Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 19-11-13   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Can I Ask My Friend to Bring GPU from USA

Hi friends,

My friend is coming from USA...can he bring sapphire HD7970 vapor-X Graphics card...
Here in INDIA its cost is around 35k and in USA it is available for ~$400(around 25k)...so i can save almost 10k...

I heard that we can bring electronic items not exceeding 35k....and my friend might get 1 mobile,1 laptop(personal which he ll buy from there) and another laptop(company's official laptop),camera and my graphics card...

And one more thing would like to know, will there be any problem while claiming warranty if i get my card from USA.

Please let me know ASAP, whether is it possible with out paying any custom taxes and if not then how much tax i have to pay..

TIA...
gnnsprapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-13   #2
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable
Re: Can I Ask My Friend to Bring GPU from USA

you can get 280X for 23k with warranty which beats 7970 OC ask your friend to bring EVGA gtx770 after price cut in US it will be a good buy but again 280X @23k perform as gtx770 so its upto you to decide
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-13   #3
teh nuB!

gnnsprapa is Mysterious

well thanks for the advice... was not aware about 280X...did some research and i think i should go for "Sapphire R9 280X Toxic"

link--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202044&Tpk=Sapphire%20R adeon%20TOXIC%20R9%20280X

But My doubts are still open with some new one...

-if i buy this card thn do i need to buy new PSU..right now i have "Corsiar VS 650"(650 W) and this card requires 750W

-and if i ask my friend to get this will he be able to bring (please read my first post , this is what i am concerned most)
gnnsprapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-13   #4
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

internationl warranty applies on evga only for gpu's and you will have to send the card back to USA in case of RMA as there is no service center in india

i think you should avoid US purchase and buy 280X or wait for 290 non X within india
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply