-90 percent of the drive bays are populated (this case can accomodate from 9-14 drives). So the cooling/release of hot-air (if any) will not go inside the cabinet.

X-DOCK Push panel Drive: This one can be missed out by most. Positioned at the front-top, it can come in extremely handy for gamers etc... who carry stuff on SSD's (so no need to open up the cabinet & mount an ssd inside). Do not forget to connect the power & sata cable for this drive.

TOOL TRAY: At the bottom of the cabinet & removable - excellent place to also hide your valuables (gold/diamonds etc...... no chor or Income Tax guys wud ever think of this place)
CABLE MANAGEMENT : More than adequate room on all sides (including holes on the motherboard rear side) to route each cable correctly. I went in for a fully modular Seasonic X750 so cable management could be great (not in my case as I have not yet fully assembled my RIG). NOTE: I have not yet added a GPU to my RIG .... plan to do it by Diwali + I wish to check if my Sound-Blaster Audigy 2 PCI card will work in my new set-up

USER MANUAL: Absolutely terrible and of no-use except telling you (very skimpily) about the various cables that are attached with the cabinet. So for more help scout other reviews & users on newegg.

CONS:
Instead of 4-screws to open the side-panels CM should have provided a push-button or one-click-and-open type of thingy.
Nothing else & one cannot complain about weight in a superbly built case. Using Aluminium would have been better than steel - but this would have pushed up the cost a great bit.

I've never used or seen the Cosmos - but I see no reason why the Stryker/Trooper would not rate as the BEST EVER CABINET and I would rate it 9.5/10 ( lost points 'coz of a lousy manual & the side-panel screws).

Cheers
Terry
System: i7-3770K | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Wi-Fi | ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCUII-Top Ed | Noctua NH-C14 | 16GB RipjawsZ @ 1866Mhz | Ocz Vertex4 128GB SSD | Seasonic X760W Modular | Seagate 1TB + 2TB | Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM | CM Storm Stryker | CM Excalibur 120mm Fan | Lian-Li SATA cables | WD 2 + 2TB | Waiting to hackintosh soon

Etcetra
: LG47" LED 4600 series| WD TV Live Hub| WD 1TB | Seagate 2TB usb3 | Sherwood Blu-ray player BDP-5004 | Technics SGC-770 5.1 - 460W music system with Turntable| Nikon D5000 with 18-55 & 55-300mm | Sound-Blaster Audigy Platinum|htc wildfire S | over 250 vinyl's | AMD Athlon 1800 antique PC !!!

@WORK - Avid DS v11 on Dual Xeon E5649/ Intel S5520SC Board/ 48GB RAM/ 60GB x 2 Intel SSD/ Quadro 5000 / 8TB Storage 15000RPM drives on RAID 6/ Cinetal Broadcast monitor/
Aja Kona 3G IO card / Awaiting HP Dreamcolor Monitor
terencefdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply