Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Cooling and Overclocking
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-03-12   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
hmmm....

Why Cant We Run Two Different Pump on the Same Loop

@mav2000
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well, basically the pump is stated to run at a particular rpm. When you add an extra pump, its pushing the water faster than the stated rpm, just decreasing the life
This would be true if we are feeding water to the weaker one directly from the Powerful one. What happens if we add res between the pumps... wont that help???

Last edited by KrashNBurn; 05-03-12 at 05:33 PM.
napster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #17
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: Why Cant We Run Two Different Pump on the Same Loop

Essentially if your reservoir is not vented to air, it would create a difference in pressure, and the slower pump would induce drag on the faster pump.

Also the difference in pressure of both pumps could cause pressures to rise and form a leak.

One reservoir, 2 different loops, and 2 different pumps, would work.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
hmmm....

napster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominent

This is something that I was able to find out
Multi Pump Setups – Parallel vs. Series « martinsliquidlab.org

Since the Pumps that we use are the same type of Pumps even this would also help

Centrifugal pump system tips, do's and dont's

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

@JD666 : I like .... use something to release the extra pressure... a Valve to release the extra pressure

In a loop since there is restrictions don't you think that the pressure difference is less...
Old 04-03-12   #19
Man
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable
Re: Project White Beast

Originally Posted by napster View Post
Are you trying to say that another 150ml reservoir is required to account for the extra 125ml/s D5 is throwing?

Ya its should according to the calculations... I think that i have accounted for all the variable that I could think of ....
So go ahead and keep on adding one 150ml reservoir to the loop every second, so add a reservoir every second for as long as the loop runs.

Originally Posted by napster View Post
if there is more amount of water(200ml) in the loop the amount of heat required to raise the temp of water is more that smaller amount of water(100ml).
Yes the no of calories required to raise the temp of 200ml of water will be approximately twice as much as required for 100ml of water.
So???? as you said it can not decipate much heat, it's just a heat store. & what happens when the 200ml store is full? will you add another 150ml res?
The same thing will happen when the 100ml res is full so your observations with tea cups is not relevant in this 'high tea'.

I can't reason with @napster any more, his logic is undeniable. I give up , remind me to go home & tear off my degree's , also my mensa certificate.
. Best of luck.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well, basically the pump is stated to run at a particular rpm. When you add an extra pump, its pushing the water faster than the stated rpm, just decreasing the life
Well I beg to differ.
All these pumps mentioned in this discussion are DC machines.
So if one pump is a little faster or slower, the stronger pump just sees the other pump as load/resistance, nothing much will happen.
With a bigger difference in discharge rates, the stronger pump will start rotating the weaker pump, the weaker pump will become a generator and start feeding dc to the SMPS with a higher voltage than what it is designed for(in this case 12v) . If there is a controller circuit in the pump , it'll go first.
Intel i7 875k @ 4 ghz | EK HF supreme full nickel | ASUS P7P55 WS | Gskill 2x4gb C9 2250mhz | 4 R9 290's in X-fire | MS wireless MM k/b & mouse | ASUS U3S6 | Creative 7.1 speakers | OCZ 240GB Revodrive II | Danger Den Water Box Plus | DD Aqua Drive II | Asus Xonar D2X | Logitec G930 7.1 headphones | APC 2.1 kw ups | Sony 40HX800 LED 3DTV with Nvidia 3DPlay
Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #20
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ the opposite, more infact since there is restriction.
Old 04-03-12   #21
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
hmmm....

napster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominentnapster is highly Prominent

Thanks @JD666
Old 04-03-12   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Hmmmmmm

Rig Gallery

B L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly Admirable

@napster

Thanks bro.
B L ! T Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
hmmm....

@B L ! T Z
I understand bro... Did not want to crap that thread of yours.. And i will make sure I don't as well...gud luck with the build (In a good way)... Sorry to for what happened on the thread ... You can get the mods to clean the thread if you like to ....
Old 04-03-12   #24
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Do It Yourself...

Rig Gallery

rakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Great

Originally Posted by Man View Post
Well I beg to differ.
All these pumps mentioned in this discussion are DC machines.
So if one pump is a little faster or slower, the stronger pump just sees the other pump as load/resistance, nothing much will happen.
With a bigger difference in discharge rates, the stronger pump will start rotating the weaker pump, the weaker pump will become a generator and start feeding dc to the SMPS with a higher voltage than what it is designed for(in this case 12v) . If there is a controller circuit in the pump , it'll go first.

No No.. weaker pump will not act as generator and start burning circuits.... Stronger pump will apply more pressure on the impeller of the weaker pump and more wear-and-tear will happen to the weaker pump...and it will die too soon..
ManISinJpr likes this.
November 2010
rakesh_sharma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Hmmmmmm

Rig Gallery

B L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly AdmirableB L ! T Z is highly Admirable

Hmmmmm.......Now this is more like it.....All the LC gurus are here......

Lets get a few points straight.

1. I don't have enough money to buy a D5 and a reservoir along with it, right now. I know about the Drain/Fillport idea and if I employ that, I wont need a reservoir. I had already placed an order on the PPCS thread for the drainplug as I already have a Q fitting installed in my loop.

2. Now getting to the pumps. As far as I can understand, if I run the D5 in its full power along with the XSPC 750, the latter will eventually die due to more pressure and cause many other (flow rates, restriction, adding another reservoir, etc) problems in the loop.

3. Again, if I do buy the D5 and still want to keep my 750 alive, I would HAVE TO GET the Vario version of the D5 and then reduce it's flow to 3 so that both the pumps (D5 and 750) are running more or less on a similar level. Now, if I do this, then I am not getting any improved flow rates in the loop but am loosing out $$ on buying the D5. BAD IDEA.

4. The best I can think of is if I can get the D5 (Vario or Strong) and add that to the loop, then I can shut off the 750 pump and still keep the reservoir in which the pump is built into. The most that can happen with this setup is that I will be adding some restriction to my loop since the 750's pump will be off.

I don't want to get a flimsy reservoir and compromise just because I don't have enough money now. I would rather wait for another month and then save up more cash and get a better reservoir that will add to my satisfaction and also add value to the loop as a whole. I was thinking of getting the XSPC reservoir which has the capability of the D5 being in-built later on anyways, post discussions of course..

What I am understanding ultimately is that if I buy the D5 now, later on I can buy a good reservoir and then take out the 750 entirely. If I get the D5, I will be using only the reservoir capabilities of the 750 and not the pump. Now, keeping this in mind, my question is:

1. If add the D5 along with the 750, but keeping the 750 pump off, how much restriction are we talking about approximately. Will be very restrictive that I shall see nil improvements in the temperatures of the loop, considering that I have 2 360mm radiators (XSPC RS360 & Phobya G.Changer 360) and 1 CPU block (XSPC Rasa)?

2. If I keep the D5 on full speed in the loop and turn the 750 off completely, will that be causing any problems to the 750's pump? I am asking this because, later on if I wish to sell of the 750 res/pump kit completely (post getting a separate reservoir for the D5), I don't want the pump to go bad when and if I wish to sell it.

Thanks to all you guys for providing your inputs. And I would like to add that there has not been any crapping in the thread. All this is valuable information and may come to aid others in their need as well..... PeAcE
Old 04-03-12   #26
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Hmmmmmm

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by rakesh_sharma23 View Post
try to make ur own res. from acrylic
Nice idea and I have always wanted to, but then, time is always of the essence and the other things are, no tools whatsoever. Except a screwdriver and a set of pliers. So have to go and buy one. Besides, I kinda like the aesthetic appeal of a good out-of-the-box reservoir.
Old 04-03-12   #27
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Do It Yourself...

Rig Gallery

rakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Greatrakesh_sharma23 is simply Great

no tool needed.. just draw a proper design ..get acrylic sheet leaser cutted.. get all holes and treading done by some local shop.. join acrylic pieces together with glue easlly available in any hardware shop... and you r ready...

Creating is more fun than just purchasing readymade stuff...
rakesh_sharma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Hmmmmmm

Rig Gallery

@napster

Common man....All this is for the sake of knowledge....There's been no crapping whatsoever....Please don't think in that way....When someone else has a problem like mine, that thread will come to good use and even you know that....Really thank you for all the inputs...
Old 04-03-12   #29
Man
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by rakesh_sharma23 View Post
No No.. weaker pump will not act as generator and start burning circuits.... Stronger pump will apply more pressure on the impeller of the weaker pump and more wear-and-tear will happen to the weaker pump...and it will die too soon..
OK, Rakesh maybe you are right, However I saw a Magic trick and suspect the work of black arts causing light to emit from a case fan which was not connected to a psu. Can any one explain this in layman's terms what wizardry is this?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12   #30
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ When rotated in a particular direction ( opposite to the one the fan normally rotates in ), the fan motor being DC does send a current in the opposite direction, which causes the fan lights to glow.

In the case of water pumps, the second water pump will have to be installed in the opposite direction and switched off, and having enough freewheeling capability to send current back. Which generally does not happen, since water pumps have a different rotation mechanism.
Post New Thread  Reply