Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-08-12   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
adminabuse Chinese Tech Billionaire To Launch Next Xiaomi Smartphone

The original MI-One has been a super hit
in China, selling 150,000 pieces in 13 minutes

The Chinese Tech Billionaire, Lei Jun, also known as the Steve Jobs of China is all set to launch the next Xiaomi Smartphone in Beijing on Aug. 16, a year after the launch of its debut MI-1. The Android-based phone has sold over 3 million units and put Xiaomi and its billionaire cofounder Lei Jun on the global smartphone map.

Xiaomi phones are much valued in China for great performance at low prices. Apparently Xiaomi Phone are sold at a 10% profit margin at compared to the 55% profit margin for the iPhone. Mr. Lei has indicated that he is willing to take a loss in order to generate revenue streams on its apps front.

Speculation is that the new Xiaomi Smartphone would use a Qualcomm quad-core 1.5GHz chip with a 4.3″ display touchscreen. Interestingly, Xiaomi may be raising its price to RMB2,499 (Rs 21,900), compared to RMB1,999 (Rs 17,500) for the first-generation model.

Lei initially told reporters that he didn’t expect to make a profit from handset sales, but surging shipments upended that calculation and boosted Xiaomi’s valuation to $4 billion in a recent funding round. Xiaomi recorded $995 million in sales for the first half of 2012 and that China’s smartphone market continues to post rapid growth as more users start picking up smartphones.

China is a low priority country for Apple when it comes to selling their iPhone. The USA is a low priority country for Xiaomi when it comes to selling their smartphone. Why bother selling to spoilt Americans when there is such a large market ready in China itself.

The Youth Edition with lower specs and prices.

Lei Jun - the Steve Jobs of China

ManISinJpr likes this.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #2
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Re: Chinese Tech Billionaire To Launch Next Xiaomi Smartphone

Wish Spice/Karbonn/Lava et al also came up with MIUI based phones.
I <3 MIUI

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
The Cooler Guy

nikolain is very Honorablenikolain is very Honorable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
China is a low priority country for Apple when it comes to selling their iPhone.
Sorry but don't agree with that, last time i was in China, believe me i only saw one or two android phones compared to others who all had iphones.
nikolain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #4
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

hmm...so worth smuggling this? or its like any other Chinese trash?

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by nikolain View Post
last time i was in China, believe me i only saw one or two android phones compared to others who all had iphones.
MIght be those were all Fake Chinese iPhones...
Old 07-08-12   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Sorry but don't agree with that, last time i was in China, believe me i only saw one or two android phones compared to others who all had iphones.
Im sorry, but I too dont agree that your personal observations on your limited and brief visit to China reflects the actual situation.

In the first quarter of Samsung was leading with 22% and Apple trailing at 19% of the smartphone market. More than 66% of the smartphones sold in China over the first quarter of 2012 run on Android, as China is now also the biggest Android smartphone market, accounting for more than 25% of worldwide Android shipments.

Android, Samsung rule China's enormous smartphone market

Maybe the information is incorrect, but I havent seen any reliable statistics.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 07-08-12   #7
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
any other Chinese trash?
Are you calling the Samsung Galaxy S III and the iPhone 4S as thrash?
Old 07-08-12   #8
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Are you calling the Samsung Galaxy S III and the iPhone 4S as thrash?
Naah...not counting those...but whenever ppl say made in china...u know what pic it gives .........
Old 07-08-12   #9
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
Naah...not counting those...but whenever ppl say made in china...u know what pic it gives .........
Well its not the Chinese fault if Indian importers only buy the cheapest thrash (because Indian consumers demand cheapest thrash). The European and American consumers source great stuff from China. Some of the best American and European brands source all their stuff from China.

It is not the Chinese who make only low quality stuff. They make both great stuff and low quality stuff. It is Indians who search and buy only low quality stuff. We are the thrash.
Old 07-08-12   #10
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Looks like the galaxy
But if its price at 21k in india(if in near future) with good warranty and aftersales services then its good VFM at that price point.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #11
Banned

Rig Gallery

Well its not the Chinese fault if Indian importers only buy the cheapest thrash (because Indian consumers demand cheapest thrash). The European and American consumers source great stuff from China. Some of the best American and European brands source all their stuff from China.

It is not the Chinese who make only low quality stuff. They make both great stuff and low quality stuff. It is Indians who search and buy only low quality stuff. We are the thrash.
ah well...u get the idea.....
Old 07-08-12   #12
teh nuB!

dovemaster is Mysterious

they should work on tablets, who need more phones..tablet with extended functionality including telephony imho
dovemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
The Cooler Guy

nikolain is very Honorablenikolain is very Honorable

Cook said in the October earnings call: “For China — the sky’s the limit there. I’ve never seen so many people rise into the middle class who aspire to buy Apple products. It’s quickly become #2 on our list of top revenue countries.”

Apple

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

+1 Excellently said.
nikolain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Lei Jun seems to be a good visionary.
I think this would surely work for him.
Sell quality products in your own country and not expecting much as profit for sales of his first gen phones. (B'coz his Billionaire).
Cmon, we need some of Indians to be like this and offer some good product. They might become companies like Apple/Samsung/Nokia in the future.

To all those who gets bad image of Made In China products...please look at your iPhones...Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China.
And now if you point out that you believe in Apple designers, there is a high probability that most of the designers would be Asians.
Same goes with many other brands.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12   #15
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Cook said in the October earnings call: For China the skys the limit there. Ive never seen so many people rise into the middle class who aspire to buy Apple products. Its quickly become #2 on our list of top revenue countries..
Yes actually China is the second biggest market for the iPhone after they U.S and the worlds largest smartphone market. However for Apple the world primarily consists of the U.S and Apple could easily lose its big sales in China if they dont take steps to stem the competition there. Also, its strategy of suing competitors on basis of ridiculous patents wont work in China as the Chinese courts will throw them out.

Do you think Cook will launch the next iPhone in Beijing or Shanghai even though China is the worlds largest smartphone market (27% of total) ? No they wont. For Apple : World = USA.
syedthedevil likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply