Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-03-08   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Cheated By Sify Shopping :(

this could be a One of case but ..

Had Ordered this http://shopping.sify.com/All_Categor..._14212663.html

for a Friend in the US as he wanted the disc collector edition.

There are 2 Version to this DVD release:
* Rs.45 (single Disc edition)
* Rs.399 (Double Disc edition - thought not available easily now )

i searched all possible local Stores & finally decided to buy from sify as that looked the only source

2day i got the Shipment via Bluedart.

SOUNDZ the Seller of the dvd has cheated me.he sent me the Rs.45 Version of the dvd.to conceal this he has Scratched or Marked off the Pricing(both on Front & back side of the dvd pack),so that i wont be aware of what he has done.the the DVD was repacked & taped with a Scotch tape.but i own the Rs.45 edition already which bought from a local store.

mailed Sify shopping asking for a Full refund else i told i will file a consumer court case

this a Warning to those people buying stuff from sify shopping as i have seen many people ordering Digicams from Sify shopping

Last edited by Chief-Techie; 13-03-08 at 03:43 PM.
Chief-Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable
Re: Cheated By Sify Shopping :(

i have also heard bad things about sify shopping. Lets hope u get back ur money

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Chief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly Admirable

^^^ money is the last thing mate they dont have the Credibility to a run a Online store,indiaplaza is way better,atleast they do tell they dont have stock of things rather cheating like this.

this time its only 400 bucks. .. wat if the same happens to people buying higher value goods ? or they send Refurbs pieces ?
Old 13-03-08   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly Admirable

Go to www.core.nic.in its the consumer grivehance reharsal site. They send official letter on govt letter head, thats how I got damages From Maruti Suzuki wanted to sue them for neglagance while reparing the car, They fullfuilled it with spare parts and service Total Cost Rs.47000/-.
it works..
DONjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Chief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly Admirable

^^^ i am waiting for the reply to me mail else that will be the next step
Old 13-03-08   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
^^^ money is the last thing mate they dont have the Credibility to a run a Online store,indiaplaza is way better,atleast they do tell they dont have stock of things rather cheating like this.

this time its only 400 bucks. .. wat if the same happens to people buying higher value goods ? or they send Refurbs pieces ?
it happens a lot with these indian sites. I had ordered a 2GB Sandisk Cruzer pen drive but got a different Sandisk 2Gb drive (not the cruzer).
Old 13-03-08   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

^^^ the main reason being the Guy Advertising the product & Guy actually sending the product to u are totally different

also databases of such sites are never updated which is wr most probs of stocks pop up
Old 13-03-08   #8
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Ive had my fair share of bad experience with sify .... not only i didnt get what I ordered for .... the sify reps continuously kept blaming me .... that its exactly what I ordered .... I told them i'll pay the shipping etc ... but send me the right product ... but to no avail ... in the end I gave up for a Rs 250 product .... Thats what I usually do .. before making a big purchase I usually make a small purchase from a website to accert its credibility ... Best experience so far is with Indiaplaza

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

the basic fault lies with the site owners. They never actually verify whether the seller is selling the legitimate product or not. They just take the share of money from the seller and put the item on their website.
Old 13-03-08   #10
teh nuB!

deepak3775 is Notable

thanks for the warning,was planning to buy a zen stone from sify but now will buy from indiapaza instead.
also i would advice not to buy from rediff as their service is very poor.
deepak3775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

^^^ stick to indiaplaza ... so far i have got All products delivered from them
Old 13-03-08   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

MAVERICK is very Notable

Rediff and Sify suck like horny who**s :@

Indiaplaza is the best and Futurebazaar is decent too.
Old 13-03-08   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly Admirable

I have bought from rediff.. the service was ok..No problems
DONjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #14
teh geeK!
[E]onian

200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable

infact indiatimes is a PIA even they have these pvt sellers selling wrong stuff all the time .
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08   #15
Addict......
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

HailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by donjuansid View Post
I have bought from rediff.. the service was ok..No problems
Yes I too bought from Rediff... Once the stuff was broken in transit & they offered to refund full amount including extra shipping I paid to ship the item back to them...

Last I got was few books which came good... I guess it also depend upon the dealer & the stuff you want....

Anyway hard luck there CT... Get in touch with Rediff Support & explain them the situation... They can help you out.. but it takes time, sometimes a month or more for the dispute to setttle....

Hell Is Empty........ Devils Are Here..
-
William Shakespeare

HailStonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply